Sweet NEW Passthru(Vaprlife VP passthru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
Up until now, the Puresmoker USB Pass was the ONLY passthru I would recommend(don't even start talking about the cheap chinese models). HOWEVER, I ran across a NEW available passthru that gives the USBPass a true run for it's money.
I'm speaking of the Vaprlife VP Passthru(available from dietsmokes.com or vaportalkstore.com). Click here:
YouTube - VP Passthrough Preview - Just for Fun
or here:
YouTube - VP PASS THRU

This is a true 5V(and however many amps you can feed it) USB passthru. I bought it for the looks(it does look cool)mainly because I haven't purchased anything with an LED in a long time. It comes with optional blue or green LED(which will remind one of a VP1 or VP2).

The construction is Solid(click here):
YouTube - VP Ecig Passthrough Durability Test Over 2657LBS! - Vapor Talk

It works fantastically(I cannot tell the difference between it and the Puresmoker USBPass), looks sweet, made in the USA, comes standard 801 (with one free optional brass 510 or 901/808b adapter), comes with a fairly sweet art deco clear plastic stand(which also holds one 10ml eliquid bottle and an additional brass adapter). Best of all, if you DO NOT yet own a high power USB adapter(1.5 amp or above), the kit comes with a wall plug 5V, 2amp female USB adapter(so you're set from the jump). I gotta give thumbs way up to this. I bought it on a lark and am more then impressed. It's seems odd to me that relatively few people seem to even know this passthru exists?

Last edited:

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
I've been eyeballing this ... Very interested. One question, though. How long is the cord ??

5 feet, which is a perfect length, the Puresmoker USBPass(1st edition) I have has a 6 foot cord which is nice , but a bit too long for my taste. Also the VPRlife VP pasthru's cord is a slightly thinner guage(although still plenty thick) then the Puresmoker one, so it's not as stiff an unweilding.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
Excellent. Thanks. I am getting ever closer to a purchase.

It really is worth it, believe me I was suprised myself at how well it performs. I bought it , basically, out of curiosity, and I liked the way it looked. It's now replaced My Puresmoker as my primary home passthru. The Puresmoker is now at work(which is good so I don't have to carry it back and forth everyday.)

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
Sure looks ugly. Talk about tacky. I'd be embarrassed if anyone seen me using it.

Actually, the MAIN reason It caught my eye was the look. It's been SO long since I bought something(a mod) that had an LED in it. It's not your typical, no frills, black or aluminum, mod. It has an art deco quality that makes it unique among the available direct connect 5V passthru's. I thought it would just be an exotic looking conversation starter, but performance-wise, it REALLY rocks. But , your right ,the look may not be for everybody. I wouldn't consider it MY look either, but I was getting a bit bored with the plain black/aluminum/SS passthru's.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
As the OP, I was really lovin this PT, but I may have changed my mind. Last night, for no discernible reason, the switch on this thing shorted out in the closed(ON) position. Before I realized what was going on, it blew my 510 atty, partially melted my cart and caused hot liquid to drip down onto my hand. Now I have a PT with a switch that is permanently shorted in the ON position. If I wanted to Vape I would have to screw and unscrew an atty in between vapes(ridiculously annoying and dangerous). This thing was advertised to have an internal resettable fuse, which , you would think, would prevent situations like this.

Adding insult to injury, the warranty on this is only 90 days. So now, if I wanted to get this fixed I'd have to pay about $35(almost 50% what I initially paid for this ) and pay to ship to Vaprlife to get it fixed. Who knows how long this process would take??? Remember, I just got this a little less then 5 months ago. So I paid $80 plus shipping for less then 5 months of useable vaping time.

I emailed Jeso at Vaprlife and opened a ticket at VaportalkStore. Hopefully, they will be accomodating and understanding.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
Both Chris at Vaportalkstore and Jeso at Vaprlife have hung me out to dry. $40+ altogether(with shipping to and from Vaprlife) for a repair, no alternative. Doesn't matter, apparently if it's one day after warranty. I'll be going a different route. Also, I withdraw my approval for this product. At least in my case, unreliable and dangerous switch which just so happens to edge out the warranty.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
As the OP, I was really lovin this PT, but I may have changed my mind. Last night, for no discernible reason, the switch on this thing shorted out in the closed(ON) position. Before I realized what was going on, it blew my 510 atty, partially melted my cart and caused hot liquid to drip down onto my hand. Now I have a PT with a switch that is permanently shorted in the ON position..

Adding insult to injury, the warranty on this is only 90 days. So now, if I wanted to get this fixed I'd have to pay about $35(almost 50% what I initially paid for this ) and pay to ship to Vaprlife to get it fixed. Who knows how long this process would take??? Remember, I just got this a little less then 5 months ago. So I paid $80 plus shipping for less then 5 months of useable vaping time.

I emailed Jeso at Vaprlife and opened a ticket at VaportalkStore. Hopefully, they will be accomodating and understanding.
Does this look like the switch?

thumbnail.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread