Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yeah, sure, it's probably partly based on "years of service".

BTW - If you give each of your Employees 1.33 Million Dollars, you probably Won't have too many people show up for work on Monday.

I've Never actually Done it. But I would still say the Likelihood is Very High.

LOL

• Agree
Reactions: NGAHaze

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
OneMillion-800x445.jpg

Seriously, the median price of a house in San Francisco (where juul is based) is $1.6 million now.

• Informative
Reactions: AttyPops

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
From the first post:

"Nicotine is "very and uniquely harmful" to the developing brain, Adams said in an interview. "

If that is correct, then all nicotine patches and nicotine chewing gum should
be removed from the market immediately !
If it is true there should be direct evidence in the form of adults alive today who smoked as kids and have some measurable difference in brain function compared to people who never smoked. Where is that evidence?

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Where is that evidence?
    Haven't seen such evidence yet. Although I remember reading an article from a med. related mag. showing the links to development problems (incl.brain dev.) with kids, who's moms were heavily smokers and didn't quit during pregnancy. It's not only due to nic. of course. Actually it will be interesting to check on the mom's these days who are vaping nic. juices during pregnancy, does it affect kids in any ways or not?

From the other side of this statement, for example, mr. D.Trump claims he never smoked a cig nor drank alcohol in his life. And still many ppl are considering his mental state and brain development differences.
    Guess there are more factors that might play a role.

Reactions: AttyPops

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    Haven't seen such evidence yet. Although I remember reading an article from a med. related mag. showing the links to development problems (incl.brain dev.) with kids, who's moms were heavily smokers and didn't quit during pregnancy. It's not only due to nic. of course. Actually it will be interesting to check on the mom's these days who are vaping nic. juices during pregnancy, does it affect kids in any ways or not?

From the other side of this statement, for example, mr. D.Trump claims he never smoked a cig nor drank alcohol in his life. And still many ppl are considering his mental state and brain development differences.
    Guess there are more factors that might play a role.
    If nic is such a public health menace then everything that contains it needs to be banned. They can start with the FDA approved pharma gum and losanges. Then all the combustible tobacco products, then chewing tobacco, then snus, ad nausium. If they do all that, first, then I'm okay with the same for vaping.

They are all members of some sort of liars club, competing to see how stupid they can talk and get away with it. Follow the money.

mp25

Dec 27, 2018
    If nic is such a public health menace then everything that contains it needs to be banned. They can start with the FDA approved pharma gum and losanges. Then all the combustible tobacco products, then chewing tobacco, then snus, ad nausium. If they do all that, first, then I'm okay with the same for vaping.

They are all members of some sort of liars club, competing to see how stupid they can talk and get away with it. Follow the money.

My question is: where the hell is the FDA’s plan to ban caffeine products? I was in junior high when the energy drink craze took off, and many of my classmates drank them socially. Not only do they have a lot more caffeine than most coffee products, but they have more sugar than almost any other beverage.

People need to stop pretending that the FDA works in the best interest of this country’s health.

marianna

ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2012
    Netherlands
    If it is true there should be direct evidence in the form of adults alive today who smoked as kids and have some measurable difference in brain function compared to people who never smoked. Where is that evidence?

Without nicotine my brains no longer work as they did about 55 years ago when I started smoking. Nicotine seems to work to prevent dementia.

Ipster

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2012
    Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
    Without nicotine my brains no longer work as they did about 55 years ago when I started smoking. Nicotine seems to work to prevent dementia.
    Nicotine without any doubt is finest (used to be) legal drug found on planet earth.
    The fact that some places want it to be entirely illegal means they’ll be on my boycott list for life.
    ECF is a giant nicotine love fest.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    ECF is a giant nicotine love fest.
    This is to be expected since the vast majority of us have been addicted to it and find it difficult if not impossible to get away from completely.
    This doesn’t mean they’re wrong about the actions of the various interests involved in anti-ecig lobbying though.

Ipster

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2012
    Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
    This is to be expected since the vast majority of us have been addicted to it and find it difficult if not impossible to get away from completely.
    This doesn’t mean they’re wrong about the actions of the various interests involved in anti-ecig lobbying though.
    rant(sic)
    I have been voluntarily addicted to: freshly ground, locally grown coffee; low temperature, vaped nicotine; all forms of love; stamping out hatred & ignorance; papayas; pineapples; pears; horses taller than 16hh; most canines and other domesticated critters;
    floating in the oceans of the world; etc., etc.,
    If my addictions are so toxic and life threatening to other beings that they must inact laws against me...
    Maybe this world should be turned on its head, 180degree flip over, enacting restraints on those so intent on curtailing the actions of others.
    Just sayin...
    No fear of benzine, nicotine or other micro unit ‘maybe’ ingredients in vaping are going to kill someones kids-imho.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I can easily believe that kids, having tried vaping, will like it more than they would have liked their first cigarette. But I'm mystified by the findings that kids who vape are more likely to start smoking. It seems to me that almost anyone who is used to vaping would find cigarettes just as revolting as most first-time smokers do. If they're desperate for nicotine and don't have access to vaping, sure, they'll take what they can get. But, having vaped, finding cigarettes preferable? Just doesn't make sense to me.
    Maybe ecigs are too hard to get consistently.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread