The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SXK Billet box...

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Fredman1, Mar 2, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Those are generally for DTL vaping. But some use them for MTL by closing down the AFC. The Crossbow MTL RBA by Kindbright is just for MTL. I've seen them at:

Here are some inserts to restrict the airflow down enough for MTL. Unfortunately they don't say for which RBA they are for. I know people were buying inserts like these to convert VapeShell RBA for MTL vaping. Might be worth picking up if you have a few extra bucks to spend for some of the other RBA you mentioned.

While one of the DTL RBA is the Insider. I probably should mention that I have seen a rare Insider MTL Edition. But its authentic and cost $150.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. harlielover

harlielover Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2012
    Michigan
    Thank you for the information. So looks like the best bet for him will be to use the coil bridges as we have plenty of Aspire coils around. Looks like the vape shell uses the same airflow restricters as the Kindbright and they have the smaller ones available on Fasttech, so may get those and just play with them.

• Like Like x 2
  3. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    All of those have adjustable airflow, though I have never used mine for a tight MTL hit so I can't speak from experience. I know that the Insider comes with an airflow ring and two chimneys. One of the chimneys has a smaller inside diameter than the other. The idea is that you get a tighter draw with the smaller of the two.

Unfortunately, I got my Insider second hand and it is missing the smaller diameter chimney so I can't comment on the draw.

You may want to ask your question in the Billet Box thread linked below as those folks have likely tried a lot of different atomizers in their boro tanks - just be warned that some members frown on clones - so I would just ask a general question about the best or most popular MTL atomizer for the BB and then buy a clone version if available to try it out.

~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. harlielover

Nov 18, 2012
    Michigan
    I decided last night to just buy 1 of each of the inserts that they had there on Fasttech and the set of extra reducers for the Vape Shell and we will just play around with them and see what we can get to work for him.

So got a 70w Clone, the clones of the Vape Shell, Exocet & Insider, the Kindbright air inserts that look like they will work with the Vape Shell & a extra tank, all for $118. Now the waiting begins, lol

I try and buy authentic when I can, unless the price is just to out there, and unfortunately that is the case with the Billet Box & stuff. If the clones were not available for them we simply would never get them as they are just to expensive for us.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Fredman1

Fredman1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Mine is on the way to. I went back last night and read the reviews on it, and most people aren't to impressed...seems the parts don't line up to well. I can only hope i'm one of the lucky ones, and mine wasn't manufactured on a Friday afternoon, or before a lunchtime for that matter :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Wow! Are these really nice! And yes, the threading is the same on my SXK BB. Also no condensation yet and resistance is really solid (just finger tight). The bottom is completely flat. I was curious what that end looked like since I couldn't find any pics of that end. And since it is flat, there is nothing sticking down the chimney which requires a lot of turns on the stock key before the tank is free. Not these, just one 180° turn and the tank just falls out. The only con I have is they are really stubby. Only 10mm tall on top of the BB. I need to get some more of these. :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Well I received my stash of BB stuff and started building last night.
    I'm absolutely thrilled with the box itself. High quality and well built. Only thing that don't impress me is the up/down buttons seems to be the other way around..up is down and down is up. Different from all my other DNA devices.
    I gave all the RBAs a turn and like the Kanger and Vapeshell the most...so far. The Exocet is on the wire still..in fairness I must still play around with it more. Still waiting on the Insider.
    The Kanger is my favourite at this stage. Threw in a 28G st st coil at 0.69ohm and its working real fine. Easy to fill it to...slide the glass down (while its inside the box) and fill.
    I didn't have a good start with the Boxxer tank. Its a nightmare to fill through the fill hole...The glass is stuck solid so I couldn't remove it to install the coil, or fill it. I actually cracked it, trying to remove it. Its still good for use, but ordered a 5pack as spare. So far i'm on the wire with the Boxxer tank to...again will play with it more.
    All in all i'm a very happy chappy with my purchase and exited to learn more about all things BB going forward.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  8. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    That's the first thing people change with EScribe. You can flip the screen and the buttons if you like. :D

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Thanks Bill....its me and escribe again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    One thing I hate since day one of clones, is the screws that locks down the coils. They always have a radius in the corners...pushing out the wire. These RBAs are no exception :grr:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. harlielover

Nov 18, 2012
    Michigan
    Word is over on a couple of Facebook groups is that the designer has abandoned trying to fix the issues with the Boxxer and is working on a complete new design for it. The main complaint was the constant leaking from the back seam as there is no gasket for it, some have been sort of sealing it with teflon plumbers tape.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. harlielover

Nov 18, 2012
    Michigan
    According to Fasttech my SXK BB stuff has shipped, now we will see how long it takes to actually get to me. I have noticed in the last few orders that the transit time seems to be inversely proportional to how anxious I am to get that shipment :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    What did you order?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Yeah i'm keeping an eagle eye on that....teflon tape ready :D
    Mine is filled now for 3 days and no leak yet. I haven't used it much though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. harlielover

Nov 18, 2012
    Michigan
    I got a 70w Clone, the clones of the Vape Shell, Exocet & Insider, the Kindbright air inserts that look like they will work with the Vape Shell & a extra tank. Since the mod comes with the Aspire & Nautalis bridges that will give me 5 things to play with in the tank, so I can see if this will work out for me or not. If I like it and it works well, then maybe I will think about saving up for at least 1 real BB

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Good stuff. You're also going full out. Plz let us know how you find them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    There is a new BB coming. Its called a SXK BB Mini 30W Bantam. Uses the same Boro tanks and bridges.
    • 55x55x24.5mm
    • 5W-30W
    • Fires down to 0.4 ohm
    SXK BB Mini 30W Bantam 001.jpg

SXK BB Mini 30W Bantam 002.jpg

SXK BB Mini 30W Bantam 003.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    I saw that. It's a cute little alternative to pods. I didn't see a price for it. Any idea what they'll be offering it for yet?

• Like Like x 2
  19. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I have no idea. :(

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    I saw a price of $66 but can't remember where...:cool: