Switch from regulated to mech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solaire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2017
Why see how low you can go? Who are you trying to impress? Call it ballsy if you want, but it's just plain dumb. If your so called experienced friends contribute to this nonsense, find new friends.
What's wrong with trying to find a vape that suits you without ignoring battery capabilities? What a silly path you're choosing.... especially since you've yet to learn anything about using a mech . vaping gets plenty of bad press as it is....thanks for setting up the next headline. Thanks
Well said I was thinking the same thing,,, is it some sort of vape peer pressure?.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If they all want to Darwin themselves there are times I don't much care. Although, could I respectfully suggest a sort of "Russian roulette" using something NOT vape related so that we can't get batteries.

Or, who can build the "safest" build on a mech, OR the prettiest and if you must have hazard, well, you could attach it to some sort of drinking game or something. Alcohol's not going anywhere, no matter how many folks "drink themselves into the grave" and etc.?????

Please, and I'm asking nicely?

Dog owners have to get a license. Tags. Etc. Would it be so wrong to ask parents to submit to some kind of means test (although to be fair, with the luck of the draw some parents, it doesn't really MATTER how much "parenting" they do, the kids turn out a bit "funny.")

I should mention that the "Mother" of social work, Margaret Sanger, started a movement of "friendly visits" to "families in need, the mentally ill, the degenerate, and the stupid" and was pretty instrumental in getting a lot of parents sterilized, so it's hard to call them "friendly visits" exactly. Most of the time, I'm horrified by SW's legacy and every now and then I think "Well, she had a point." LOL.

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well said I was thinking the same thing,,, is it some sort of vape peer pressure?.
Could be. I think it is more an ignorance of science, blind arrogance, or just plain stupidity.

I had a couple of vape shop co-workers who would build ridiculousy low (unsafe) resistance coils just to impress their friends or customers with their clouds. I pointed out to them that their coils were too low for the battery they were using. They'd pull out a Purple Efest battery that said "40 amps" on the label and just grin at me. :facepalm:

We forum members all know that Efest exaggerates their battery specifications and that there are no 18650 batteries with over 30 amps, but these guys didn't go on vaping forums. They learned everything they knew from their vaping buddies, believed the labels on their batteries, and probably never did an Ohm's Law calculation in their life. This was in 2014 before Mooch became a battery whistle blower.

Last edited:

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
With a single battery mech?

tmimn.gif

Please tell me those numbers are typos. How in the name of Ohm's Law can anyone do that?

Using a 0.09 ohm resistance with a newer high quality 30 amp cdr battery will have an amp draw of over 46 amps. That's 16 amps over the cdr. That is misuse/abuse of the battery.

Using a 0.05 ohm coil with a newer high quality 30 amp cdr battery will have an amp draw of 84 amps. That's 54 amps over the cdr of the battery. That's hardcore abuse of a battery.

Just-because-you-jsskkh.jpg

Anything under 0.1Ω is what I call Stupid Low or Darwin Low. There IMO no reason to go that low on a single battery Mech, get a damn parallel if you wanna build super low and vape magma steam. Or get a paraseries like the HOG and build around 0.3Ω

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread