Supplier's Rules Need Updating or Enforcing

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucisac

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2008
Now I'm confused. I thought the rule was created so the end user could voice themselves without creating conflict. The end statement of the post reads as follows.

These rules have been devised over time by this forum's community to ensure that the board is a pleasant and neutral place for users to meet and discuss things.

Given this fact, suppliers should be aware that going against these rules is likely to offend their very own potential customers.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
the rule has been relaxed and is moderated.. a supplier can give help about his/their product.. but not intentionally promote it..

this one is down to moderation.. a supplier has been given a "privilege".. if he or she or them abuse that privilege the moderators step in..

but your point is a very valid one.. it also apples to the entire forum not just the review section.. for some sellers this place is their main (only) source of product promotion..

the spam gets cleverer.. he he

also lets not forget a fake user can give a sh-t review.. or a glowing review.. fake users do exist in this place..

trog

Last edited:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
I've seen a supplier promoting their product on the reviews board recently. I don't think he realises he's spamming and not offering impartial advice.

Kate, if you could shoot me a PM and let me know, I would certainly appreciate it. If it was me who did that, I certainly apologize.

The issue has been discussed by the mods, and the problem with the review threads, is there are lots of new members asking questions. We feel, as long as suppliers aren't stepping outside the boundaries and advertising in other people's review threads, and offering genuine help and advice, its fine.

You will always have suppliers/vendors/trade companies/etc... Starting several usernames. Its a matter of finding the ones with duplicate IP's that is the issue.

My Wife and I have 3: (posting from the same IP address at different times)
CaSHMeRe
Mrs. CaSH
PURE <-- Although, never used ... just registered a few months back.

Last edited:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
I don't want to make an issue of this Cash, I wouldn't even have mentioned it but it's somebody who never stops whining about other suppliers. The post I've most recently noticed is definitely product promotion and not genuine help and advice.

I'll send you a message, let me check out some things first.

Thanks Kate ...

That line now reads like the following.

You may only post in the review section, if and when it is called for. Helping answer customer questions and issues regarding your own product is allowed, but blatant spamming/advertising/bad mouthing of other products both within and outside of the review section, will not be tolerated.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
the line between product promotion and helpful advice is a very difficult one to tread.. he will soon stop bothering giving any advice at all and leave it all to someone else who seems to think they have the right to (very) selectively pass judgment on the intentions of others..

he is getting very tired of continually being stalked by someone who pounces at the first opportunity..

trog

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
the line between product promotion and helpful advice is a very difficult one to tread..

Not really Trog ... you seem to be the only one that pushes the envelope, at least from what I have seen... :) No other supplier seems to have an issue with helping and not promoting their equipment left and right .... Just something to think about bud ....

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
thanks for your views cash.. i think i now know where you stand bud..

shame u couldnt be bothered to answer my pm and let me know where u do stand..

personally i think you should have handed over your moderator status as soon as you became a supplier.. but what i didnt say.. i now feel free to say..

this place is so full of double standards its laughable.. bud...

delete my comments if u will.. u have the ability..

www.PureSmoker.com..

trog

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA

Where I stand ???

Where do I stand Trog? As a mod (speaking in general) we are like referee's. We call them how we see them. Do I take 1 side over the other, not necessarily. Have I ever abused the privilege of being a mod? no ...

The only time you stand up and say something Trog is when you aren't winning the battle. You know how to turn situations around to not only belittle people, but also to make yourself look like the victim. The only people you respect, are the people that buy from you ... plain and simple. I see how you talk to people on your own forum, and then I see how you talk to people on ECF ... 2 completely different attitudes bud.

I call them as I see them ... plain and simple. If you feel I have crossed the line, show me. Until then ... I will continue to call them out I see them ...

Now ... To try and figure out what the rest of your last post meant ....

personally i think you should have handed over your moderator status as soon as you became a supplier.. but what i didnt say.. i now feel free to say..

Freedom of speech never stopped you before ... should I make several old posts examples?

Where's the proof trog? What double standards are you speaking about?

www.PureSmoker.com..

trog

No need ...

Last edited:

Alper

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Melbourne, Australia

PureSmoker.com - Your #1 Source For ECigs, Parts, & Accessories!..

trog

Is the correct pronunciation of your name trog or TROLL!

I do agree with the double standards comment but the way to convey your point is very unnecessary.

I think the initial rule is wrong. i think each supplier should a Q&A thread dedicated to there site to avoid all of this!

Janty have got the right idea! on top of that limit there access to forums they are allowed to post in.

but above all of this I.P addresses need to be tracked

if these items dont get actioned this forum will disolve!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread