The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Svoemesto Kayfun V5

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Sockeye404, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Hadrian21

Hadrian21 Full Member

Dec 3, 2016
    Romania
    Just found another problem to my K5. I had a bad leakage between drip tip and lips :)))
    Since I squeeze the lips on the tip and don't let air coming in around the tip the taste got 10 times stronger, the cotton doesn't darken so much, the K5 doesn't get as hot by chain-vaping and even the vape doesn't feel as hot anymore.
    I see that this was the nubbiest mistake registered in this forum - shame on me; but I think that many could make it without realising it, so I thought it is worth mentioning!
    It comes from my smoking period when air coming around the cigarette made the smoke feel lighter and fresher.
    It seems that by vaping this only brings doll taste and atomiser working out of parameters and making problems due to insufficient air on the coil!

Today I ordered also the squape x dream and sc deck too. When I get it I will let you know how it compares with the K5 with MTL kit

• Like Like x 1
  2. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    10W is my usual vape level. I go to 8W sometimes for a while when the coil and wick are new and continue until the coil and wick break in.

I can sense the extra airflow on the Kayfun 5 at the 1 dot setting, but it's not too open, IMO. I'll probably never go higher than the single dot setting for MTL.

Maybe the small hole tip from the original Kayfun tanks would cut the air flow down a bit. I usually remove them and pop on a free flow drip tip for my Kayfuns. I'm using the K4 drip tip on the K3.1. My V2's came with a drip tip with a larger hole.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hadrian21

Hadrian21 Full Member

Dec 3, 2016
    Romania
    just received today the squape x dream!
    After about half a day of vaping it I feel I will sell the k5.
    I wait for a week to see how it goes and also possible problems with it but so far it is in a different league in terms of taste, constant results (stability), liquid consumption, everything. Until now in half a day I haven't seen a feature where k5 is even a little bit better or at least the same as squape!
    Until now I tried only the optional SC deck with single coil identical build to what I have on k5 to be a fair comparison!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Hadrian21

Hadrian21 Full Member

Dec 3, 2016
    Romania
    MTL mid term comparison kayfun 5 with mtl kit with the squape x dream with sc deck both with 0,4 mm kanthal, 2,5 mm coil at 0,75 ohm and 20W on the mods - my personal experience and opinions:

Really hard to say which one is better! Experience is different at each one! I don't regret spending so much money for both of them!

General:
    - Both high quality finish and good materials except k5 packing.
    - The k5 is much quieter! The squape has the air hole directly to the coil so popping sound comes right out.
    - The K5 gets much hotter at chain-vaping - the chimney gets hot, it warms up the liquid and at the end the whole thing is hot. The squape x dream gets very hot on the air flow ring but the rest stays pretty cool
    - The squape gives a cooler vape on 2 air holes then k5 so warmer vape on k5. If you want warmer vape on squape you can set to 1 air hole instead of 2 - only with sc deck, and you get about as hot vape as k5.
    - Taste - after more liquids - the taste different is on each of them for the same liquid! Hard to say that one tastes better then the other! The squape gives the impression that it tastes better but actually you can smell better the out coming vapour. The taste has the same strength but with different nuances. The k5 gives a smoother fuller taste the squape gives an edging and more aggressive taste. Difference is like between an SUV and a sports car.

Juice to the coil - a big story
    - The vaping experience is much more constant at squape. It feeds constantly the perfect amount of juice to the coil. No flooding or dry hits if cool or hot.
    - The liquid control at k5 is a real struggle - either too much or too less. The juice gets hot and thinner because of the chimney, after continuous usage, and it starts to flood the coil. It gets cool after a pause you might get dry hit or doll taste. You have to constantly adjust it.
    - Even so, I cough very often from the squape; from k5 almost never! K5 had at me also a 2 months accommodation time while the squape 2 days
    - From time to time (not often) k5 spits a liquid drop in my mouth (usually when it gets hot). Squape x not so far!
    - When liquid gets low in the tank the k5 is more sensitive then squape and I must play even more with liquid control. Squape just goes constant until the tank is empty.
    - At my devices cotton holds about 2-3 times more vaping by squape compared to k5 until they get same colour.

Juice consumption
    - Because of the better feeding the squape seems a just a little better then k5 but I think it's premature to issue an oppinion about this.

Deck building:
    - coil attaching very easy at both! Maybe just a little easier at squape
    - cotton change is easier on K5 and also faster. On squape with sc deck you have to dismount the coil, arrange the deck with cotton, mount the coil back then put cotton trough the coil and arrange it.
    - cotton check with filled tank - better, faster and easier at squape. At k5 it also looses the pressure inside and when you mount it back on if it's not full it floods the coil. By half tank you have to open liquid controll gradually after a deck checking.
    - squape offers dual coil with the standard deck k5 not even as option
    - coil leg power loss and generally power loss is higher at k5. To get about same ohms I have an half turn more at the squape and resistance is still a little bit lower - about 0,02 ohm lower.
    - cotton setup is more forgiving at squape. Just put cotton in the deck and in the coil and it works. At k5 is more artwork to get it right!

Air:
    - k5 with the largest mtl pin has a decent tight draw for mtl. Tight enough for me - almost too tight; and on 1 hole without mtl pin I feel it too loose
    - at squape you have continuous air flow adjustment but if you set it as tight as by k5 with the pin the ring gets quite hot so the tendency is to let it more airy but the much smaller and tighter drip tip of the squape make the more airy adjustment pleasurable.

Leacking:
    - with the correct cotton setting and well lubed o-rings seems that none leaks or sweats. Had 2-3 occasions where I have seen 2-3 liquid drops around AFC ring by squape but at the beginning I have seen a lot by k5 too so I think that soon I solve this as I did by k5.
    - Haven't tried to cary any of them in my pocket with open liquid control any more after my k5 flooded my jacket when I had the o-ring problems.

Operation:
    - everything is quicker at squape - liquid open, access to deck, closing liquid to put in the pocket.
    - with good lubing both operate very smooth and precise. Haven't had any blockage with any of them!
    - Squape closes simultaneously air flow and liquid so when you are with your mid somewhere else there is no risk to vape with liquid off (to smoke cotton) while by k5 there is

Clouds:
    Same at same setup

Customer support
    - Stattqualm: online support very nice and helpful for every question
    - Svoemesto: no online support, doesn't answer to e-mails, zero support! Pray you don't have a problem!!! - big disappointment, especially as I know german language and wrote them directly in they'r own language. Sent e-mail 10 days ago and reminder and no answer. I got the receiving mail confirmation but no answer. - UPDATE - JUST RECEIVED AN ANSWER

Prices and accessories:
    - Squape x more expensive and all accessories very expensive. Limited range of accessories but they have 2 decks for single and for dual coil
    - k5 has the mtl kit on the other hand which makes the AFC quite useless but sets the airflow just right
    - k5 spare parts are easier to find on stock locally if something goes wrong
    - squape is 100 times better packed then k5. As many others I received my k5 with broken glass tank. Squape has a hard box that protects it very well. K5 has 2 chinese-like thin carton boxes - one with k5 with the SS tank and one with a broken glass tank! Maybe if it came with the glass tank mounted it wouldn't arrive broken as often! The SS k5 tank is pretty much useless because you can't see the juice level and to open top cap to look with a flashlight for liquid level is ...., so you end up buying a new glass tank as me - which brings the k5 purchasing price closer to squape price.

Conclusion:
    - hate the squape for making me cough so much - SOLVED - air set to only 1 air hole trough the deck, and fully open; not directly to the coil. The end of the air hole from SC deck has just a small round hole at the end so it is just right for MTL. It also becomes much quieter! No more coughing.
    - hate the k5 for spitting in my mouth from time to time and when this happens during a pop its really annoying
    - at this price level Svoemesto could afford a better packing and a little bit of customer support.
    - still love them both
    - still feel to use both and sometimes at the same time
    - k5 goes well during movies or in the bed, squape goes better while drinking - coffee, beer, etc
    - you shouldn't get both because you will vape double as much just trying to see which is the best!

I hope I covered all aspects!

• Like Like x 6
  5. TheotherSteveS

TheotherSteveS Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    Birmingham, England

one is a full wrap and the other a half wrap right! Thats presumably the difference. Also , 0.02 Ω? what wire are you using? For 28g Kanthal, 1 Ω vs 1.02 is a 1.2mm difference in a 57mm length of wire...?!?! Obviously more for a TC wire. Nice summary anyway!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. newyork13

newyork13 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    @Hadrian21 That was a very nice and thorough description of your experience with the two tanks.
    I am curious about the "cuff" you talked about.
    I'm guessing you meant "cough" right?
    And if so, why should one tank with basically the same build cause a cough, but not another?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hadrian21

Hadrian21 Full Member

Dec 3, 2016
    Romania
    cough! loll! Sorry for my english!
    I had same coughing with k5 before installing mtl pin. The vape was tickeling my neck. Now I see I don't have this problem with squape any more since I have set it to 1 side air inlet instead of 2 and this trough the sc deck not directly to the coil.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hadrian21

Hadrian21 Full Member

Dec 3, 2016
    Romania
    squape has 7 wraps - both connections on the same side, k5 has 6,5 wraps - connections are in opposite direction. Theoretically 7 wraps should have more ohms then 6,5 with the same wire but it doesn't so this difference I presume it comes as resistance of other components.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheotherSteveS

TheotherSteveS Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    Birmingham, England
    thought it was the other way around! Static resistance of the atties is almost certainly different. I guess that's it!

• Like Like x 2
  10. newyork13

newyork13 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Don't be sorry for your English. It's always impressive how well others speak or write our language, versus our very poor abilities with other languages.

But, I'm still quite curious about the coughing, because I've had similar experiences. Though I can't pinpoint it to specific mods or tanks or even juices.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Hadrian21

Hadrian21 Full Member

Dec 3, 2016
    Romania
    From what I have experienced so far with my 2 toys regarding coughing at MTL (at DL possibly to be different) - when the airflow is too open and I regulate vaping drag with my mouth I get a mosquito in my neck.
    Can't explain why - it's just an observation!
    Also what I observed is that regulating with afc ring the tightness of your draw doesn't help. The hole below the coil must be tighter so I won't cough.
    example:
    k5 with 1 dot air setting - coughing, with MTL pin and 4 dots setting (wide open) - no coughing
    squape with tight 2 sides inlet - coughing, wide open only 1 hole trough the sc deck (sc deck has a small hole that brings the air directly to the coil) - no coughing
    Other friends:
    serpent mini standard - coughing
    they installed a reduction similar to MTL pin of k5, directly under the coil - no coughing

• Like Like x 2
  12. JRFII

JRFII Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2016
    Thanks everyone who wrote about leaky K5's! Both of mine started doing this a week or so ago after months of great service. I found one damaged o-ring for JC and replaced, kept leaking and was driving me crazy!
    Re-ring both 2 days ago and the madness has ceased. The K5 & Mini V3 are my daily atty's and they get a lot of use.
    I just wish I would have figured this out prior to a leak killing my Provari Radius. I shipped it back two days ago to be repaired.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hadrian21

Hadrian21 Full Member

Dec 3, 2016
    Romania
    thanks for sharing that provari was killed by a little leaking. Almost bought one! I will stick to my eleaf mods for the moment - pico and aster. Lot of juice on them several times and no troubles. Pico looks really bad now but works like a charm even on tc. By pico's battery cap I can already see the copper. Aster is just perfect.
    BTW - just installed a day ago a 28 ga titanium spaced coil 0,64 ohm on k5 and use it with pico on tc at 180 deg - for mtl it works just perfect. Totally recommend it. Airflow with mtl pin is just right to cool down the thin wire and tc doesn't let it kook the juice or dry hits. I never had such perfectly white cotton after one vaped tank!
    Taste is also much better then on wattage with kanthal!

• Like Like x 2
  14. AstroTurf

AstroTurf Happy to be... Not Smoking!!! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hard to believe...

Got pix?!?

Thanks, Jim

• Like Like x 2
  15. AstroTurf

AstroTurf Happy to be... Not Smoking!!! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Too Funny...

• Like Like x 2
  16. raqball

raqball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    Agree! I am using a v5 on my Radius and while I've not had any leakage from it, I did get a TON of juice that leaked out from my Taifun and the Radius rocked on after a quick wipe down.

The Radius is sealed up pretty good so maybe he got one that snuck through the cracks at Provape?

Back to the v5... I don't have any leakage issues on mine at all. I get some minor condensation but I get that from every RTA or RDA I've ever used... I get much more condensation insode my Billet Box than I get from the Kayfun v5...

• Like Like x 2
  17. magicmyst

magicmyst Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Need suggestions - One of my K5s won't fire!

Was doing a routine re-wicking, cleaned the coil and it wouldn't fire. Checked for a short- nope. Thought maybe coil was bad. Built a new one- same result: no connection to my ProVari. Loosened the center pin (which I've never had to do before)- no power. Tried it on a couple other ProVaris with same result. Never ever had this happen before, and I'm out of ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Sounds like your pos pin has ground down too much to make connection on both sides. I can't get my own 5 out now but can you take a pos pin from one of your other 5s and put it in the dodgy atomiser? That way you can rule out/find out if that is your problem.

• Like Like x 1
  19. magicmyst

May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Will try that and let you know.

• Like Like x 1
  20. magicmyst

May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Thank you, @Zutankhamun Swapped pin from another K5 and it fired fine. Weird: Put original pin back in, and now it works. I had tried taking the pin out and replacing previously with no luck. ‍♂️

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.