sweet spot vapors ti-x

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmc1980

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2011
massachusetts
can anyone help me find information with how to build coils using sweet spot vapors ti-x wire? i have looked online for how to build with this wire but I cannot find any help. I need some help building a dual coil at .4 ohms for a dual series mod. can anyone help me out with building .4 ohms dual coils using this wire? thanks

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Titanium wire is actually probably not the best thing to use for your first coils, as when dry burned or overheated, my understanding is that it gives off nasty byproducts when this happens. You really can ONLY use it in TC mode, and you have to be careful with it. With that said, if you want to go ahead anyway, I'd recommend taking a look at steam-engine.org to figure out what kind of coil you need to build and what resistance it needs to be. You'll need to input things like diameter of the coil you are choosing, select the right type of wire (wire type and also wire gauge) length of wire from the coil to each leg (you add them together).

I personally found a coil master kit very helpful for getting started, it will have most of what you need (including a small amount of cotton, and kanthal wire) as well as an ohms meter to test fire the coil on, which you'll need to pulse with TI wire, honestly, I think.

The Coilbuilding section of the forum would likely be of use to you, but if you are not planning to use your coil in TC mode, then I'd advise against using it. SS can be used in both wattage and TC mode, and it's much easier to work with, IMO.

Good luck, I'm sure that more folks will chime in as well.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Don29palms

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
can anyone help me find information with how to build coils using sweet spot vapors ti-x wire? i have looked online for how to build with this wire but I cannot find any help. I need some help building a dual coil at .4 ohms for a dual series mod. can anyone help me out with building .4 ohms dual coils using this wire? thanks
the best thing for SSV Grade2 Ti wire is to not buy it and just get some regular Grade1 Ti wire which is half the price. It's all marketing pseudoscience BS. Don't feel bad. Phil Busardo fell for it.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
the best thing for SSV Grade2 Ti wire is to not buy it and just get some regular Grade1 Ti wire which is half the price. It's all marketing pseudoscience BS. Don't feel bad. Phil Busardo fell for it.
No matter what the masses think im convinced busardo is half ...... :lol:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
No matter what the masses think im convinced busardo is half ...... :lol:
Phil is great but he really fell for this one hook, line, sinker, rod...whole nine yards. To be honest, I was a great advocate of Ti (and an anti-SSV zealot) early days but it has been overtaken now by NiFe alloys and SS imho..

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Okay, so you are either looking at a product that you will have to blaze into the unknown with.... :)

Or you are looking at a product that didn't work so catastrophically that unfortunately, all knowledge of it has vanished/been non-existent.

Honestly unless you paid a lot of money for the stuff, and given the possibility of door number two, I might not use it.

Or, if you enjoy blazing into the great unknown, just start playing with it and see what happens.

Either way, best of luck. But if even the manufacturer is apathetic about getting back to you? Hmm.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Don29palms

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Just build a coil and test the resistance then? Keep that up until you get to where you want to be? I mean, yes, preferably you could use steam-engine to evaluate how many wraps and what diameter you need, but there is nothing wrong with building coils and test firing them on the ohms reader and getting a resistance that way. Yep, you'll waste some wire, possibly. But that seems to me the only way to proceed, honestly, since you have NO information.

Because otherwise you'll have wasted all of it, which to me is not a catastrophic event, but if you really want to try it, just wrap a build! Go from there! It may be fun!

Good luck,

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Stoneface

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
A simple google search yield this!

From the manufacturer :

Ti-X is a "hybrid" Titanium alloy (91% Titanium) resistance wire. Ti-X does NOT appreciably climb in resistance, with heat. This mimics the performance characteristics of a "traditional" Kanthal or NiCr heating element. Ti-X still contains NO Nickel, Chromium and minimal Iron content. Ti-X is tailored specifically for VV/VW and mechanical mods.

PLEASE NOTE Ti-X IS NOT A WIRE FOR USE WITH TEMPERATURE CONTROL OR TEMPERATURE PROTECTED DEVICES. IF YOU REQUIRE OR DESIRE A TEMP CONTROL COMPATIBLE WIRE, PLEASE SEE OUR Ti-WIRE LINE-UP.

The X stands for "extreme". We recognize a market for "cloud chasing" and more traditional wire characteristics. Ti-X can be approached (build wise) like Kanthal A-1 or NiCr resistance wires. The total heat output is dependent on power applied, since the resistance is relatively fixed across the elements heating "window".

Ti-X is produced with our same attention to detail, and undergoes our multi-stage vacuum annealing process, as well as our Ultra-Sonic / Steam cleaning method. Ti-X is a VERY "stiff/springy" material. This aids in it's durability, and ability to hold shape over extreme heats and durations of time. We highly recommend using a "coil jig" to wind/form Ti-X.

As with our Ti-Wire (pure Titanium wires), we DO NOT recommend dry burning/firing Ti-X for extended durations of time. Ti-X is still VERY fast (compared to Kanthal A-1) and will exceed it's maximum temperature (and fail) in a prolonged "dry fire" situation. As with our Ti-Wire product line, Ti-X will not form any oxides or deposits (at vaping temperatures) and does not require high heat to clean (just scrub under warm water, as with our Ti-Wire).

10 feet / 3 meter of 0.6mm Ti X and real Muji, Japanese cotton (unbleached, peroxide free, organic).
0.6mm Ti-X is approximately 1.8 ohms per foot, at 27 deg C.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Okay, so you are either looking at a product that you will have to blaze into the unknown with.... :)

Or you are looking at a product that didn't work so catastrophically that unfortunately, all knowledge of it has vanished/been non-existent.

Honestly unless you paid a lot of money for the stuff, and given the possibility of door number two, I might not use it.

Or, if you enjoy blazing into the great unknown, just start playing with it and see what happens.

Either way, best of luck. But if even the manufacturer is apathetic about getting back to you? Hmm.

Anna

I wish I could speak as eloquent. I'm more of a bull in the china shop. LOL,!

jmc1980

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2011
massachusetts
since it is 1.8 ohms per foot does anyone know how long two pieces should be for getting dual coils closed to .45 ohms. Does some simple math mean that I should cut a foot long piece into 2 pieces with each piece being .9 ohms. then a dual coil with 2 .9 ohm 6 inch coils for a .45 ohm build. I'm wrapping it on a 3mm coil jig. thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread