sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranmanver

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
texas
I tried posting in the diy liquid category, guess i am too new...lol What I wanted to know was what I could add to my e-liquid to give it a hint of sweet aftertaste.I vaped one brand that had what was for me the right amount of sweetness. My comp is acting up(darn kids and downloaded music and I-pod apps..lol) so i didn't have time to read through all the posts in diy forum. Any help,suggestions, or a link to which post would be most helpful would be grealt appreciated.BTW, most of my flavors are tobacco.

Cielo

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Florida

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Some use ethyl maltol to sweeten. Its cotton candy flavor. IMO, besides VG, it is the only safe sweetener out there for juices. Some have used sucralose, but I am not interested in having chlorocarbons enter my system without the gut liver metabolism step. Don't use aspartame...it will break down with the heat into toxic decomp products. And sugar of course will not vape well and gum up attys.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
cotton candy flavoring.. there is also ppl trying this plant sweetener i think silvia

It's stevia. And not recommended. The compounds in it are very large polysaccarides, and they seem to break down into very nasty tasting stuff in the heat of the atty. Even if they didn't break down and taste bad, the large compounds will not vape well at all, and will gum up the atty...and maybe the lungs. I know of no reports of juices with it tasting good at all.

MY VG juices are plenty sweet for me, but if I wanted sweeter, I would try ethyl maltol first, or cotton candy flavor. Caramel flavoring adds some sweetness. Also, while I don't do this anymore, thinning with PGA can add a little alcohol sweetness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread