The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SXK Billet box...

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Fredman1, Mar 2, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Not cheap but some potentially very promising features. Nothing else I know of with that flexibility in the mtl catagory right now. And given it can go to 30W (well from a practical perspective 15-20W if you're not going to carry a bandolier of those 18350s) you can even use a loose mtl/restricted sorta dl with it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Fredman1

Fredman1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    I remembered...there's a thread about it in the
    VV/VW APV Discussion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. harlielover

harlielover Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2012
    Michigan
    They are currently pricing them at $75 and are selling them directly. As of right now they are not available any other way. SXK-Billet Box has a Facebook page and was taking orders there today.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    So i've been alternating between the various tanks on the BB. The one that I prefer by far is the Insider. Also the coil that works the best for me is a simple 2.5mm st st spaced coil...came out at 0.76 ohm. It just performs beautiful.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    My favorite so far has been those Vaporesso Ceramic SS316L EUC Coil Heads 0.5Ω. You need the Atlantis sleeve and the A-Tank for those. I've also heard good things about the EC-M mesh coils too. Those are going into my shopping cart. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  6. harlielover

Nov 18, 2012
    Michigan
    OMG, this thing is awesome. My Fastech order finally arrived. So far I have only built the RBA that came in the shipped tank, but it is giving a real nice restricted hit and great flavor. Waiting on my new magnifying headset to get here before tackling that tiny Steamtuner or Exocet.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    This BB seems to be a battery damager. Its a bit of a hassle getting it out without damaging the sleeve. What works for me so far is to pry it out halfway at the bottom, and then move to the top and remove it. Not easy though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Just received the new five pack glasses for the boxxer. I had to brake mine to get it out. Turns out all five is to wide for the slots. I eventually narrowed one glass and it fits fine now.
    Also found that the tank leaks at the seam (Big Surprise :D). I stuck some PTFE tape on the seam and loaded it up....very good vape. Nice smooth air flow and very good flavor...better than all the bridges I have.
    The leaking thingy is constantly on my mind though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. charlie1465

charlie1465 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dom...can you get a spare of that brass engraved cover plate? I've got a SXK on the way and love the look of that plate....??

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. charlie1465

Good morning you SXK billet boxers :)

I've just joined the club...ordered the DNA 60 Kit with a spare tank and the vapeshell tank and bridge. I'm pretty excited in my 50+ kind of way :)

• Like Like x 3
  11. dom qp

dom qp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Comes in a kit with front and back plates, button, other stuff.

[​IMG]

You'll have to look around to find a place that has them in stock. I got mine from BB Vapes Brvnd - "TRVP Billet Box Accessory Set, Batch 1"

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. charlie1465

Ooh...that's a sexy little kit...it's a bit of a must have...oh god not another one :lol:

Seriously though thanks for letting me know....it's appreciated. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. dom qp

dom qp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just so you know...

This is made for authentic BBs. They don't have a hole for the USB port. I had to tape up my USB port and stick it under the DNA board for the backing to fit. Some other people just cut it off I think.

The drip tip thing doesn't fit on SXK BBs -- they have different threadings.

And the oval thing is a hex screw driver which is useful, but unless you have custom doors with a socket for it to rest, it will mean the doors don't fit flush (you can just not put the screwdriver inside the BB).

Also, for whatever reason the SXK billet boxes seem to always have 1 screw that is stripped in the back plate. I had to get my dad to mill mine out while being careful to not damage the DNA board underneath.

The good news is I used the USB port to flip my screen before installing (to match an authentic). With that, and the DNA chip, it's nearly impossible to tell it's not an authentic billet box. Actually I don't think it is possible at all. Except maybe for the fact that I was able to update my DNA60 chip and add some better TC software. So in that sense, it's superior to the authentic billet box.

Edit: Oh! and with the USB port under the DNA board, one of the screws in the back plate would cause it to short. I had to shorten the length of the screw slightly so it wouldn't do that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  14. brewbear

brewbear Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2017
    It's good to see a thread for the SXKUSBBB ! I own two authentics and three SXks. Since I prefer a very tight MTL draw, they are all fitted with MF bridges and use Vaporesso 1.3 ohm ceramic coils. I have tried all the other bridges on the market but so far my favorite by far is the MF bridge. Mod Factory store

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  15. charlie1465

Ok thanks for that..that's worth knowing. I may have to cut a slot for the USB and will presumably maybe not have the short then...

Quite a bit to consider though....but it is a lovely piece of kit :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Yes in BB talk, they call this the key. And I was worried about this since I wanted those drip tips with the key part with the drip tip. So I needed a BB drip tip with the authentic threads. I bought four JMK Tips and they screw in just fine with my four SXK BB. Although a few SXK BB users claim theirs uses different size threads than an authentic.
    Well I had to take one of mine apart. And all of the screws were just fine on that one.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. mac-nutty

mac-nutty Moved On

Mar 2, 2019
    pub
    • Funny Funny x 3
  18. harlielover

Nov 18, 2012
    Michigan
    Get a piece of ribbon and put in before putting in the battery, then just tuck in until you want to take out the battery. Ta Da no more problem, lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. harlielover

Nov 18, 2012
    Michigan
    Leaking at the seam has been a known issue for the Boxxer for some time, a bit of teflon plumbers tape will help reduce the leaking. The developer, last I heard, was working on a complete redesign for it as none of the fixes he tried would stop the leaking completely.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Yes the Boxxer v2. That one uses an o-ring.

• Useful Useful x 1