Status
Not open for further replies.

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
what i am suggesting is a way a single member may rate a supplier from 1-5 5 best of course. then these rating from each member can be averaged out to show there overall public opinion of them. it may or may not be possible and should it be used then a member can re-vote should there opinion be changed either there great or poor customer service. yes any voting system could be corrupted in many ways which is why i suggested they be averaged and people be allowed to re-vote after a time.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Good Idea in Theory IMO the anonymous poll/rating , really doesn't amount to beans. unless you mean or if there is a way to tie that rating to a post.... a member rates the supplier but comments on why they gave that rating... sort of a mini-review

But in actuality word of mouth always is the best form of rating. I feel the forum is set up right for members to see how a registered supplier is.......

I have seen "suppliers" come and go here... and the ones with a good rep stick if you know what I mean. We don't necessarily want to pick a supplier out of popularity (which may not be a bad idea) but out of personal experiences read by others... even if only a small few purchased from them.

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
yes light we can add your idea to mine. i know the supplier review section could be used for this we could group all the Review by supplier inside there and then tie the rating to each of those post. could work similar to the experts where the member post there review with there vote but it then becomes locked and added to the tally's

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
yes light we can add your idea to mine. i know the supplier review section could be used for this we could group all the Review by supplier inside there and then tie the rating to each of those post. could work similar to the experts where the member post there review with there vote but it then becomes locked and added to the tally's

Now That sounds sweet... I can picture it.... Thanks LM for taking my input and open to adapt hehe

A+ LM A+

frankie1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Florida
I think some sort of rating system is a great idea. Major websites, such as Amazon, have customer review/ratings system. Commentary helps members make a better decision as what is acceptable to some, may not be to others. The general boards, and even some vendor sub-forums, are large and unwieldy. Many new members simply do not have the time to wade through hundreds of posts, both informative and in some cases plain silliness, to find the information they need to make a good decision.

Simply allowing the vendor to delete comments is not effective. The member is not forewarned of service or product deficiencies because the complaint is deleted. The flip side of that is posts that are off topic or offensive are deleted and the vendor is made to appear to have an inordinate amount of deleted posts. The member may become suspicious that the deleted posts are indicative of a problem with the product or service when that may not be the case.

Even though there is a disclaimer, I believe, vendors enjoy a certain amount of credibility by their presence on this forum. It is an unfair advantage for unscrupulous vendors and tends to diminish the integrity of the forum. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread