• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Super off-topic but does anybody know any trustworthy dog foster centers or no-kill centers in Queens/LI area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
Found a white Maltese recently just wandering the streets.

No luck with posters in the area and the CL's ad makes me scared for humanity. When I asked for more information had two tell me the dog was a guy when I even posted it was a female.

I already have 3 dogs of my own so I can't house another even if I wanted to.

Anybody know any trustworthy dog foster programs in the area? Prefer it to be in Queens or LI (located in Flushing) to make it easier for its owner.

Again sorry for the off-topicness. Know there are a lot of dog fanatics here so hoping somebody in the area has some input.

priestizzle

Verified Member
Jun 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY USA
Found a white Maltese recently just wandering the streets.

No luck with posters in the area and the CL's ad makes me scared for humanity. When I asked for more information had two tell me the dog was a guy when I even posted it was a female.

I already have 3 dogs of my own so I can't house another even if I wanted to.

Anybody know any trustworthy dog foster programs in the area? Prefer it to be in Queens or LI (located in Flushing) to make it easier for its owner.

Again sorry for the off-topicness. Know there are a lot of dog fanatics here so hoping somebody in the area has some input.

Isn't the north shore animal league in Long Island? That's where I adopted my Dog. They rescued her from euthanasia so I believe they are a no-kill center. Give them a call see what the deal is. They were really friendly back then and seemed to really love their animals.

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
Isn't the north shore animal league in Long Island? That's where I adopted my Dog. They rescued her from euthanasia so I believe they are a no-kill center. Give them a call see what the deal is. They were really friendly back then and seemed to really love their animals.

Dog is too old. North Shore is super selective on the dogs they take in probably due to their no-kill policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread