The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Switch from regulated to mech

Discussion in 'Cloud Chasers' started by Bdubd, Dec 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Solaire

Solaire Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2017
    Well said I was thinking the same thing,,, is it some sort of vape peer pressure?.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    If they all want to Darwin themselves there are times I don't much care. Although, could I respectfully suggest a sort of "Russian roulette" using something NOT vape related so that we can't get batteries.

Or, who can build the "safest" build on a mech, OR the prettiest and if you must have hazard, well, you could attach it to some sort of drinking game or something. Alcohol's not going anywhere, no matter how many folks "drink themselves into the grave" and etc.?????

Please, and I'm asking nicely?

Dog owners have to get a license. Tags. Etc. Would it be so wrong to ask parents to submit to some kind of means test (although to be fair, with the luck of the draw some parents, it doesn't really MATTER how much "parenting" they do, the kids turn out a bit "funny.")

I should mention that the "Mother" of social work, Margaret Sanger, started a movement of "friendly visits" to "families in need, the mentally ill, the degenerate, and the stupid" and was pretty instrumental in getting a lot of parents sterilized, so it's hard to call them "friendly visits" exactly. Most of the time, I'm horrified by SW's legacy and every now and then I think "Well, she had a point." LOL.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  3. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Could be. I think it is more an ignorance of science, blind arrogance, or just plain stupidity.

I had a couple of vape shop co-workers who would build ridiculousy low (unsafe) resistance coils just to impress their friends or customers with their clouds. I pointed out to them that their coils were too low for the battery they were using. They'd pull out a Purple Efest battery that said "40 amps" on the label and just grin at me. :facepalm:

We forum members all know that Efest exaggerates their battery specifications and that there are no 18650 batteries with over 30 amps, but these guys didn't go on vaping forums. They learned everything they knew from their vaping buddies, believed the labels on their batteries, and probably never did an Ohm's Law calculation in their life. This was in 2014 before Mooch became a battery whistle blower.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. r055co

r055co Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    Batteries at the #1 priority with Mech's, my preferred battery is Sony VTC5A's. If you're used to Vaping around 80W I recommend building between 0.18 - 0.2 and yes it's more than safe with VTC5A's.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I will pass on this one, to each their own.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CMD-Ky

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Move to the "Not recommended" section?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. r055co

Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    VTC5A's are 25a CDR, 0.18-0.2 is well within that.

8. CMD-Ky

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I am in no position to say otherwise, it is just out of my arena of comfort.

• Like Like x 1
  9. r055co

Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    OP was looking for something around 80W so the recommendation was for them

• Like Like x 1
  10. r055co

Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    Anything under 0.1Ω is what I call Stupid Low or Darwin Low. There IMO no reason to go that low on a single battery Mech, get a damn parallel if you wanna build super low and vape magma steam. Or get a paraseries like the HOG and build around 0.3Ω

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.