Svoemesto Kayfun V5

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoftSell

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2014
Saskatoon, SK
Thanks, unfortunately it's a PLEXI tank. Why on earth didn't they make a GLASS tank? I'll pass on this, hoping someone can make a glass short kit someday! :(

Well I bit the bullet for you and ordered it, I'll post my thoughts when I receive it. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered a metal or glass section in the future. Is there a particular reason you don't want to use plexi? tank crackers and threading?

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Well I bit the bullet for you and ordered it, I'll post my thoughts when I receive it. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered a metal or glass section in the future. Is there a particular reason you don't want to use plexi? Tank crackers and threading?

All those reasons, for that price should be glass.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Well I bit the bullet for you and ordered it, I'll post my thoughts when I receive it. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered a metal or glass section in the future. Is there a particular reason you don't want to use plexi? Tank crackers and threading?
any update? :)

Reactions: AstroTurf

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
Just received a Kayfun V5 today from Origin, and this is the best Kayfun experience I have had.

Little history hoping this helps someone. I had started out a couple years ago with the Kayfun Lite on my Provari 2.5. I am grateful to that device for teaching me the basics on how to build. Unfortunately I was not good at it. I was always getting dry hits and leaks, never got that full Kayfun flavor, and eventually gave up and sold it. I tried the Kayfun Lite Plus and a Russian 91 and just could not get it right. I live in NJ and there were maybe 5 shops in the state at the time, so I counted on Youtube to teach me. I built a nice coil, but my wicking was always wrong. I sold those both. One day a new shop opened up. When talking with owner I explained my constant problems, I discovered that using cotton balls for wicks from my local pharmacy was probably the biggest problem, and a horrible idea.

Then the Kayfun 4 released. When that came out I decided to try it again after reading the excellent reviews. I had gotten better with my builds, got better taste....THIS time I used Japanese cotton but I kept having leaking issues. I gave it a month, enjoyed the flavor, but it was a complicated device to use....once again I gave up and sold it.

Since then I got into dripping, I was determined to learn how to do this right. I really wanted to find that great flavor build. I posted on the forums for suggestions and finally a very patient vape shop guy walked me through doing it right. I learned my biggest problem was I was too thin on the cotton in the coil, while packing in a bit too much in the well. I can finally get incredible taste from my dripper. I drip at home and have been using my Provari Radius and Kabuki all day for MTL which I prefer.

The Kayfun V5 released and I waited a couple months this time. I ordered it Sunday Night after reading through this thread and watching enough reviews on Youtube. I received it today along with the MTL kit. I opened it up and cleaned everything up. I went to the store before I got home to pick up some VG to lubricate the two O Rings as suggested by Svoe Mesto website. I installed the largest piece from the MTL kit, built using 26 Gauge Kanthal 7 wraps on a 3mm bit. I am getting 1 ohm reading, popped it on my Radius and worked the wattage to 15 and using boost 3. I filled it with some Philip Rock Creme de la Creme, and this flavor is incredible. I am so happy I finally seem to have gotten this right. I am only 6 hours in mind you, and I think I will be keeping my Kabuki close as I test this out for a couple weeks to confirm no leaks or dry hits. I appreciate the size of the deck, building was simple. I also like the size of the tank for extra juice. The MTL kit allowed me to dial in the perfect draw. If this experience continues to go this great, this tank will be my new go to. This flavor is so good. I want to thank you guys for the terrific information throughout, it helped make up my mind.

SoftSell

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2014
Saskatoon, SK
any update? :)

c681702bbeddcf0f26fe2c0373de7fc0.jpg

It's here.
First thoughts:
- Makes the juice control nearly unusable, I'm not sure what you need in order to open and close this thing, the poly tank keeps unthreading. I have to apply so much force and grip to open the juice control, creating a really unpleasant experience. I lubed everything big time.
- the drip tip hole is massive, and flush with the top. Once you remove the tip, your coil is in plain site. If the juice control issue persists, this kit will make the Kayfun 5 my new favourite RDA with a wide bore tip.

Honestly, I am not too impressed. On one hand, refilling will be an almost unbearable pain due to the lack of juice control. On the other hand, it's pretty much a dope RDA kit, so I don't know what to say. I just keep looking at it with a crooked smile. I foresee myself using the original tank for on the go and road use, but at home I'm definitely going to use the Steam Tuners kit to drip.
Heh.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Update to my Steam Tuners flavour tank:
The major flaw it seemed to have was the juice control being almost unusable. Well, that seems to have solved itself. It can spin almost as freely as the original K5 tank, and makes this thing much more enjoyable.
2b6e314e62e41a475d29b9bafdc698c4.jpg
Now I want one and they're not available. Haha.

Wonder where/how to acquire a replacement tank for it, if that one ever cracks or anything.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
I wanted to throw an update to my post. I have never had this good an experience with the Kayfun. I don't know if it is because I have gotten a lot better with building, combined with a much better designed deck, but tap wood, I have not experienced any dry hits or leaks. The flavor has been amazing, and I have really played with this since I got it regarding a few rebuilds and different juices. I am a VERY happy customer right now.

Now I may have to consider shortening this thing up with one of these Steam Tuner tanks. I assume without reading through the entire thread, only available from Greece?

Edit: Just placed an order for the Steam Tuners Tower Tank plus a drip tip along with the Top Nut mini for my own tips.

Last edited:

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Why before 8/8? They're still for sale.

Because the supply for the Kayfuns is often scarce for U.S. based vendors, so I jumped on it at HHV when they got more in stock. It wasn't because I thought that they would be banned, but rather because I wanted to beat the rush of people stocking up on supplies after 8/8. In any case, HHV still has some in stock, so it didn't matter much. I don't regret getting another set, and I'll be getting at least one more set (for backup) in the coming months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread