Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Ok thanks hopefully I get a 2020 model not an old stock model
Most places sell through them pretty quick,so shouldn't be much worry of getting old stock,unless its some unknown site,then its possible,but I'm sure you'll get a newer one.

I got the evolv chip which I think is the 60W. Main reason being that I heard the other chip could be damaged if juice gets on the board. The evolv board has some kind of protective coating. I had several major juice leaks while I was learning to use the mod so watch out for that. I heard one good tip about juice leaks. Until you are confident about leaks keep the mod on its side with the air vents pointing downwards. That way if you have a leak it will run out of the vents rather than into the chip area underneath the tank. Before I learned that trick I had juice running out of the bottom of the chip compartment several times.

I never heard of any difference between the two concerning panels or inserts. I know there are some differences between the SKX clone and the original. Some doors only fit one or the other because of slightly difference placement of the magnets or something.
Thanks once again for the tip i put in the SXK exocet V2 and it bled like a pig juice everywhere to begin with glad i took your advice, anyway rewicked it and good as gold now

Reactions: englishmick

asin_punk

Nov 16, 2011
Philippines
I always wanted to have an original BB. But it's really hard to get one here in my country. So now, I got my first SXK BB DNA60 2021. All I can say is heaven. Im happy with it. But this thing makes me want more to have an original BB. Planning to get one on their website. But shipping it to my country is in a bad timing. Will cost me maybe $100 or more just for the shipping. They post an announcement to get hold on placing order if Im living outside their country due to the shipping cost issue. So I think maybe I will just enjoy my SXK USBBB for a while.

Sharing my setup.

view

view

view

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I'm sorry to say that my two SXK BB's just sit on my desk and watch me vape other stuff. One would hardly drain the battery just sitting unused and the other would slowly drain the cell down about 0.1 volt per day.
The picture here is of an SXK 70 watt board, best I could find. I found wetness from juice on the positive terminal block (at green arrow), I cleaned it off and all is well again.
It just might be time to bring them out of retirement.
BB.jpg

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Sxk BB Boxxer type of day... View attachment 941273

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Does yours leak all over the place?I have the silver one and no matter what I did,it would not stop leaking,so I had to quit using it.I wish SXK would of made a clone of the V2,i got an authentic used,and really like it,but now they are near impossible to find.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Mine has a little lip around the deck. It allowed me to put a thin oring around it so the cap sits right on top of it. I still get a leak but its minimal compared to when I first got it.. I hear the V2 leaks too, but alot less...

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Here is the picture with the small oring around the deck of the sxk version I have..I think most of the leaking is from filling, the liquid go's up from the tank into the deck down the middle hole, and down the positive post.
20200607_091545.jpg
20200607_091437.jpg

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I read some experiences of owners of the original. It’s a PITA to wick properly. And unless you get the wicking exactly right, get ready for an agonizing experience with leaking, dry hits...etc. The question is is it worth the hassle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks @Tamer El-Meehy and @BillW50 . I was on the point of buying one but at 50 bucks for the clone it would have to be pretty damn good. Gonna hold off for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread