Switching from Kr808 to Smok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovin

Aug 1, 2010
So Cal
Hey guys!

I currently use KR808 batteries with matching cartomizers, have used them for many years. But I am now out of cartomizers and can't get them shipped anymore, nor juice, and I was unprepared for the shipping cutoff. I live in a very rural area of Southern California. There isn't a local shop.

However, I am going to the Tucson area for Thanksgiving, and there's a few local shops that sell smok kits, so I am looking to switch over. And I can stock up on juice. However, I'm a total newb to these types of batteries, and am really not sure where to start.

Options are Nord, Nord2, Nord AIO 19 or 22, RPM80 Pro, or RPM 40.

I've been out of the "researching batteries" phase for so long, and am running out of time! How do I choose? Are there replacement parts I should buy while I'm there, just to make sure things keep running?

I don't want copious amounts of vapor if it can be helped. That's the only thing I've identified as desirable. What am I not considering? I really don't want to go back to analog!!

Thanks for any assistance!!!

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome to ECF, Tovin. Why go from good to really not so good? If they have any kind of mod besides a Smok, it's probably better. In fact, you might want to jump on the pod ship. I know those little things won't produce a huge cloud.. Call them up if you can, ask 'em what they got, and post back here - in this forum General Vaping Discussion.

eta: BTW, batteries go in and power a mod or pod (which is generally a smaller and disposable device).

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I don't understand going with any Smok product. :confused: :eek: o_O They have a pretty bad rap around here.

It wasn't all that long ago someone was starting a thread on a weekly basis, and sometimes more frequently, about their Smok "whatever" going belly up.

The general consensus on ECF is that Smok products are crap. Most people avoid Smok like the plague.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    You cigalike vapers are coming out of the woodwork now and proving so many people wrong, that think cigalikes never get anyone off cigarettes. :thumbs:

I currently use KR808 batteries with matching cartomizers

I believe SmokeTip.com is 808 threaded and is still shipping, I think. They cut off the threads in their images so they look like they're 510 threaded, but they have always been known to be 808s. You'll want to check with them.

TheMagicMist.com sells many threadings of cigalikes and I believe their Vertigo line ("V2 Compatible") is 808 threaded (but you'll have to contact them to verify).

https://www.themagicmist.com/V2CIGS-compatible-s/69.htm

Options are Nord, Nord2, Nord AIO 19 or 22, RPM80 Pro, or RPM 40.

I can't help you here, but I will say that your best bet is to go with what is available locally, even if it's Smok. I can tell you that all the above will be producing a much different vape than you are used to with cigalikes so it may take a while to get used to. That's why I'm showing you where to get more cigalikes.

One word of advice: Backups are important.

Last edited:
    • Informative
    Reactions: HigherStateD

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Hey guys!
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    "use KR808 batteries with matching cartomizers,"
    I switch to the following from same set above years ago and would not use cartridges again. Might like to read:
    (7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
    Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
    RBA Vape Guide: RDA, RTA, RDTA, and More
    Rayon wick, better flow, flavor, saturation and Nic Hit!
    Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2
    You Tube is a good source regarding learning hand eye techniques regarding coil and wicking.
    Could ask detail questions here: Wick and Wire

• Informative
    Reactions: HigherStateD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread