Switching from Protank to Boge/Smoktech cartomizers - how it vapes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy777

Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
EU
Hi Everyone,

As per my other thread, I'm hoping to move away from problematic protanks to cartomizers.

Few already in the post (Boge, Boge XL, Smoktech XL , some XXLs) but I'll only get them next week. Eager to get started with them, can't wait!

Could anyone share their experience on how well cartomizers vape compared to protanks?

Is it similar or a lot weaker vape?

I'm mostly switching because of constant burnt taste in protanks I can't get rid of..

I'm a Provari user.

Many Thanks!

Andy

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hi, Andy. I use both clearomizers and cartotanks. Although I like clearomizers for their ease of use, I prefer the flavor and vapor production of a nicely setup cartotank more. Cartotanks have more of a learning curve than clearotanks, but if you follow a proven methodology word for word you should have success in no time at all.

I don't use cartomizers solo, but the experience should be similar. The problem with solo cartomizers is you can't see your juice's level to know when to refill them. Allowing them to go dry can cause burning of the filler material; once that happens you'll never get the burnt taste removed. Using a carto in a tank allows the carto to be replenished with more juice from the tank each time you take a puff. And since you can easily see the juice level in a tank, you know when to refill it.

The most important thing to remember is to adequately fill the cartomizer with enough juice, whether used solo or in a cartotank. This will determine how well the carto will perform for the rest of it's life. Once the carto begins to have a very stiff draw, it has served its purpose and needs to be replaced. Below are a few blogs that I have written which should get you on a good start.

Is it a carto, a tank, or what? Juice Attachments Guide

Cartotank Setup Guide

Cartotank Help for a Noob

Something Safe for Cinnamon & Citrus Flavors

List of Online Vendors That Sell Pre-Punched Cartomizers

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Hi Everyone,

As per my other thread, I'm hoping to move away from problematic protanks to cartomizers.

Few already in the post (Boge, Boge XL, Smoktech XL , some XXLs) but I'll only get them next week. Eager to get started with them, can't wait!

Could anyone share their experience on how well cartomizers vape compared to protanks?

Is it similar or a lot weaker vape?

I'm mostly switching because of constant burnt taste in protanks I can't get rid of..

I'm a Provari user.

Many Thanks!

Andy

In my opinion a carto by itself is far better vape than a prostank, but carto's can be fiddly to prime properly and know when to refill until you get the hang of it.
A punched carto inside a tank is a better vape than a stand alone carto mostly because you can see when you need to add liquid and the material surrounding the coil remains saturated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread