Status
Not open for further replies.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Provape sent me a second connector to try and it had the same issues as the first one so I did something that was suggested but I didn't really feel comfortable doing at first. I took a small flat head screw driver and gently pulled up the pin on my Radius and the P3 connector is now working fine. The insulator still falls out when I remove the 510 screw from the base but I can live with that. Not very happy that I have to be doing such things on a $200 mod but I'm just glad it's finally working as intended.
The oring provape chose to use is mainly for the durability of the material. It's not as springy as some other materials so if it gets really compressed it can take a bit to recover or you assist it by lightly prying on the pin or pushing in the oring.

Reactions: TrollDragon

FogZone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2015
United States
Provape sent me a second connector to try and it had the same issues as the first one so I did something that was suggested but I didn't really feel comfortable doing at first. I took a small flat head screw driver and gently pulled up the pin on my Radius and the P3 connector is now working fine. The insulator still falls out when I remove the 510 screw from the base but I can live with that. Not very happy that I have to be doing such things on a $200 mod but I'm just glad it's finally working as intended.[/QUOTE
Provape sent me a second connector to try and it had the same issues as the first one so I did something that was suggested but I didn't really feel comfortable doing at first. I took a small flat head screw driver and gently pulled up the pin on my Radius and the P3 connector is now working fine. The insulator still falls out when I remove the 510 screw from the base but I can live with that. Not very happy that I have to be doing such things on a $200 mod but I'm just glad it's finally working as intended.
yes, Im sure this is the same issue I'm having because I even get an OP error in 510 mode occasionally. Not as bad as P3 mode but still.
Will probably just keep mine in 510 mode though since the ring adapter is now firmly stuck to my K4 base.
I agree, an awfully big PITA for such expensive gear.

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
Still fairly new to this RTA but very happy this far. All the sudden I am getting dry hits and I am not sure why. Rewicked recently. Not seeing any air bubbles. Have opened and closed the juice control a few times. Any tips as to what to check? Thanks in advance.
Just maybe there is too much Cotton or wicking material. Or the wick could rest in a better spot possibly. Like look in at the Build Deck with the Wick presently mounted; where are the juice inlets in relation to your cotton. Mind you merely suggestions. Good luck

DangVape

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2015
Montreal, QC, Canada
I just got a kayfun V4 (clone) and want to get into tootle puffing. That coming from big cloud, big coil, low ohm super airy atty. I went big cloud mainly because I like hot dense vape, however I'm tired to get the room all fog up after 2-3 puff . :vapor:

What coil build would you recommend to get most flavor without fogging up the room. Right now I'm doing around 1.5 ohm horizontal single macro coil on a mech mod.

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
I just got a kayfun V4 (clone) and want to get into tootle puffing. That coming from big cloud, big coil, low ohm super airy atty. I went big cloud mainly because I like hot dense vape, however I'm tired to get the room all fog up after 2-3 puff . :vapor:

What coil build would you recommend to get most flavor without fogging up the room. Right now I'm doing around 1.5 ohm horizontal single macro coil on a mech mod.
From what I've always read; you're right on the Kayfun Sweet Spot with the 1.5ohm. I run my two Mini's at 1.3 and my KF4 @ 1.4. And I really like flavor and could careless about Clouds besides to stare at them. I vape at 10 watts SO I can relate to the Tootle Puffin:D

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh

Wonderful to have you back! :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
Just maybe there is too much Cotton or wicking material. Or the wick could rest in a better spot possibly. Like look in at the Build Deck with the Wick presently mounted; where are the juice inlets in relation to your cotton. Mind you merely suggestions. Good luck
Thanks. Pulled the deck and fiddled with the tails a bit. Turns out I think I somehow screwed myself up by taking the very bottom of the deck apart...didn't intend to. It's wicking like a champ now.

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
Thanks. Pulled the deck and fiddled with the tails a bit. Turns out I think I somehow screwed myself up by taking the very bottom of the deck apart...didn't intend to. It's wicking like a champ now.
Glad you were able to get it going. Enjoy & Your welcome:)

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
This thing is giving me fits. The flavor is so spectacular that the frustration is worth it. Re-wicked and not seeing bubbles. Seems to be vacuum locked. If I unscrew the drip tip assembly I get bubbles, vape a little, and all is good for a short time. Then I have to let a little more air in...feels like I'm using a dripper. I have watched Q's video many times. I can tell if I have too much wick, not enough, etc. I have tried to follow his tutorial to the T and get mixed results. I am sure it's something I am doing wrong. Any advice is appreciated.

My Kayfun Mini V3 seems much less temperamental. Several rewickings and I have not had a single issue. Thanks in advance and Happy Sunday.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
This thing is giving me fits. The flavor is so spectacular that the frustration is worth it. Re-wicked and not seeing bubbles. Seems to be vacuum locked. If I unscrew the drip tip assembly I get bubbles, vape a little, and all is good for a short time. Then I have to let a little more air in...feels like I'm using a dripper. I have watched Q's video many times. I can tell if I have too much wick, not enough, etc. I have tried to follow his tutorial to the T and get mixed results. I am sure it's something I am doing wrong. Any advice is appreciated.

My Kayfun Mini V3 seems much less temperamental. Several rewickings and I have not had a single issue. Thanks in advance and Happy Sunday.
Got a pic of your build?

Sun Valley

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2014
United States

This used to happen to me. I personally found that having the wick kind of tight in the coil (I'm not sure how to explain this, but when my cotton was loose enough to easily slide back and forth in the coil, I would get dry hits) helps. Also you don't want too much wick near the juice holes, too much will just impede wicking. Also make sure the juice control is 100% open.
82ab60ed210e7c65aab75e6439f9ff7e.jpg
100% open
ecfeeaed8ef8a246c0bab9ee4eaf519d.jpg
Not 100% open
I had my airflow screw interfere with the juice flow control. Something to check. Hope this helps.
8c4aae7604139f201ca20357c0bb89b4.jpg
I included this pic to show you the wicking. There's not very much near the juice holes.

Sent from my Geek Vape Griffin using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
This used to happen to me. I personally found that having the wick kind of tight in the coil (I'm not sure how to explain this, but when my cotton was loose enough to easily slide back and forth in the coil, I would get dry hits) helps.
100% agree. I've never experienced dry hits with the wick tight in the coil but I can produce dry hits if it is too loose. This is contrary to what most people say. But I have actually experimented with this to come up with my conclusion. I believe Diver has done the same experiment.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com

I would disassemble everything, give it a thorough soap-water bath, lube up the o-rings and fit it all back. The feed holes, chimney shaft, under the deck could have juice/gunk/soot traces to give you that trouble.

Sun Valley

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2014
United States
100% agree. I've never experienced dry hits with the wick tight in the coil but I can produce dry hits if it is too loose. This is contrary to what most people say. But I have actually experimented with this to come up with my conclusion. I believe Diver has done the same experiment.
Exactly. If you wick it loosely like a lot of people say to, it will dry hit every time.

Sent from my Geek Vape Griffin using Tapatalk

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
I would disassemble everything, give it a thorough soap-water bath, lube up the o-rings and fit it all back. The feed holes, chimney shaft, under the deck could have juice/gunk/soot traces to give you that trouble.
Thank you. I will do that.

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
Thank you @Sun Valley @qorax and others who responded with help. It is awesome how helpful this community is. I gave everything a good washing/soak and did see that the juice flow holes were a bit restricted. Everything is working as it should now. I guess I will need to start cleaning this on a somewhat regular basis. Not sure why but I do still get confused on juice flow open/closed directions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread