Super Minis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calaban

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Newmarket, NH USA
After a month of vaping on my 901b, I have decided that i am ready to purchase my next e-cig.

I still have a hankering for a compact e-cig that actually looks like an analog....I dunno why, I suppose I feel like it will be even more convincing to my psyche or something.

The type of e-cig I'm looking for is known as a 'super-mini' right?

So, two questions:

Which of the super-minis is the smallest?

Out of those, which performs the best? (most vapor, most reliable - I am not too concerned with battery life as I will always have extras charging)

I'm just looking for opinions...not a definite answer (as I think it is pretty subjective)

Thanks,

-Cal

EDIT: If this belongs in the Review section please feel free to move it. I didn't put it there because it's not a review :)

justtry

Feb 19, 2009
be prepared for less vapor than your 901, unless you drip or load your carts up with liquid every 2 mins. I mean its all your choice, but i have several minis and i only use them when im driving or as backup devices to my trusy 901. the janty mini fogger is the best one but it hardly looks like a regular analog. Id shoot for the intellicig, looks like an analog and is decent enough to depend on.

Calaban

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Newmarket, NH USA
be prepared for less vapor than your 901, unless you drip or load your carts up with liquid every 2 mins. I mean its all your choice, but i have several minis and i only use them when im driving or as backup devices to my trusy 901. the janty mini fogger is the best one but it hardly looks like a regular analog. Id shoot for the intellicig, looks like an analog and is decent enough to depend on.

I am definitely leaning toward the Intellicig based on many peoples' comments. Just wondering what else is out there.

I don't mind topping off more often. I basically want to use a super mini when I am out at a bar.....I would go outside to vape anyway, and I would just top off enough for one smokes worth.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I've had great success with the Evo - long battery life and great vapour imho. I have a 901 and find that, though it chucks out vapour, most of it goes into the air rather than my mouth. Which just goes to show that all vapers are different and that what suits one of us may not suit another. :)

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
I've had great success with the Evo - long battery life and great vapour imho. I have a 901 and find that, though it chucks out vapour, most of it goes into the air rather than my mouth. Which just goes to show that all vapers are different and that what suits one of us may not suit another. :)
+1 for the evo.

Since i got mine from Pete i'm getting 6-7 hours of battery life on the genie batteries and thats pretty heavy use, great vapour production , USB charges it in less than an hour. I am a great fan of the 901 , but this evo has currently replaced it.

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
Surprised no one has mentioned the LTv-9... my first e-cig was a mini. The LTv-9 is a great vapor producer, and only has two componants. So for a intro to vaping, I would suggest one. Check out ePuffer.com and look at their EAZE Magnum. On March 30th they will be sending out the Magnums with new batteries. All in all, a nice mini with tons of vapor, and no spilling juice etc.
Just my two cents
-VP

FawnLeibowitz

Feb 17, 2009
I have a super mini from Vapor guys that I love. It's smaller, so it's not a workhorse (I have a Vapor 1000 penstyle from Vaporcig for that), but it gives really nice vapor and it is probably the closest thing sizewise to an analog out there (89mm?). Epuffer also has a super mini (and micro) but I was sorely disappointed in their product, cost and customer service. The super mini from Vaporguys is a good deal--50 bucks for 2 atomizers, 2 batteries and a charger.

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
The EVO isn't a super-mini, the super-minis are RN4081s, and the EVO is an M401 like the Pilot, which are a bit larger I believe. Super-Minis are only slightly larger then a 100 cigarette by a couple of millimeters. A good RN4081 believe it or not is the Smoking Everywhere Gold. The batteries seem to last longer then other RN4081's such as PureSmokers according to a few people on this board, and they produce pretty good vapor once you start using your own juice.

You also get a 1 year warranty (although essentially unlimited because they don't ask for a receipt) so anytime your atomizer dies or a battery won't hold a charge, you get a brand new one for free. I got mine from an ebay seller for $79, though he has a website now since ebay banned e-cigs (see below). Most other super-minis are $50, so you're paying $30 extra ($20 with the rebate below) to get unlimited free atomizers and batteries for as long as they are in business. I think it's a great deal. Usually they cost $150, but this guy sells them for $79, plus, if you put the word "coupon" in the notes section of the paypal checkout, you get 10% back, so that's about $70 for a super-mini and free parts for years. And shipping from this guy is free:
Friendly Merchandiser He's based in California I believe.

Last edited:

justtry

Feb 19, 2009
yes dcrist, we've talked before about the SMev Gold, i've moved on to other devices but i have a gold and with an aftermarket atomizer and my wicked liquid (dripped of course)....it is my beater e-cig that i use literally to vape the daylights out of when im in the car (as a passenger, on the way to work, no dripping and driving lol.) It is an awful crime that they charge 150 for this cig, but we all learn of course after we buy it lol. the good thing about this mini is it is very inconspicuous and easy to find carts for it on the go, many similar models out there. With the stock atomizer and carts it sucks beyond suck could ever suck. but with some upgrades its a good little vapor pusher!

did you buy that stuff for the GOLD after our chat on here Dcrist??

if so, hows it all working out?

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
yes dcrist, we've talked before about the SMev Gold, i've moved on to other devices but i have a gold and with an aftermarket atomizer and my wicked liquid (dripped of course)....it is my beater e-cig that i use literally to vape the daylights out of when im in the car (as a passenger, on the way to work, no dripping and driving lol.) It is an awful crime that they charge 150 for this cig, but we all learn of course after we buy it lol. the good thing about this mini is it is very inconspicuous and easy to find carts for it on the go, many similar models out there. With the stock atomizer and carts it sucks beyond suck could ever suck. but with some upgrades its a good little vapor pusher!

did you buy that stuff for the GOLD after our chat on here Dcrist??

if so, hows it all working out?

Yeah, I found that the totally wicked (pillbox) atomizer didn't make much of a difference, maybe slightly but nothing major, what did make a huge difference was using my own liquid, especially the liquid from TW, so thanks for that tip.

However when I found out that there was a one year warranty I didn't feel scammed at all. If I payed $150 for it I would have, but I only payed 90 something dollars, and now the price from that guy is down to $79 with free shipping, so it's that much greater of a deal now. I would recommend this e-cig from that seller, or any other seller with a similar price, to anyone new to e-cigs because of the unlimited free replacement parts with Smoking Everywhere.

Last edited:

Calaban

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Newmarket, NH USA
Lots of confusion :oops:

According to this website....

E-Cigarette Models

...the Intellicig EVO is similar to both the m401 and m402.
This is confusing to me lol.

The m401 is 108mm long....only about 10mm shorter than my 901b. The m402 is 96mm long....now we're in the ballpark of what I'm looking for.

Both the m401 and m402 are labeled as being similar to the EVO......but the EVO is 108mm if I'm not mistaken. This makes it closer to the m401, not the m402. Why is that website saying the EVO is similar to both of those models? Mistake?

It sounds like I am looking for something along the lines of the m402.

Now, who sell reliable m402's?

And Fawn, you said your Vapor Guys super mini is 89mm? That sounds great! Do you know what model it is? EDIT: It looks to be a JOYE306A

Sorry to all for being so clueless....just trying to get to the bottom of this!

Thanks again.

-Calaban

PS - I am intriuged by the Smoking Everywhere Gold, but sketched out by their crappy reputation. Lifetime parts is attractive though.......

Last edited:

justtry

Feb 19, 2009
LOL i've been boycotting that damn kiosk in the mall for a few months, not knowing i had a warranty on my 3.0/gold, thanks for the info, im gonna take my receipt and 3 dead atomizers over there tomorrow and get some new ones (hopefully). I know the owner of the kiosk he helped me the last time with defective cartridges, but his regular employees are a bunch of !%$#'s they know nothing about e smoking, when i brought up the fact that they should check out a 901 or a Dura they were like "what's that?" I know im rambling but i get fed up with their whole marketing scheme, how they say its like a carton of cigs worth= 5 cartridges, give me a break takes me 15 puffs to dry out a cartridge for this cig. I know its a selling point to get ppl to buy it, but at 100% markup, come on!

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Lots of confusion :oops:

According to this website....

E-Cigarette Models

...the Intellicig EVO is similar to both the m401 and m402.
This is confusing to me lol.

The m401 is 108mm long....only about 10mm shorter than my 901b. The m402 is 96mm long....now we're in the ballpark of what I'm looking for.

Both the m401 and m402 are labeled as being similar to the EVO......but the EVO is 108mm if I'm not mistaken. This makes it closer to the m401, not the m402. Why is that website saying the EVO is similar to both of those models? Mistake?

It sounds like I am looking for something along the lines of the m402.

Now, who sell reliable m402's?

And Fawn, you said your Vapor Guys super mini is 89mm? That sounds great! Do you know what model it is? EDIT: It looks to be a JOYE306A

Sorry to all for being so clueless....just trying to get to the bottom of this!

Thanks again.

-Calaban

PS - I am intriuged by the Smoking Everywhere Gold, but sketched out by their crappy reputation. Lifetime parts is attractive though.......

Not a problem.

An Evo with a Mighty Atom battery is 95mm long. That may be more to your taste! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread