SXK DOGGY STYLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
For those who've purchased multiple SXK Doggys...

Have you noticed slight differences in the "tolerances"? I just built my 2nd unit that arrived the other day (along with a 3rd) and the 510 thread is slightly different (fits better on the same mod), the AFC ring fit is just ever so slightly different, and the 510 drip tip hole (what's the proper term for that, anyway? LOL) is a little snugger with the same tip.

Not affecting the performance at all...it's still a doggy. Just curious. For the cost of these, I guess that's to be expected.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I think that we can expect small variations in what we buy. Each piece that goes into the completed product has a manufacturing tolerance. Those dimensions will vary thru out the manufacturing process, depending on how close they watch their machining, in some cases, probably not very closely.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That explains my difficulties with le doggystyle.... Machine tolerances. :lol::lol:. I will go with that explanation until-- in the new year-- I attempt to get that sucker going once more. If I fail, I am going to give it to whichever member asked for it (I can't remember, but it's in my inbox somewhere). I believe said member was kidding but *I* am not. I'm giving it One More Chance, and then it is exiting my house at the most rapid speed possible.

Anna

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
I have several SXK's and several SJMY's. I also notice slight differences in all of them, mainly the same as you mentioned.Nothing at all to bother about. I did build one SXK that for some reason the wire is a real pain to trap on just one side. I have looked at it with a magnifying glass and cannot see anything wrong at all. Driving me crazy because on the other many of both i have built it is so easy to build. Still by a long way the best tanks i have ever owned.

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
For those who've purchased multiple SXK Doggys...

Have you noticed slight differences in the "tolerances"? I just built my 2nd unit that arrived the other day (along with a 3rd) and the 510 thread is slightly different (fits better on the same mod), the AFC ring fit is just ever so slightly different, and the 510 drip tip hole (what's the proper term for that, anyway? LOL) is a little snugger with the same tip.

Not affecting the performance at all...it's still a doggy. Just curious. For the cost of these, I guess that's to be expected.

Yep, I have two sxk's and I've noticed the same thing. Slight difference in the AFC ring tolerance, also, I feel like the airhole in the AFC ring is ever so slightly bigger on one of them. Another strange thing I've noticed is after I fill one of them, and re-tighten the base onto the tank, one just stops once it turns a certain amount, and the other, I can continue to tighten down further if I choose.

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
I have several SXK's and several SJMY's. I also notice slight differences in all of them, mainly the same as you mentioned.Nothing at all to bother about. I did build one SXK that for some reason the wire is a real pain to trap on just one side. I have looked at it with a magnifying glass and cannot see anything wrong at all. Driving me crazy because on the other many of both i have built it is so easy to build. Still by a long way the best tanks i have ever owned.
Have you looked at replacing the screw that traps down the wire with one of the spares it came with? The bottom on the screw head might not be a flat as it's supposed to be on that particular screw, which would lead to it having a hard time trapping the wire.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Have you looked at replacing the screw that traps down the wire with one of the spares it came with? The bottom on the screw head might not be a flat as it's supposed to be on that particular screw, which would lead to it having a hard time trapping the wire.
Yes that is the first thing i did.Maybe the actual deck part is not flat but it looks fine.

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
I have several SXK's and several SJMY's.
I always wondered: what´s the deal with those "brand names" anyway? Are SXK and SJMY companies, people, just brand names? AFAIK both are just clone versions of the same french original tank, right? So maybe those big chinese shops just take the blueprints/CAD files of the clones and give them to different manufacturers who produce a new batch for them with the same "brand name" - that would explain the slight differences.

K.

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
Also found this ultem with top fill from a Korean custom manufacturer... about $100 to get to the states so not going to happen but would love a mass produced version LOL:
212E153458EDA61C09ADC2

275BC13858EDA634124083

2203E83858EDA637155C07

G2Custom Doggy 2k16 상부주입 울템경통 리뷰.

The company is G2Customs and they are on FB and answered my inquiry to cost.

Well I put in a product request on FT. Don't know if anything will come of it, since I don't think they're currently being mass produced, but it's worth a shot. Hopefully they can get it to SXk or other manufacturers.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I always wondered: what´s the deal with those "brand names" anyway? Are SXK and SJMY companies, people, just brand names? AFAIK both are just clone versions of the same french original tank, right? So maybe those big chinese shops just take the blueprints/CAD files of the clones and give them to different manufacturers who produce a new batch for them with the same "brand name" - that would explain the slight differences.

K.
SXK, SJMY, Coppervape, Tobeco, etc. are manufacturing companies, who mostly produce clones. They make the products and then they are sold thru retailers like Fasttech, 3FVape, Gearbest, etc. Many produce fantastic products and are sought after more so than other clone manufacturers.

Sometimes they even take the original and innovate with improvements/differences, for example the SXK Doggy is more MTL than the authentic product.

Then you have chinese manufacturers who produce original products like Innokin, Aspire, eLeaf, etc.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Well I put in a product request on FT. Don't know if anything will come of it, since I don't think they're currently being mass produced, but it's worth a shot. Hopefully they can get it to SXk or other manufacturers.
Why is ultem so popular? Is it stronger or holds up better? Is ultem only that color? I'm all for a better material, but never liked that color, it's kind of ugly imo...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
Why is ultem so popular? Is it stronger or holds up better? Is ultem only that color? I'm all for a better material, but never liked that color, it's kind of ugly imo...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of the look either personally. In the product request I said a clear version would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread