Swindled by Ejuice sales tactic: a bottle of juice IS NOT equivalent to a carton of smokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Prall

Verified Member
So i started vaping in early december so im still a noob. Obvisouly not as noob, but whatever. I noticed yesterday when i went into the vapor store, people inquiring or making their first e cig purchase. The trend just caught on here in the last 6 months,(can you believe it? ) Anyway, i overheard the sales girl telling this lady that a 10ml bottle of juice was equal to a carton. Basically she was misleading the woman away from spending almost 60 dollars, to 7.50. The lady was shocked, but excited about that. I call BS. The sales team at the store told me that too, fortunately for them it didnt really matter how long (or short) it takes me to blow through a 10ml bottle. I hate that store, but its the only one here.

Last edited:

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
It all depends on what your using and how you vape. My wife was a pack a day smoker so a carton would last her a little over a week. A 30ml bottle will last her a about 30 days she only really vapes in the car on the way to work (cant use her's at work) and home so 10 minutes total there and some puffs here and there during the night. she uses a vivi nova at 2.4ohm at 5 watts on a vamo.

I however puffed a way a whole 10ml's today but accidently grabbed a bottle I mixed for her and 4mg doesn't cut it for me when i normally hit around the 5ml mark per day at 12mg I pretty much where ever even work but can't puff on the way to and from, as I ride a motorcycle. I drip on a trident clone between .8-1ohm so I'm pushing any where between 12 and 22 watts depending on configuration and battery life left.

Hell, I'm not sure I know what I'm talking about here, but...

I started using an eGo style PV about 3 weeks ago. When I made my initial purchase, I got a 30ml bottle of juice. Still have about 1/2 of that bottle left. While puffing away on that, I searched for other flavors, and made a few purchases. One of those was a 15ml. bottle of juice. That one is all but empty. Still searching, and purchasing, got some more flavors, and have yet to empty any more than that one bottle.

A guesstimate on the number of milliliters I've consumed (no smoking since, other than 3 cigs and only lit them to put them right back out), maybe somewhere between 60 to 75ml. I used to smoke slightly more than a carton a week. My use of the PV has been at least as much as I used to smoke. So, that would be about 3 cartons from the 60 to 75ml. to roughly 25ml. for a carton, maybe?

Of course, the above is off the top-of-my-head, and could be way off, but it's just a thought on what might be a rough estimate on ml. to carton comparison...

Be Well!
Dave

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
There's too many variables in vaping to make any sort of general equivalency. The uptake of nicotine is a completely different mechanism of action, and we are not even sure how much nicotine is absorbed with vaping, though we have estimates. Even so, people often vape different than they smoked, some vape more, some vape less than they smoked, so even thinking about an equivalency for others to relate to is just not possible. I vape about 8 - 10 mils per day, and have gone from 36 mg/ml the first two weeks, to 6 mg/ml today. Also, the topper we use affects how much our mg/ml is. RBA type devices, drippers or tanks, hit harder than clearos and often cause us to reduce our nic level in our juices, so how can you even begin to factor all these different variables into something for a new vaper? You simply can't do it. Good luck in your VapeQuest! VapeStrong.

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
The misconception really started with the amount of nic in a cig versus the amount of nic in juice. I know the average for a cig is about 1mg each and was something like less then 1mg was actually inhaled per cig for a person. People then took that number and compared it wrong by saying well 24mg juice will have 240mg in a 10ml bottle. You figure with that wrong logic there would be ~200mg of nic in a carton(again depending on the smoker). So with misinformation those people are correct its about a carton but not in terms of time between needing more but in terms of total nicotine across the time of usage.

The other issue is that nicotine is lost during the heating process and there hasn't been any successful way yet to truly determine exactly how much nic we do consume daily based on the starting mg level.

It's really hard to make a comparison between the two!

I used to guzzle down 2 cartons a week (you, in the peanut gallery, be quiet).

I now guzzle down about 70 ml per week. So in my case, 35 ml = 1 carton or so.

But if you ask a dozen vapers, you're going to get a dozen different answers. I suppose the sensible thing would be to throw out the low and high numbers and take the average of the rest. :)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
There's too many variables in vaping to make any sort of general equivalency. The uptake of nicotine is a completely different mechanism of action, and we are not even sure how much nicotine is absorbed with vaping, though we have estimates. Even so, people often vape different than they smoked, some vape more, some vape less than they smoked, so even thinking about an equivalency for others to relate to is just not possible. I vape about 8 - 10 mils per day, and have gone from 36 mg/ml the first two weeks, to 6 mg/ml today. Also, the topper we use affects how much our mg/ml is. RBA type devices, drippers or tanks, hit harder than clearos and often cause us to reduce our nic level in our juices, so how can you even begin to factor all these different variables into something for a new vaper? You simply can't do it. Good luck in your VapeQuest! VapeStrong.

Yup!

Dear OP, read this and weep.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ation/263072-carto-equal-pack-cigarettes.html

And then just stop thinking in cartons and start thinking in milliliters of eliquid. Most people vape 2-5 ml a day, some as much as 10 ml.

Good luck!

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Well look at it this way. THe average cig gives you 10-15 puffs at 2-3 secs/puff (filtered either short or 100). Thats about 200-300 puffs/pack. 1 ml of juice will net about 300 puffs on a std res clero or carto on an ego or 510 batt at 2-3 secs/puff so 1 ml is about equal to one pack of smokes. IN that comparison the sales gimmicks are right.

Now we all know, once you step into low res or multi coils you are going to use up a lot more juice/puff. I've seen some cloud chasers burn through .5ml in just one hit where your average smoker convert may burn through 3 drops at most in one hit.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Well look at it this way. THe average cig gives you 10-15 puffs at 2-3 secs/puff (filtered either short or 100). Thats about 200-300 puffs/pack. 1 ml of juice will net about 300 puffs on a std res clero or carto on an ego or 510 batt at 2-3 secs/puff so 1 ml is about equal to one pack of smokes.

Actually, in my experience (yes, I counted :D), standard cartomizer contains about 1 ml of eliquid--or 20-25 drops. One drop of eliquid will give you 4-6 puffs, depending on the size of your drops and wattage. The best case scenario: 25 (drops) x 6 (puffs)= 150 puffs. Worst case scenario: 20 (drops) x 4 (puffs) = 80 puffs.

There is no way (for me and the way I vape) to get 300 puffs from 1 ml of eliquid.

C4M3120N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Jacksonville, FL USA
30ml lasts me about 10 days, I use bottom dual coils though... Results may vary from user to user and how hard of a puff they may take. I don't think 10ml could ever come close to matching a cartons worth no matter what setup you are using.

I also think the puff count on the disposable e cigarettes is a joke too. Some say 400-500 puffs. I've tried three different brands and was lucky to get to a 100. That's how I found this site, looking for better alternatives.

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
If you are using and ego-c orEgo twist, with a evod, pro tank or nova clearomizer. I equate it to roughly 1 ml a day so a 10 ml bottle should last the average person 10 days. Now once you start getting better gear and bigger vapes that juice goes down much quicker.

1ml/day is a great starting point for a noob with weak gear, but it can easily go up much higher then that as they get experienced and try better stuff.

ericbnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Piedmont Triad, NC
The store's supplier rep probably told them that information and they are passing it along - right or wrong. I doubt they are lying just to lie. In the bigger picture, equating for the new customer (and vaper) the unknown of vaping with something understandable - cigarette consumption - makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread