switching married batteries between mods, vv and mech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
Hi, I've been using an IPV3 since Dec. without issues, and recently decided to upgrade the batteries since I was using two sets of batteries that weren't as good as I know are available. So I got 4 new Sony VTC4's for it, and they're great. I then bought a brand new Seigelei 150 and 4 brand new LG HG2's for it. Then I decided to get a parallel mech box, a dimitri clone. At first I was just going to use my older batteries with it (a pair of efests and a pair of imrens), but then I started thinking that with as little as I use the Seigelei, devoting four of my best batteries to it might not make sense. Can I 'share' my married batteries between the seigelei and the dimitri, if I keep them married? If the answer is no, that's okay but could someone explain what the issue might be if I did? I'm going to either do that, or devote one pair of the LG's to the dimitri and one to the Sigelei. I use the dimitri clone a lot more than the Sig so I feel like i should devote my safest batteries to it. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and for answering if you see fit. If I don't get any response, I'll probably just do the option of one set for the dimitri clone and one for the sig, and I guess either use my old batteries as backups or just store them. Again, thank you for reading. my older batteries have always been married, always discharge at the same rate and charge at the same rate. I use a nitecore d4 charger. I hope I've given all the pertinent information. thank you again, this site is full of the most helpful vapers on the planet.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
If they have ALWAYS been a matched set, and don't get pushed beyond their limits (which will lower over time!), then it should be OK.

The issue is that, if ever not married, the internal condition of the once pair is no longer going to be the same. They won't deliver exactly the same power as each other any longer, one will pick up more of the load, and bad things can happen. Under your nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread