sweetness on lips & dry mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

capnbang

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Alabama
Been vaping for three years and only had one bad side effect that came on me about a year ago. Broke out in hives that itched like crazy. I switched pg/vg ratios around,tried different brands of juice and nothing stopped it. I kept vaping on and it finally stopped about a month and a half after it started and hasn't returned yet. My pg/vg ratios are anywhere from 70pg/30vg to 50/50.

Only thing is now there is always a sweet taste on my lips that pretty much stays there and they chap often.

Also here lately every night at bed time my throat and mouth are very dry to the point to where its hard to fall asleep.
When I do fall asleep I wake up often during the night extremely dried out. I know all about staying hydrated and drink
lots of water through out the day and night. I mixed up some 80vg/20pg yesterday and it didn't help much.

If anyone has any ideas I'm open to suggestions. I really don't wanna have to quit vaping at this time. I used to smoke two packs a day of Marl. reds and quit the day I started vaping.

Requiem33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Inwood, WV
sweetness could be residue of the juice. I notice the sweetness a bit with some of the sweeter juices I vape. The dry mouth could be regional weather (humidity) vaping more, dehydration, not enough beer.... This time of year I always get chapped lips and really really dry/cracked hands from the cold.

Do you drink while vaping? I notice that if I vape a lot my mouth can get dry so I always have something to drink while vaping... currently a beer ;)

capnbang

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Alabama
Yea I'm startn to think that humidity may be the culprit on the dry mouth.Its pretty humid down here in the summer and this only started a couple months ago. I may try a humidifier and see what happens. As for the sweetness on the lips all the time I know its residue from the vapor but if it stays on the lips like it does then it prolly stays in the throat and maybe lungs to. I've been vaping unflavored since last nite and the sweetness is still on my lips.In the shower I scrub the heck out of'em and its still there. I made some 80pg/20vg and some
80vg/20pg unflavored. Been mainly using the 80vg thinking it may not dry the throat out so much. I vape about 3 to 4ml a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread