SX Mini SL - Factory Reset on Battery Change (Solved? Kinda?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attipton

Aug 20, 2020
Ok. I received my SX Mini SL today and immediately noticed an issue with all settings, even the ones you are required to use a computer to set, are wiped out randomly when I change batteries.

First, it turned out to not be random. It is a problem with the battery cap. It screws on like there's sand in the threads. I feel like I'm destroying the thing screwing it back on. It never goes on easy or on the first try.

The issue is that as you are messing with the cap, it is powering and disconnecting from the vape. You're pulsing power into it and it just.... resets. If you're careful, it won't do it.

Also, if you hold the fire button while changing the battery, it seems to mitigate that effect. It brings up the firmware info and it doesn't seem to do the hard reset on that screen.

So I guess what I'm wondering is.... Is this just mine or is everybody's capable of resetting if you can't get the cap on properly? I was expecting a lot more from a $140 unit.

Also, why can't you adjust the custom curves wattage? Seems like they hobbled this thing badly with their software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread