Switching to sub ohm...how much nic should I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Your nic salts were pretty high, so I'd say that 6 m.g. is probably fairly reasonable, but you may have to experiment a bit to figure out what gives you a nice balance. Some folks starting DL choose to buy a slightly higher strength like 9 and the same flavor in 0 so that using whatever ratios of the two liquids will allow you to experiment with your levels more precisely. Etc. It's quite often not a bad strategy at all.

Good luck,

Anna

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Probably start with 6 - I agree with Anna - I did that for years so that I could tweak my levels. I now use 3mg and use a .5 coil. Depends on how much you vape and how much juice you go through. I used to vape at 50mg but not nic salts and when I started subohming I went to 12 and very quickly (almost immediately) started cutting down to 6 going down in smaller increments mixing the juices together in various ratios-- I vape a lot. Then I gradually cut down to 3 and have been at that for a long while.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
First thing i did when i moved to sub 0hm is finding a juice not too harsh i could vape at 6mg, then proceeded to make a small transition (from mtl to dtl + less nic i usually had). These time i vaped as much as needed which usually ended in a slight nic buzz.

Took me quite a few months to switch from 6 to 3 so don't worry about it too much.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I went through a transition phase alternating between mtl and dl. I just had juices in different nic amounts for each one. When I was around 12 mg mtl and 6 dl I changed over to pretty much dl full time. But my dl is not big cloudy stuff but flavor and easy draw so my power levels are always modest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread