Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Please let us know how long your eGo 650mAh battery lasts before needing to be recharged. You can round up or down to the nearest hour.

This poll is geared toward those who vape very often, as in chain vaping (constantly) or several times each hour.

If your battery life is more than 8 hours, please post how often you take drags from your eGos.

Thanks!

Last edited:

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
This is a new member forum so you might not get as many results here as you would if this survey in the General Discussion forum.

Wish i could answer though but I don't have an Ego 650mah. :)

Yea, I thought about that, but lots of new members are buying eGos, and lots of members who have been here a while read the New Members' threads, so I decided to post it here.

I can't answer, either. Only have 900, 1000, and 1300 eGos. I just received the 900 and 1300 eGos on Saturday, so I don't know how many hours I'll get with them, until I quit rotating all of them. One of the 1300 batteries lost its charge late last night, so that one lasted 2½ days, but I was rotating six eGos, with the help of a friend who's staying here for a few days, waiting for her first eGo order to arrive today or tomorrow.

My 1000 eGos last around 12 hours, but I think they would last a lot longer if I quit sucking on them constantly all day long.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
The first two fully charged uses of mine yielded me 11 hours. Now, I get around 4 or 5. I voted 5. Why do they drop so much so quick? My 510 batteries lasted me almost 4 hours when I first used them. Now, I'm lucky if they last me an hour using moderately.

I don't know if it makes any difference (but it makes sense that it would), but I clean out the threaded ends of all my batteries every time I put them on the charger and every time I change cartomizers (or adapters or atomizers). So I clean out the threads of the batteries very often, and every couple of days, I'll clean them using isopropyl alcohol. I don't know if that could be why your batteries have been lasting less. If you're cleaning the threads often, I'm not sure why they're dropping so quickly. I had that problem with the cheap-quality, overpriced starter kits I bought six weeks ago (Smokeless Delite and Volcano), but so far, not with the eGos.

Luvs5rugrats

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
The Lowcountry
This is a Joye eGo from cignot and while I don't clean them every time, I do clean them every morning. I'll clean everything every time I stick it on the charger from now on. I have been charging my eGo 2x each day. For the past 3 days, I have been charging, then using for about 15-20 minutes, then re-charging until green again to see if that helps but it doesn't. I don't chain-vape but I do use it a lot. I might try using the USB to AC adapter and see if that makes a difference.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Off topic question, when you get a larger Ego battery, do the cones and attys still fit?

Yes, they'll fit all of the eGos. The threads (510) and diameters (1/2") are the same on all eGos, so cones, attys, and cartos will fit all eGos.

The lengths are different:

650 - 2 3/4"
750 - don't have, so I don't know, I'll estimate about 3"
900 - 3 3/8"
1000 - 3 3/4"
1300 - 4 3/4"

Last edited:

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Radicaljd, Kissmint, and Akingsley -

Can you estimate your average time between each drag?

I think I'm trying to find out about how many actual drags you can take before the 650mAh battery dies, so I can compare it to the 12 average hours I get from my 1000mAh eGo.

I have no idea how many drags I actually take in those 12 hours, but if I estimate an average of one drag per minute x 60 minutes x 12 hours, it would be 720 drags. Then divide that by 12 drags (my estimate for one cigarette, I don't remember, never counted them). The result would be 60 cigarettes or 3 packs per day. This seems about right, even though I smoked a pack a day. It seems like I'm vaping about three times more than I smoked.

Last edited:

JB Goode

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2010
Bronx, NY
2 questions here---a long time ago, applying to a cig---there was an expression called *steaming* That was done by taking a lot of drags on a cig when smoking it and what happened was that the filter clogged a little and less smoke came through. The filter was also left a little wet. So my question is, will that also happen when smoking too much if a person is doing the same thing to an E cig? Will the filter clog up and noy allow the proper amount of vapor to come through?
Thanks--Dave
BTW, I have 2 650 batteries from Cignot but it's too soon to give a rating. My kit is only 9 days old.

Last edited:

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
The first two fully charged uses of mine yielded me 11 hours. Now, I get around 4 or 5. I voted 5. Why do they drop so much so quick? My 510 batteries lasted me almost 4 hours when I first used them. Now, I'm lucky if they last me an hour using moderately.
I have read that the battery might not be fully charged when the green light comes on. It has been recommended to leave the battery on the charger for another couple of hours.

Try charging it over night and see if that extends the batteries charge.

2 questions here---a long time ago, applying to a cig---there was an expression called *steaming* That was done by taking a lot of drags on a cig when smoking it and what happened was that the filter clogged a little and less smoke came through. The filter was also left a little wet. So my question is, will that also happen when smoking too much if a person is doing the same thing to an E cig? Will the filter clog up and noy allow the proper amount of vapor to come through?
Thanks--Dave
BTW, I have 2 650 batteries from Cignot but it's too soon to give a rating. My kit is only 9 days old.
An e-cig doesn't have a filter to get clogged. There is what's called filler which is used to soak up and store the e-liquid.

The atomizer must have time to wick the liquid from the filler to the heating coil and if you vape constantly this wicking can lag behind your vaping, so vapor production will drop.

Maybe this is what you are thinking about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread