Switching from a carto tank to Vivi Nova?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb80

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2012
Alicante
Hey all,

I really enjoy using the carto tank and if I'm honest about it I don't even see the need to change so it's not exactly about switching as it is just trying something different.
I was intending on getting a newer tank for my cartos but for whatever reason I was compelled to get the Vivi Nova STV and some replacement heads instead.

Having never used this type of set up before it all looks pretty straight forward and easy to use but is there anything I should be careful of and what can I expect from it?
Does it go through juice quicker or slower?
Life Span of the heads compared to cartos? etc?

If it helps I'm using a Vision Spinner as my main PV.

Any pointers would be welcome.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Expect less flavor and vapor. It will use less juice.

Heads can be cleaned and dry burned which is a plus, but this needs to be done about every 4 to 8 ml of juice, otherwise performance will drop off. Heads will last a long time if maintained. Performance is very dependable. Easy to refill with juice. Low power required.

Hardware (PV) is irrelevant.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Although I've been using cartotanks almost exclusively for about 1 1/2 years and more than satisfied, I occassionally will try different juice attachments. I got my feet wet with RBAs several months back. While researching for a mod for my daughter, I thought cartotanks were not the right fit for her being a novice and a probable part-time vapor (she's not a smoker, and wanted a mod just for flavors). I sampled a few different clearomizers for her and settled on the iClear 30's for her BB mod. In the process, I've found that the latest generation of clearomizers have nearly caught up with cartotanks. To this day I still use a couple of the iClear 30 for their ease of use.

I've been using these iClear 30 for over a month and have yet needed to change a head. Flavor is not quite comparable to my cartotanks, but it's satisfactory, they're easy and get the job done.

Last edited:

jb80

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2012
Alicante
Thanks for the responses.

I guess it doesn't sound all bad, less flavour and vapor aside.
With 8 heads all up I probably won't be in any rush to restock that side of things too which is good as it can be months between orders for me.
I wonder though if I'll just go back to the cartotank in the end, in truth I'll probably run both with one on my back up PV.

Taylor7617

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Humble, Texas, United States
I'm using a PT2 on my Tesla....perfect fit and am guessing it's something like 19mm. I don't want a wide tank as it'll look strange IMO...maybe not. I have thought about trying a Cartotank for comparison, is there a reasonably priced Carto-tank (complete setup) in the $20 range that is similar in size / juice capacity? Note, PT2 hold 2.5+ ml. Thanks!

jb80

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2012
Alicante
Thanks for the reply, I think I responded to your thread which was in a similar vein but switching to a cartotank.
Like I said I'm still using the first tank I got which is a Volcano tube tank, I think they are fairly cheaply priced. £13 in the UK so probably around $13 US and you can get them in 4 or 7mls. I have the 7 so it may be a bit wider than the 4.
I'm very happy with the tank although there are better ones. I think it all comes down to the carto anyway and you can't go wrong with Boges.

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
It's will act difrent on difrent liquids.
For example on VG juice 50% or more the Vivi may have a better result.
For general the Vivi will wick better until 30% of the thank.
And will produce more of a mellow flavore,that can be wellcome with some
Juices.
I use to rotate 4 Vivi's.
Evry night I was cleaning the heads and thank under water and let it dry,
and use the other one freshly clean.
This way I was able to get evry day an almost new tank expirience and used the Vivi's heads
For up to 30 days.
It's diffrent then carto's and in some point more easy to handle but you shuld see
for your self if you like the end result.
After I switched to RBA's I think the Vivi's are more close to them then carto's from some aspects.

jb80

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2012
Alicante
Well a quick update....

It arrived today and all in all it's not too bad although I'm guessing it needs a little time to break in. There is a sweet plasticy smell that is present when vaping and was there when I opened the box. This will probably go after some time I hope.

It's a bit of a clearer vape too than the cartos and I tend to use a higher voltage too more often.
Other than that it's nice enough, I haven't had enough time with it to fairly asses a preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread