Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Welcome back folks for today's review of the Trident from Suorin. My last 2 reviews have been devices from Suorin that through testing came out winners in my book, can the Trident make it 3 for 3? Before giving you my thoughts in the review lets find out what the Trident is all about.

e3_02.jpg

COLOR CHOICES

e3_15.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE TRIDENT

e3_17.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

e3_16.jpg

INSTANT FIRE

e3_05.jpg

BOOST CONVERTER WITH POWER UP TO 85 WATTS

e3_06.jpg

DUAL AIRFLOW PLUS COIL AIRFLOW ADJUSTMENT

e3_07.jpg

REPLACEABLE SINGLE 18650 WITH TYPE-C CHARGING

e3_11.jpg

ORI SMART CHIP

e3_04.jpg

4.4ML TRANSPARENT POD

e3_08.jpg

AVAILABLE COILS AND RBA

e3_09.jpg

85 WATTS MAX POWER

e3_12.jpg

FIVE SAFETY SYSTEMS

e3_13.jpg

BREAKDOWN OF THE TRIDENT

e3_14.jpg

TRIDENT = DESIRABLE, LIGHTWEIGHT, PROVEN PERFORMANCE

e3_03.jpg

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS

Packaging for the trident is the same as the 2 other Suorin devices I've reviewed with it's contents being the device, pod and 2 coils being a 0.4Ω single mesh rated at 40-60w and a 0.2Ω triple mesh rated at 55-75w that sit in individual plastic cut outs, Suorin does not include a charging cord with the kit, the user red user manual lays on top.

20210615_130010.jpg

I liked the appearance of the device right off the bat, the red color contrast against the carbon fiber sticker across the spine with a silver touch of the airflow selector, a very nice melding of colors. I noticed that the coils themselves also have a airflow selector on the base giving you more options of airflow. Suorin also got it right by keeping the pod very lightly tinted so juice viewing is a breeze. A trait that Suorin did in the past 2 device that I reviewed showed up again with the Trident having a protective sticker across the display screen for transportation protection.

20210615_141044.jpg

As most pod mods are held in place using magnets the Trident uses them as well and they hold in place very well, in the center of the connection point between the outer magnets are 2 gold contact pins for the coil's connection to the device shown with the 0.2Ω triple mesh coil installed.

20210615_132936.jpg

Unfortunately there is no top or side fill of the pod but rather bottom fill, with the coil in place it can be difficult to grasp the little tab of the fill port plug. once opened up there is a very nice sized fill hole that fit Gorilla bottle tips with ease.

20210615_134504.jpg

As mentioned earlier the Trident uses a replaceable 18650 battery and I can only imagine how much better it would be if it ran off a 21700 instead. Running a coil such as the triple mesh at 60w really drains a 18650 quickly, the Trident has good battery management but any device running higher wattage numbers on a single 18650 battery will not last that long.

The battery is feed through the device via the bottom and uses a screw on cap/cover that after loosening can be twisted off by grasping the outer portion which really speeds up time and makes for a much better way instead of the inner tab that must be opened up and turned without it collapsing back down and having to pull it up again as many others use on their battery covers. Battery polarity is only marked on the cap with a minus symbol.

20210615_131050.jpg

20210615_131759.jpg

The Trident has 2 airflow slots, you adjust airflow by moving the airflow selector that begins to close down only 1 of the 2 slots which is different from what is normally found on a dual airflow device, usually when adjusting both slots close down equally but the Trident only closes down 1 slot, and remember you also have a airflow control on the coil itself. On all adjustments that I tried the airflow remained smooth with no whistle or funny sounds. The 2 slots are located at the top of the device in a silver color control .

20210615_144035.jpg

The front of the device is clean with the Suorin name very lightly placed at the top under the lightly tinted display screen, the fire button is just below it and the up and down buttons that are rectangular in shape are at the bottom with the type-c charge port below them.

The display screen is bright and vivid with nice sized fonts that make viewing your information a breeze. The color of the display screen is green and when switched into RBA mode turns red.

Every bit of information you need is well placed on the screen and the information layout from top to bottom and left to right is as follows.

* Lock/ Unlock symbol

* Auto/RBA mode

* Battery bar

* Wattage

* Ohms

* Time of your last vape

* Puff counter

20210616_160659.jpg

20210617_020902.jpg

The Trident is one of the easiest devices to operate because there are only 2 modes of operation (Auto/RBA) and being a wattage only device no need for a menu system only a couple of button combinations to remember.

* On/Off is 5 quick presses of the fire button

* Wattage lock is 3 quick presses of the fire button

* To switch modes from Auto to RBA is press the fire and down button simultaneously

* To clear the puff counter press the fire and up button simultaneously

COILS

The 0.2Ω triple mesh coil really puts out very good flavor and enough vapor to cloud up a room very quickly, I made the mistake when first testing the coils of jumping in my truck to run some errands and took a very deep vape and was blinded with so much thick vapor LOL.

Manufacturers really have come a long way with producing great drop in coils and Suorin is right up there with the 2 that were supplied with the Trident.

The 0.4Ω single mesh coil has a lot more airflow and although the flavor is very good the 0.2Ω coil edges it out in my opinion.

I was not sent the RBA coil for review which I would love to have tried and built, having a RBA option is a very big plus for the Trident.

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

I think the Trident is a very nice pod mod having no problems at all in the testing of it, it's lightweight makes it very portable and the flavor off the coils make me a happy and satisfied man when vaping it.

The ease of use with a bright easy to read display screen give it a winner status in my book.

All edges are rounded making it very comfortable to hold and it's size is just right for a ergonomic grip while thumb or finger firing the device.

I would like to thank Mira and Suorin for providing the Trident Mod Pod for the purpose of this review and hope that this review has helped anyone looking to purchase the Trident Pod Mod.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread