Status
Not open for further replies.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Hey all,

I'm getting a tad more adventurous - wanting to try more new juice flavours. Currently I have 2 ego ones; 2 different juices in each. I've only been strictly vaping for 7 days as I gave up cigs last Monday.

What's the best way to clean my little rigs, thus removing remaining/residual juice so I can add a different flavour?

Might seem like a silly question. Is it obvious I'm a newbie ? :)

Cheers and thanks in advance

Reactions: Isabelle49

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Well, you can just refill with a new flavor ... might be "interesting" for a little while, but the new flavor will eventually over-ride the old one. (usually; but some flavors are more like a resistant tank infection)

On the other hand, you can take out the coil head and put it in a little baggie labelled with the juice it was used with; rinse the tank, let it dry, put in a fresh coil, prime, fill, wait, and vape.

On the other other hand, get some Ego One CLR coils and rewick with fresh cotton when you want to change flavors.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Yeah, you can just switch the coil and rinse the tank out thoroughly with or without soap. I usually don't find I even need soap with less-strong flavors and a new coil head. Most tanks come apart into at least a few pieces to help with cleaning.

If you're asking about switching flavors with the same coil, you might want to consider getting some PG and/or VG. I often fill up a tank halfway with unflavored, no-nic base to use the same coil.

That, or I just fill it up with a new flavor and let it be "interesting" for a while, like @jandrew said.

Reactions: juskiddin

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
you could also consider putting in new coil with new flavor and soaking old coil in pga (like everclear) or vodka overnight - hot water rinse and you can get a bit more mileage out of it (or set aside to re-use with previous flavor - cleaning will extend coil life somewhat and then you don't have to worry about flavor crossover)...

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Well, you can just refill with a new flavor ... might be "interesting" for a little while, but the new flavor will eventually over-ride the old one. (usually; but some flavors are more like a resistant tank infection)

On the other hand, you can take out the coil head and put it in a little baggie labelled with the juice it was used with; rinse the tank, let it dry, put in a fresh coil, prime, fill, wait, and vape.

On the other other hand, get some Ego One CLR coils and rewick with fresh cotton when you want to change flavors.
@jandrew Yes, it could be "interesting". I did this last time I changed flavours...before I bought a second eGo ONE. In fact, it was interesting...at first :) The part way through, the "interesting" morphed into something which tasted like filling my pie hole with both 1st course and dessert all at the same time. *blech* :) Lesson learned.

Thanks so much for your other suggestions. I may give them a go.

Cheers

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
I be been rinsing out the tank and keeping the same coil and letting it get "interesting" for a bit.

Piggy back question though- are their certain flavors that tend to cling to coil? I've been thinking of throwing in a random menthol in there.
Not sure...I'm very new at this. The last time I added a new flavour to the existing one it ended up tasting like something it ought not to be *sigh* Existing flavour was just tobacco (18mg), I added vanilla infused tobacco which I thought would be nice and subtle. I was quite wrong :/ Everyone's taste is different though.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Not sure...I'm very new at this. The last time I added a new flavour to the existing one it ended up tasting like something it ought not to be *sigh* Existing flavour was just tobacco (18mg), I added vanilla infused tobacco which I thought would be nice and subtle. I was quite wrong :/ Everyone's taste is different though.

Just emptied out existing juice (vanilla tobacco, 18 mg), wiped it clean as best I could, put in new coil (1.0ohm) and refilled with new flavour; black honey tobacco (stepped nic down for first time to 12 mg).

I'm grinning like the Cheshire Cat. Nice flavour, very smooth and a more subtle throat hit...no scratchy coughing.

Happy camper.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Just emptied out existing juice (vanilla tobacco, 18 mg), wiped it clean as best I could, put in new coil (1.0ohm) and refilled with new flavour; black honey tobacco (stepped nic down for first time to 12 mg).

I'm grinning like the Cheshire Cat. Nice flavour, very smooth and a more subtle throat hit...no scratchy coughing.

Happy camper.

Thanks so much everyone for your lightning fast responses. Much appreciated.

MaxwellPink

ECF Veteran
Usually it's the darker liquid that will clog your coils, so unless it's mixed with chocolate you should be good.

I recently finished off a so so menthol, rinsed the tank, and soaked the atty in hot water for about half an hour. Can still taste its coolness in the tank of coffee flavor I'm currently using with them. :-(

Some menthols have been known to cause tank cracking/melting if you're using a plastic tank. Use glass or have a sacrificial tank on hand just for them.

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
Sweet flavors gunk coils faster supposedly, also dark liquids (in my experience this has always been true). Some flavors aren't strong enough to need cleaning on a coil, some are so strong (licorice, menthols, strawberry for some reason) that i would keep a coil just for them and use different coils for others.

My main warning to you is dont shake clearomizers while cleaning if they have silica wicks. I've seen tons of fibers floating in my tank after doing that... Blech! I dont wash silica wicks at all anymore.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg

Happy camper.

That's what we like to hear!! :thumbs:

Isabelle49

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2015
Hey all,

I'm getting a tad more adventurous - wanting to try more new juice flavours. Currently I have 2 ego ones; 2 different juices in each. I've only been strictly vaping for 7 days as I gave up cigs last Monday.

What's the best way to clean my little rigs, thus removing remaining/residual juice so I can add a different flavour?

Might seem like a silly question. Is it obvious I'm a newbie ? :)

Cheers and thanks in advance

I just pour out what's left and fill with another, I usually clears up pretty quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread