Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello folks and welcome back for todays review of the Air mod that was sent to me from Suorin for the purpose of this review. The Air Mod is the next evolution in the AIR series of thin mods from Suorin. Like it's siblings before the Air Mod is a very thin device that uses a corner of the mods top portion as it's mouthpiece. Unlike the past AIR devices the Air Mod has adjustable wattage with a 40 watt maximum output with a internal 1500mAh battery. This new version has many upgrades from previous ones that include a auto-draw feature, before I give any more away lets check out the Suorin Air Mod in detail before the review.

COLOR CHOICES

SuorinAirKit20210521_1_2048x.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE BOX ( TYPE-C CHARGE CORD IS INCLUDED ALSO )

SuorinAirKit20210521_6.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

SuorinAirKit20210521_2.jpg

SEMI-TRANSLUCENT FRAME

Suorin_Air_Mod_Kit_Cyber_Mod_Design.jpg

Suorin_Air_Mod_Kit_Coming.jpg

ADJUSTABLE AIRFLOW

Suorin_Air_Mod_Kit_Conditioning_Mechanism.jpg

0.96-INCH DISPLAY SCREEN

Suorin_Air_Mod_Kit_TFT_Screen.jpg

1500mAh INTERNAL BATTERY WITH TYPE-C

Suorin_Air_Mod_Kit_1500mAh_Battery_Capacity.jpg

REFINED HEATING

Suorin_Air_Mod_Kit_Refined_Heating_Dynamics.jpg

REPLACEABLE SUB-OHM MESH COILS

Suorin_Air_Mod_Kit_Mesh_Coil.jpg

EXPLODED VIEW

Suorin_Air_Mod_Kit_Exploded_View.jpg

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Suorin packaged the Air Mod as most company's do having the device and coils resting in individual cutouts with your user manual and charge cord sitting below them. Suorin wraps it's devices in a thin piece of plastic for protection against scratches in the shipping process, I like that they do this.

I knew right away before even unwrapping the protective plastic sheet from the mod that it was going to be a fingerprint magnet and indeed it is. I left the wrap on the mod in this first picture so you could see it.

We now have replaceable coils instead of replaceable pods and that's a major upgrade in my opinion, both coils are mesh but the material of the coil is not stated. The 2 coils are 0.6Ω mesh rated at 25-32w and the other coil is the 0.8Ω mesh rated at 16-22w. Displayed is the front of the device with the 0.96 inch display screen bottom left.

20210824_143229.jpg

The pod portion of this device holds 3ml of juice and as half of the device is it's translucent also. The large sized fill hole has a blue cover gasket that can be rotated out of the way when refiling the pod. I like that half of the mod is translucent showing the circuit board.

20210826_143245.jpg

As most do the Air Mod's pod is held in place using a magnet that is very strong, your pod will stay in place without coming off. The coils fit inside the pod with the flat edges facing the sides of the device.

20210825_142835.jpg

Another of the Air Mods features is that you can use it in a traditional fashion of pressing the fire/power button to activate and vape it or you can use the auto-draw feature, I will tell you that the auto-draw works very well and the airflow is smooth. I never had any funny sounds or a whistle at any airflow selection that I tried.

20210825_144901.jpg

Viewing juice levels is no problem because of the translucent 3ml pod, I like that the cotton juice feed holes on the coils are located very low making it very hard to run the tank dry if your not paying attention to the juice level in the pod.

20210827_202131.jpg

As all Suorin AIR devices do the mouthpiece is one corner of the device once the pod in in place, this does take some getting used to coming from a traditional mouthpiece but you quickly get used to it.

20210826_125227.jpg

Because the Air Mod is so thin I suggest keeping it laying flat when not in use, it will stand upright but any little movement on the surface it's standing on will cause it to fall and that's not good for any device. The type-c charge port is located on the bottom of the device.

20210826_124725.jpg

All your controls are located on the left side and are of the same color of the device as well as being translucent also, I am a button pressing vaper normally because very few devices that have a auto-draw feature actually work well. When auto-draw is activated the disply screen lights just like it would when using the fire button.

Suorins auto-draw is a exception because it works very well and because of the mouthpiece being the top corner of the mod it's so much easier to operate the device using the auto-draw than having to hold the mod in a certain position in order to press the fire button, using auto-draw you can vape the device in any hand position comfortably.

There is a airflow selector on the Air Mod that when fully closed down gives a very nice semi-tight MTL draw and when fully open gives a very nice RDL vape. Unfortunately the resistance is almost 0 on the control, when put in a pocket the airflow setting you selected will come off that setting very easily, luckily for me I like it wide open and that only requires a swipe down with my finger or thumb, precise settings are difficult with the control lever being so loose.

20210828_071230.jpg

As mentioned earlier the Air Mod has a nice bright display screen with fonts that are easy to read and the layout is also done very well. Screen layout listed below from top to bottom.

* BATTERY BAR

* WATTAGE

* PUFF COUNTER

* COIL OHM

* SECONDS OF LAST VAPE

20210828_071106.jpg

Being a wattage only device makes the menu system easy to navigate, there really is no menu just a couple of button combinations that are listed below.

* ON/OFF - 5 QUICK PRESSES OF THE FIRE/POWER BUTTON

* WATTAGE LOCK/UNLOCK - HOLD BOTH ADJUSTMENT BUTTONS SIMULTANEOUSLY

* CLEARING THE PUFF COUNTER - HOLD BOTH ADJUSTMENT BUTTONS SIMULTANEOUSLY

USING THE AIR MOD

Well folks I will tell you that I had hoped that with the introduction of replaceable coils on this latest device in the AIR series of devices that they would be good flavor producers and they are, I would say they are better than your average coil.

I used a juice that I know very well and both coils gave me a well saturated flavorful vape, using the 0.6Ω mesh coil at 30w gave me my sweet spot for flavor and warmth with the airflow fully open.

Using the 0.8Ω mesh coil was equally pleasing but I lost a touch of warmth, airflow was reduced as well being of a smaller diameter. You can use the the 0.8Ω in a MTL fashion and it performs very well.

Keeping the Air Mod free of fingerprints is impossible, if this device had a matt finish it would be so much better, I hope future releases will have a matt finish, having a shiny surface is pretty but covered in fingerprints not so much. ( LISTEN TO ME SUORIN ).

Being as thin as it is it will disappear almost anywhere you choose to carry it, in a pocket you won't even notice it. For a device of this size it's really lightweight.

Battery management is also very good giving the device another big plus of the many that it has. Using the 0.6Ω coil I averaged between 330-336 vapes on a fully charged battery, using the 0.8Ω I averaged 352-360 vapes on a fully charged battery.

My only 2 negatives with the Air Mod is the airflow selector switch/lever being way to loose to function other than wide open or fully closed down for a tight MTL vape. Being as nice looking as it is being a fingerprint magnet tarnishes it's look after using for a short time.

PROS

* THIN

* FAIRLY LIGHTWEIGHT

* VERY GOOD FLAVOR

* TYPE-C CHARGE PORT

* 3ML POD CAPACITY

* BRIGHT DISPLAY

* SMOOTH AIRFLOW

* GREAT AUTO-DRAW

* VERY FAST SCROLLING

* TRANSLUCENT POD AND HALF OF THE MOD

CONS

* AIRFLOW CONTROL VERY LOOSE

* FINGERPRINT MAGNET

I would like to thank Mira and SUORIN for providing the latest in the AIR series of devices the AIR MOD. I hope that my review helped answer any questions many of you looking to purchase the AIR MOD had.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Nice review! I saw one of those in the wild, but didn't get to ask what it was. It's hard to judge by your hand shots if a device is really as small as you make it look, lol, but they really are petite and futuristic.
    Thank you Delores, the flavor that it put out was a surprise, I shot a couple of quick photos with a couple of everyday objects to give the device some scale for you I hope it helps.

20210831_130851.jpg

20210831_131550.jpg

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Status