Status
Not open for further replies.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Can any of these be closed down enough for him to MTL on them. No problems with the building as I can do that with no problem. Any input would be gratefully appreciated.
Those are generally for DTL vaping. But some use them for MTL by closing down the AFC. The Crossbow MTL rba by Kindbright is just for MTL. I've seen them at:

Here are some inserts to restrict the airflow down enough for MTL. Unfortunately they don't say for which RBA they are for. I know people were buying inserts like these to convert VapeShell RBA for MTL vaping. Might be worth picking up if you have a few extra bucks to spend for some of the other RBA you mentioned.

While one of the DTL RBA is the Insider. I probably should mention that I have seen a rare Insider MTL Edition. But its authentic and cost $150.

harlielover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Michigan
Thank you for the information. So looks like the best bet for him will be to use the coil bridges as we have plenty of Aspire coils around. Looks like the vape shell uses the same airflow restricters as the Kindbright and they have the smaller ones available on Fasttech, so may get those and just play with them.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
We are thinking of getting the SXK BB 70W for my husband to drag around with him to work. He mainly vapes tobacco eliquids and is a MTL type of guy. Not sure what insert to get for him, could use a few inputs from those of you that are familiar with the device.

Fasttech shows the following as available to buy: SXK Vape Shell, Exocet styled RDA and Insider styled RDA.

Can any of these be closed down enough for him to MTL on them. No problems with the building as I can do that with no problem. Any input would be gratefully appreciated.

All of those have adjustable airflow, though I have never used mine for a tight MTL hit so I can't speak from experience. I know that the Insider comes with an airflow ring and two chimneys. One of the chimneys has a smaller inside diameter than the other. The idea is that you get a tighter draw with the smaller of the two.

Unfortunately, I got my Insider second hand and it is missing the smaller diameter chimney so I can't comment on the draw.

You may want to ask your question in the Billet Box thread linked below as those folks have likely tried a lot of different atomizers in their boro tanks - just be warned that some members frown on clones - so I would just ask a general question about the best or most popular MTL atomizer for the BB and then buy a clone version if available to try it out.

~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

Last edited:

harlielover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Michigan
I decided last night to just buy 1 of each of the inserts that they had there on Fasttech and the set of extra reducers for the Vape Shell and we will just play around with them and see what we can get to work for him.

So got a 70w Clone, the clones of the Vape Shell, Exocet & Insider, the Kindbright air inserts that look like they will work with the Vape Shell & a extra tank, all for $118. Now the waiting begins, lol

I try and buy authentic when I can, unless the price is just to out there, and unfortunately that is the case with the Billet Box & stuff. If the clones were not available for them we simply would never get them as they are just to expensive for us.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I decided last night to just buy 1 of each of the inserts that they had there on Fasttech and the set of extra reducers for the Vape Shell
Mine is on the way to. I went back last night and read the reviews on it, and most people aren't to impressed...seems the parts don't line up to well. I can only hope i'm one of the lucky ones, and mine wasn't manufactured on a Friday afternoon, or before a lunchtime for that matter :p

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Fix For SXK RBA and Kanger Bridge Coming Apart, Maybe

I've been looking at BB drip tips for awhile now. Atmistique and Ohman Bmods has the BB Key built into the drip tip. And Etsy BB drip tips keys into the existing BB Key. All very nice and very tempting.

Although JMK Tips also has their BB drip tips which also has the BB Key built in. And oddly, unlike everything else, doesn't use an o-ring. Why? They explain within their BB Rev3 drip tips description (you need their BB Rev4 tips for Rev 4 of course):

They do not include an o-ring at the base. This is due to the fact that the o-ring always causes the Kangeroo and Siluro tubes to get pulled out when removing the stock brass ring, which makes it a bigger hassle to refill the tank. No leaking has occurred, even with daily usage.

Hmm interesting. I'm giving them a try. They claim they work with SXK BB too when I contacted them. ;)
Wow! Are these really nice! And yes, the threading is the same on my SXK BB. Also no condensation yet and resistance is really solid (just finger tight). The bottom is completely flat. I was curious what that end looked like since I couldn't find any pics of that end. And since it is flat, there is nothing sticking down the chimney which requires a lot of turns on the stock key before the tank is free. Not these, just one 180° turn and the tank just falls out. The only con I have is they are really stubby. Only 10mm tall on top of the BB. I need to get some more of these. :D

• Winner
Reactions: charlie1465

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Well I received my stash of BB stuff and started building last night.
I'm absolutely thrilled with the box itself. High quality and well built. Only thing that don't impress me is the up/down buttons seems to be the other way around..up is down and down is up. Different from all my other DNA devices.
I gave all the RBAs a turn and like the Kanger and Vapeshell the most...so far. The Exocet is on the wire still..in fairness I must still play around with it more. Still waiting on the Insider.
The Kanger is my favourite at this stage. Threw in a 28G st st coil at 0.69ohm and its working real fine. Easy to fill it to...slide the glass down (while its inside the box) and fill.
I didn't have a good start with the Boxxer tank. Its a nightmare to fill through the fill hole...The glass is stuck solid so I couldn't remove it to install the coil, or fill it. I actually cracked it, trying to remove it. Its still good for use, but ordered a 5pack as spare. So far i'm on the wire with the Boxxer tank to...again will play with it more.
All in all i'm a very happy chappy with my purchase and exited to learn more about all things BB going forward.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Only thing that don't impress me is the up/down buttons seems to be the other way around..up is down and down is up. Different from all my other DNA devices.
That's the first thing people change with EScribe. You can flip the screen and the buttons if you like. :D

harlielover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Michigan
I didn't have a good start with the Boxxer tank. Its a nightmare to fill through the fill hole...The glass is stuck solid so I couldn't remove it to install the coil, or fill it. I actually cracked it, trying to remove it. Its still good for use, but ordered a 5pack as spare. So far i'm on the wire with the Boxxer tank to...again will play with it more.

Word is over on a couple of Facebook groups is that the designer has abandoned trying to fix the issues with the Boxxer and is working on a complete new design for it. The main complaint was the constant leaking from the back seam as there is no gasket for it, some have been sort of sealing it with teflon plumbers tape.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Word is over on a couple of Facebook groups is that the designer has abandoned trying to fix the issues with the Boxxer and is working on a complete new design for it. The main complaint was the constant leaking from the back seam as there is no gasket for it, some have been sort of sealing it with teflon plumbers tape.
Yeah i'm keeping an eagle eye on that....teflon tape ready :D
Mine is filled now for 3 days and no leak yet. I haven't used it much though.

harlielover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Michigan
What did you order?

I got a 70w Clone, the clones of the Vape Shell, Exocet & Insider, the Kindbright air inserts that look like they will work with the Vape Shell & a extra tank. Since the mod comes with the Aspire & Nautalis bridges that will give me 5 things to play with in the tank, so I can see if this will work out for me or not. If I like it and it works well, then maybe I will think about saving up for at least 1 real BB

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
There is a new BB coming. Its called a SXK BB Mini 30W Bantam. Uses the same Boro tanks and bridges.
  • 55x55x24.5mm
  • 5W-30W
  • Fires down to 0.4 ohm
SXK BB Mini 30W Bantam 001.jpg

SXK BB Mini 30W Bantam 002.jpg

SXK BB Mini 30W Bantam 003.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY