Super Dry Skin Around Mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

enadrown

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
Salina, Kansas
I think i have read of this issue somewhere in here, but I can't find it when searching. Since starting to vape the skin around my mouth is super dry and flaky, almost to the point of cracking an inch all the way around my mouth. Is this common and will it clear up if it is?

mixing 50/50 PG and VG now. no other problems now, no sore throat or anything.

rjp44

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
West Chester, OH
I've only had some dryness in my mouth and throat which I cured by upping my water intake. There is a subforum on health issues here Health, Safety and E-Smoking - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat and once you get 15 posts you can start a thread if you con't find anyone else experiencing the same problem. Some people have reactions to PG but I don't know what all those reactions are. You might try a VG based juice to see if the problem clears up and for now get some lotion on the area several times a day .

enadrown

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
Salina, Kansas
LOL. i tell you what, i know the lotion, i am a moisturizer girl and avon is going to make a pretty penny off of me with that new moisturizer that i normally WOULDN'T use being slathered on when its feeling dried out again. Water helps skin too, I will drink more I am just a horrible water drinker. Since I got laid off and dont get out much any more my pop consumption is almost gone, but i haven't replaced it with anything! ha

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I think i have read of this issue somewhere in here, but I can't find it when searching. Since starting to vape the skin around my mouth is super dry and flaky, almost to the point of cracking an inch all the way around my mouth. Is this common and will it clear up if it is?

mixing 50/50 PG and VG now. no other problems now, no sore throat or anything.

It sounds like simple chapping. You may be dehydrated somewhat...vaping will do that, so increase water intake. I would try VG only for a while if you can (not sure if you are mixing your own). Several juice vendors sell VG-only juices. I personally do not like any PG in my juices. I don't get what you are experiencing, but I do get stuffy headed and headachy. VG is actually sold as a moisturizer, so this may clear it up.

good luck and let us know what happens! i'm sure others here have experienced something similar.

Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread