Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I'm getting a decent amount of leaking from just above the airholes on my newest V4 as well as some flooding/gurgling. I have never had any of these issues at all from my previous one. Doing the exact same builds/wicking as I always have so I can't figure out what the issue is.
Check those o-rings...

Reactions: TrollDragon

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
What is the recommended interval for re-wicking and/or a new coil? Thanks in advance. I haven't been using anything but this for the past week. Really happy I bought this. A little spendy but so very worth it.

Rewick when you get a dry hit or want to switch flavours. If you're not getting dryhits and not switching flavours, change the wick when the taste gets off.
A new coil .. well, mine can last a month (kanthal). If you feel like a new coil or dryburning don't help, put a new one in.

R

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
I'm getting a decent amount of leaking from just above the airholes on my newest V4 as well as some flooding/gurgling. I have never had any of these issues at all from my previous one. Doing the exact same builds/wicking as I always have so I can't figure out what the issue is.
Has to be the oring on the base above the air holes. Probably got kinked somehow. Mine leaks there a bit but I've rebuilt it a lot so I know that oring is getting worn out.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Kayfun 3.1 was before the KFL...so wouldn't that mean the KF4 is TECHNICALLY the 5th Kayfun design?
So we've been vaping on the KF5 all along, and SvoëMestö is just laughing their @$$ë$ off!
No. There are three lines of attys from SM:
1. Full sized, viz. 3.1/K4 series,
2. Mid sized, viz KFLs AND
3. Slim sized, viz K-Minis.

It started off as a Kayfun. No #s added. Then it was upgraded to v2, v2.1, v3, v3.1, v3.1ES and the K4.
Similarly the mid sized ones went from KFL. Then KFL+ and KFL+ v2.
The slim line had it's own #s. Starting as K-Mini. Then the KM2, KM2.1, KM2.1ES and now the KM3.

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
1. Full sized, viz. 3.1 series,

It started off as a Kayfun. No #s added. Then it was upgraded to v2, v2.1, v3, v3.1 and v3.1ES.
The slim line had it's own #s. Starting as K-Mini. Then the KM2, KM2.1, KM2.1ES and now the KM3.

Q, can you or someone post pictures of the various models? That would be a huge help. Going to watch your new video now...

Reactions: qorax

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Q, can you or someone post pictures of the various models? That would be a huge help. Going to watch your new video now...
He has somewhere.
It's there in the OP. As well as in my KM3 review video.

Here are few sans the Kv2:

Kayfuns Line1 Small.jpg

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
1. Full sized, viz. 3.1 series,

It started off as a Kayfun. No #s added. Then it was upgraded to v2, v2.1, v3, v3.1 and v3.1ES.
I call BS, Mr. Qorax!
[emoji13][emoji13][emoji13][emoji13][emoji13][emoji13][emoji14]

A. Other than height (due to condensation chamber), the Kayfun viz. 3.1 series and the KFLs are the same. Diameter included.

B. Where would you qualify the KF4 by the system you laid out?

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I call BS, Mr. Qorax!
[emoji13][emoji13][emoji13][emoji13][emoji13][emoji13][emoji14]

A. Other than height (due to condensation chamber), the Kayfun viz. 3.1 series and the KFLs are the same. Diameter included.

B. Where would you qualify the KF4 by the system you laid out?
Obviously at the #1 series in the above post. I totally forgot to add it there, doing it now.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
It's there in the OP. As well as in my KM3 review video.

Here are few sans the Kv2:

View attachment 531428

Thanks, Q. Enjoyed your video. Even though I'm satisfied with my Kabukis, I think I'll pull my KM3 out again this weekend and give it a go. My problem with all of them is the wicking. I understand what to do once the wick is in the coil. Where I have problems is knowing the right amount to start with.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Thanks, Q. Enjoyed your video. Even though I'm satisfied with my Kabukis, I think I'll pull my KM3 out again this weekend and give it a go. My problem with all of them is the wicking. I understand what to do once the wick is in the coil. Where I have problems is knowing the right amount to start with.
Hmm, then that's a matter of an entirely independent video/tutorial :D

Bird Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Ohio
I'm also having trouble with my new V4 in P3 adaptor mode.
Followed along with Busardo's tutorial to a tee, yet getting no reading from any of my Provari's.
Will tinker around with it for awhile,
Hoping I don't have to switch it back to 510 mode, defeats the whole purpose of buying this thing.
Argh!

Provape sent me a second connector to try and it had the same issues as the first one so I did something that was suggested but I didn't really feel comfortable doing at first. I took a small flat head screw driver and gently pulled up the pin on my Radius and the P3 connector is now working fine. The insulator still falls out when I remove the 510 screw from the base but I can live with that. Not very happy that I have to be doing such things on a $200 mod but I'm just glad it's finally working as intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread