sweet flavors and weight loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwistedInFresno

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2011
Fresno, CA
I'm not sure where to post this type of question, and would appreciate feedback on that...
I'm waiting on a whole bunch of samples to arrive which include a lot of sweets. I'm a fat woman, and i'm wondering if, when i get a sweet tooth, if firing up something like 'snickerdoodle' will be more likely to satisfy me...or whether i'll be more likely to open up that pack of real cookies? What have your experiences been?:?::pop:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I think so - I used to sip sweetened tea constantly and now I often forget to sip when I am vaping - a whole cup will get cold or sometimes I forget to even get tea. Just don't over-nic yourself. If you plan to vape extra to replace snacking consider getting some lower nic of your faves.

Cartomizers are nice for flavors - I alternate dark dark chocolate tobacco (I can't even taste tobacco in it - it's V4L's WOWbacco juice) and Backwoods Brew Vanilla. And I have a Peach Melba carto with me too.

junquedujour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
southwest misery
i too seem to have lost some pounds since starting to vape. it's still only been a couple months for me, but i find myself wanting to vape rather than chew :) and i don't even care what flavor the juice is.

dormouse is soSoSO right about getting some very low nic juice though - or maybe even some 0 nic. i wish i had known that before my first juice order - but since then, i have ordered mostly low nic juices.

DawnOfTheDez

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
California
I'm not sure where to post this type of question, and would appreciate feedback on that...
I'm waiting on a whole bunch of samples to arrive which include a lot of sweets. I'm a fat woman, and i'm wondering if, when i get a sweet tooth, if firing up something like 'snickerdoodle' will be more likely to satisfy me...or whether i'll be more likely to open up that pack of real cookies? What have your experiences been?:?::pop:

For me it depends on what kind of munchies I have. *wink* Normal sweet tooth munchies are curbed slightly with sweet flavors for me. :) DIYFLAVORSHACK.COM has the best sweet flavors. Cinnamon Roll, Cotton Candy, Tiger's Blood, etc etc etc....

BTW - welcome, fellow Fresnan. My fiance and I are both vapers from Fresno/Clovis. =) Feel free to PM anytime! Would like to get a Cen Cal Vapers Meetup going this year maybe....

Best,
Dez

cleolove

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2011
♥ Minnesota ♥
Oh yes, I have been thinking of this too .. I have a candy dish on my desk because I have an awful sweet tooth, and I usually refill it weekly, but I still have the same tootsie rolls in it that I bought a month ago. I honestly can't remember the last time I had a piece of candy since I starting vaping my sweets. It's great too 'cuz I am allergic to chocolate (yeah, sometimes I eat it anyway and deal with the hives) and nuts .. I can get both in vaping with no side effects.

Also, vaping helps me drink a lot of water and that helps with weight loss .. so it's win/win.

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
Well, I've just started Atkins (again)... looking to drop 60 pounds by July 4th. The last time I tried Atkins (about 8 years ago), I lost 30lbs in the first month, and another 15 over the second... but then I went back to my old habits, and eventually.... well, here I am even heavier than before. So 60lbs in 3 months isn't an unreasonable expectation.

Anyway, I'm stuffing myself (like last time) with the allowed low-carbohydrate foods... so I'm not exactly *hungry*... but I find myself missing sweeter flavors in my food. Man, does this mango vape go well after a triple cheeseburger (no bun)! I won't lie and say I'm not thinking about Cinnamon Buns, Mangoes, Popcorn, Waffles, etc., at all... but being able to vape them sure takes a little of the edge off.

labgramma

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Denver, CO
www.ccrengines.com
The sweet flavors do it for me too. I've found I don't like any of the so-called tobacco flavors, and chocolate flavors just don't taste like chocolate. (Believe me...I'm the original chocoholic! I could eat chocolate every day.) I rarely touch the bowl of M&Ms we have on the coffee table any more.

Irish cream is my favorite evening vape. Cappucino, caramel, butterscotch and my new fave, gingerbread cookie, all from FSUSA. I did NOT care for the Chocolate Cherry I got recently. (Anyone wanna buy 10ML, cheap? :D )

I don't know if I've lost any weight, I rarely weigh myself. But I figure a calorie saved is a calorie lost, right? ;)

TwistedInFresno

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2011
Fresno, CA
That's interesting...I'm deathly allergic to bananas...and have found that artificially banana flavored stuff, like gum, still causes a severe allergic reaction. I'm told they use banana oil even in artificial banana flavoring. I think I'm too chicken to try banana juice...8-o

How does vaping help you drink lots of water?:confused:

Oh yes, I have been thinking of this too .. I have a candy dish on my desk because I have an awful sweet tooth, and I usually refill it weekly, but I still have the same tootsie rolls in it that I bought a month ago. I honestly can't remember the last time I had a piece of candy since I starting vaping my sweets. It's great too 'cuz I am allergic to chocolate (yeah, sometimes I eat it anyway and deal with the hives) and nuts .. I can get both in vaping with no side effects.

Also, vaping helps me drink a lot of water and that helps with weight loss .. so it's win/win.

cleolove

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2011
♥ Minnesota ♥
That's interesting...I'm deathly allergic to bananas...and have found that artificially banana flavored stuff, like gum, still causes a severe allergic reaction. I'm told they use banana oil even in artificial banana flavoring. I think I'm too chicken to try banana juice...8-o

How does vaping help you drink lots of water?:confused:

the PG dries me out something awful so I have to drink more water or I will dry up and blow away. My first few days vaping, my throat was so dry and sore I was forced to drink more, so now I keep a 32oz bottle of water at hand at all times.

Yeah, if you have a bad reaction to artifical banana too, I wouldn't risk it. Caution should be used when vaping things that you are allergic to ... have an epi pen near by if the allergic reaction is a serious one. I dug out my epi pen before I tried the nuts.

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio

I'm losing weight!
I've been enjoying vanilla custard from Juicy Vapor.
I've got some banana nut bread from Blue Mist. The PG is pretty harsh but it does taste like banana nut bread.

Rumor has it that MS'Ts is the only decent chocolate. I'm still waiting on my order from her.
I've found all the chocolate I've tried so far pretty disappointing.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread