Super-t 14500

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigetto

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2014
Italy
But in your opinion the 14500 is a "old" battery that do not last a lot or is a good battery in specifications use? (no sub ohm) I ask you this because in Italy now the 18650 and 26650 are the preferite battery for the mechanical user. After a long period which the 18350 were the favourites.

In my opinion 14500 is good enought and 14500 mods are the most fashionable portable against the others. I like long and thin of 16-18 mm.....

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Well a 14500 battery is what it is. It will never give you the run time or the high amps of an 18650 simply because of the size difference. But if you like the size of a Precise Simplicity 14500 - you just like it! You don't need to justify it beyond that. I'm waiting on an order for one myself. Then I'll be looking for just the right size atty to complete it. :) Just know your batteries and use coils within their limits. The AW 14500's probably give you the best overall performance.

On a sad note: If you weren't aware Super T is getting out of the e-cig business. ~> http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ness-super-t-storewide-sale-save-up-50-a.html But that is no reason to be put off your purchase. These are quality devices built to last a lifetime. Super T will still be backing them with warranty service.

gigetto

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2014
Italy
The 14500 in our country (italy) is forgotten. But a lot of people uses the 18350 similar capacity better discharge but philosophically different from the 14500. Sub ohm and RBA has constricted 14500 mods in a corner, but not destroyed, IMHO with the new AW series 14500 this size can resurrect, never forgotten by old vapers, and could be replace the big size in virtue of light and egostyle dimension.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I don't own any Super-T gear but I do have a sizable GP collection. I'm expecting to receive the new GP Piccolo v4 today. It has some nice innovations like the GPin, a spring loaded double pogo positive pin that removes the need to tinker to adjust for batteries and atomizers, and a new switch that applies constant pressure on the battery. I enjoy the small form factor of 14500 and 18350 batteries but it seems that the trend of high amperage 18650 batteries and sub-ohming and possibly a limited number of popular 14mm toppers causes people to overlook and pass on 14500 mods.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
@firestorm there are a lot of dripper good for a 17 mm, igo-s Smok mini, unexpensive RBA and well made not only for the price, or other things like the old DSA or minigen like titanium UD ag .....and many more, like all the fashions the 14500 have had his spring...and now is winter.

Thanks for the feedback @gigetto. I'm not into Genesis atomizers and I avoid plastic tanks so I haven't seen a lot that interests me. I will mostly use Spheroids although I did recently buy a SMOK Dripper RDA. I tend to reserve drippers for larger capacity batteries that I like to use with dual coil builds totalling 1.0ohm although I really like the look of the eBaron Spiral by Leo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread