super relieved at the airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmyhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
West Chester, Pa
So today im flying to florida to stay a while during christmas/new years. I brought 2 provari minis, a vmod xl, an ihybrid, two ego twists, 10 vivi novas, and varias 10ml vials of different juices. Went through security scared to death even though i knew i didnt have anything that was prohibited. Went through without a hitch i didnt even get asked about it. However my girlfriend who had a wrapped gift for me wasnt so lucky, apparently she got me a shaving cream can thats hollowed out so you can hide.money or what have you. Well they opened it in front of me. Im still confused why she thought it would be ok but o well in the end they.let her keep it. So back to my original topic if anyone is worried about air travel dont be jist have everything nice and neat dont try to hide anything and put all liquids in a quart bag, also dont try to be cool and vape on the plane.

JuiceHound

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2012
Gainesville, FL, USA
Hi Jimmyhat, thanks for this info, this is something I've been interested in for a long time now. It's nice to know we can at least 'carry' our equipment on planes. Maybe we'll get lucky once all the legal 'dust' settles, and we might even be allowed to vape on planes one day!!

Also, from what research I've done, nowadays you have to keep all lithium ion batteries (including laptops themselves!) in the cabin and each battery in its own plastic bag. Putting them in bags keeps them from shorting out on other objects. Keeping all lithium ion in the cabin (as opposed to in the cargo like they used to do it) ensures they would see any fire or spark as soon as possible and be able to deal with it. If it happens in cargo, we'd all be dead by the time they figure out something went wrong! The last trip I took from FL to LV, i was vaping Green Smoke and Bull Smoke at the time and had no trouble at all with my batts and carts :) Now the equipment I carry nowadays, I'd be as skeptical as you, as to whether or not it would be a problem! ;)

One I idea I had (and I'm sure others have thought of this too), is to ship a small package ahead of time, to your destination, containing everything you'll need for vaping. I'm going to do this when I visit my brother in OR this spring.

Thanks and again and I hope others add to this discussion as well.

Peace

Christine Dampf

Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
Germany
But if you are on a long plane trip...and are desperately in need of a quick vape...well...there is always "stealth vaping"...I do that in the cinema or on the train. Inhale...deeply...keep the vape in...and then exhale slowly into your sweater or scarf...or whatever...
Nobody will notice anything.
But you should use a very small mod with a small atomizer. Using a Provari with a Cobra would probably not be such a good idea...lol

Jimmyhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
West Chester, Pa
I could see that, people freak out about anything, i also heard that the vapor messes with the electronics but like anything else i feel like thats just an excuse they can give without having to worry about someone arguing with it. I can wait till i land to vape even though it would be nice to do it its not necessary to me

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA
But if you are on a long plane trip...and are desperately in need of a quick vape...well...there is always "stealth vaping"...I do that in the cinema or on the train. Inhale...deeply...keep the vape in...and then exhale slowly into your sweater or scarf...or whatever...
Nobody will notice anything.
But you should use a very small mod with a small atomizer. Using a Provari with a Cobra would probably not be such a good idea...lol

To improve stealthiness, after you inhale, pause, then inhale (just air) again. This thins the vapor further.

b00m3rang

Dec 16, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I could see that, people freak out about anything, i also heard that the vapor messes with the electronics but like anything else i feel like thats just an excuse they can give without having to worry about someone arguing with it. I can wait till i land to vape even though it would be nice to do it its not necessary to me

They say everything messes with the electronics! According to the FAA, a slight breeze and all the instruments catch fire and start electrocuting the pilots. I think in reality they're slightly more durable than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread