• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Super Six

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
W. Valley/Phoenix Arizona USA
Woo Hoo

I just received notification that my Super Six is on the way. It should be in my hot little hands by the end of the week, providing the holiday mail rush doesn't hold it up.
I was just looking at pics of those......they look really nice! Hey Hellen!!! Have you seen these yet?? Or do you already have 3 of em??? LOL

I want i want BAD!! heehee

Martin2277

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Woo Hoo

I just received notification that my Super Six is on the way. It should be in my hot little hands by the end of the week, providing the holiday mail rush doesn't hold it up.

Very nice Pipes1. Hope you get it before the 19th. I have been checking out that series but the wait time keeps me away. I may have to just order one and wait impatiently one day. I have to stop spending so much. One of these days I might come to a meeting with a cart full of stuff... I don't see myself holding a handbag so it will be a case. LOL

pipes1

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
Hey Mike
What wait are you talking about?
(Only 12 weeks for me. LOL)

To be fair to David, owner of Super T Manufacturing, this entire process was more of development than production. The up side for those of who waited will be the best of the designs. He is now able to increase production with the additional help and finalized development of the process. I don't know what the wait time will be but it will certainly be significantly improved.

Mine was shipped on Monday so should have it the end of this week, assuming a couple of days extra for holiday mail delay.

Later
Bob

Very nice Pipes1. Hope you get it before the 19th. I have been checking out that series but the wait time keeps me away. I may have to just order one and wait impatiently one day. I have to stop spending so much. One of these days I might come to a meeting with a cart full of stuff... I don't see myself holding a handbag so it will be a case. LOL

Martin2277

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Yeah I keep looking at the site, but I just don't know... I like the Brass options and I might look in to the Mini T once it is out but I already own 3 mods... I am looking forward to seeing all the new mods people have at the next meeting. Should be fun. I wonder if Chad will bring his new creation for a sneak peak.

pipes1

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
I hope Chad does have it available for us to see. I tried to get a rise out of him, on his forum, but no response.

Maybe we should all start a new thread, there and see if we can get an answer.

Yeah I keep looking at the site, but I just don't know... I like the Brass options and I might look in to the Mini T once it is out but I already own 3 mods... I am looking forward to seeing all the new Mods people have at the next meeting. Should be fun. I wonder if Chad will bring his new creation for a sneak peak.

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
W. Valley/Phoenix Arizona USA

Oh Yeah...cases rock!!! I agree :D

pipes1

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
I have now had a few hours with the new family member and will make an attempt at an objective review. (Objective??? Who the hell am I kidding - this creation is simply fantastic.)

I do have a good grasp on precision machining, as I have been involved in it for the last 25 years. I also have one of the other high end PVs, along with a few additional mods, and nothing comes close to the Super-6.

To start, I will give a few impressions of my other high end mod. Concentricity of the adaptor was so far off that the lip extended over the edge of the body enough to catch on your pocket. (Not what you would expect from a professionaly machined piece.) The end cap and adaptor both had an unfinished look, as well as being out of round. A quick look at the switch design gives the impression of an assembly made in a China factory, by hand. The insulator was badly distorted and appeared to have been press fit with a tool that didn't match the profile of the part. The body had an extremely large vent hold dead in the middle of the body. Along with the poor astetics of the vent placement it wasn't even de-burred and sharp enough to cut my thumb. After a couple of uses, I noticed a scratch on one of my batteries and realized there was also a large burr inside the body. Had I not noticed it could have cut through the battery case and may have created a short. I am not trying to degrade this device but am attempting to provide an honest assessment.

With all that said, I understand the costs and time, involved with hand built products and am happy with the purchase. With a little effort on my part, the fit and finish are now acceptable and the PV performs as expected. This being an industry in it's infancy, we should expect a few imperfections.

Now to the Super 6:
This is the part where objectivity goes out the window and admiration take over.
Manufacturing excelence, would be the first term that comes to mind.
Button clearances are desgined for a smooth movement without alowing it to shift around creating the cheap feel of so many others. Both of my adapters are an exact match to the body and perfectly concentric. Machining of the adapter threads was accomplished at dead center and maintain alignment of the atty parallel to the body of the device. By designing 4 vent holes, evenly spaced around the body diameter, they add to the look of the piece rather than detract like my other device. To put it simply, Super T Manufacturing has done a superb job in machining this device.

The finish is easily on par with the attention to detail used in the maching process. Even under magnification, the finish is exceptional. David accomodated my request for adapters without the knurling although I expect it caused him some additional work. The transition from body to adapter, without the knurling, required additional effort to maintain the finish throughout and the execution was flawless.

Perfection in fit, function and finish describe the Super 6 to a T. (Super-T, that is.)

If you managed to get this far you must be wondering if it would ever end so I guess I have said enough.

The end.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Bob, the Super 6 sounds wonderful! I can't wait to see it (better put a leash on it... pass that baby around and ummm, it can disappear in my handbasket and I can be in my Truck before you know it!)

I've got the new Chameleon to show ya... you can hold it while I look at the Super 6 for insurance.... ha.

Any word on the T-2????

pipes1

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
Hey Hellen.
Top o the morn to ya.

With all of the discussions revolving around the Super 6, it seems we have all forgotten about the ST2. David did say it is still in the works but I haven't seen an updated ETA.

Now that I have the Super 6, I am bugging him for the Mini. That is the one I most look forward to as the size is perfect to take everywhere. I now use my GG Slim for that but really want the quality and style of the Mini.

Later
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread