Status
Not open for further replies.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I got two SXK 2K18 recently, built one with 26g SS, .38Ω filled with Heather's 'Double Trouble' (best fruit vape I've ever tried!). The flavor is excellent- really like this rta. Top cap is not easy to get off- it's almost easier to bottom fill a regular doggy, but I really like the glass tank.

Reactions: TraderX

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    How long should a 2K16 last, so long as you don't drop it? Wondering how many to have on hand in case you can't get them anymore.

The o-rings will fail first, and of course the tanks - by either breaking them, or the threads no longer working well. As long as you have spares of all these, and the deck screws, I see it lasting for a really long time.

I noticed that SXK have newly released a black/gold version of the 2k16:
    $13.98 SXK Doggystyle 2K16 Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3.5ml / 316 stainless steel + PC / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Free Shipping

CAAB

ECF Veteran
    Feb 9, 2019
    New York
    As long as you have spares of all these, and the deck screws, I see it lasting for a really long time.

I was able to find the o-rings from a previous post on this forum, but what about the deck screws? How do you get those?

I was able to find the PC tanks here, which is such a great idea. I will stock up on those: $6.32 Replacement PC Tank for Doggystyle Doggy RTA Atomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack at FastTech - Free Shipping

The steel components, I imagine they will last for a very long time unless they rust. I haven't seen indications of rust so far.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I was able to find the o-rings from a previous post on this forum, but what about the deck screws? How do you get those?

I was able to find the PC tanks here, which is such a great idea. I will stock up on those: $6.32 Replacement PC Tank for Doggystyle Doggy RTA Atomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack at FastTech - Free Shipping

The steel components, I imagine they will last for a very long time unless they rust. I haven't seen indications of rust so far.
    If you're careful screwing them on, they should last virtually forever. And you do NOT have to screw it on very tight at all, which makes it easier to fill. Seriously, just until it stops, then maybe 2-3 mm more. It won't leak, and it'll make the threads last longer. You'll be able to get orings, and probably screws that fit indefinitely as well. The insulators, though, could break at any time (or never), so it might be a good idea to have a few on hand.
    $4.25 Replacement Post Insulator for Doggy RTA Atomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - PEEK at FastTech - Free Shipping

But really, they're so cheap, if you like them, I'd pick up a few at a time until they're gone.

It's funny that I hadn't been using mine since I got my True & Precisios, but got one out last month for the heck of it. I've been keeping it in the rotation. I still love the tank- doesn't hit quite as good as Precisio & True, but so bloody simple and reliable, and I still love the size and look of it.
    upload_2020-6-20_15-12-40.png

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

These ones:
    $0.78 Replacement Screws for Atomizers (10-Pack) 10-pack - M2*3mm thread size at FastTech - Free Shipping - not sure if they are out of stock
    but I'm pretty sure these work too:
    $4.25 Replacement Center Screw for Doggy RTA Atomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - stainless steel at FastTech - Free Shipping

CAAB

ECF Veteran
    Feb 9, 2019
    New York
    I don't think those are the doggy topfill tanks but the bottom ones.

I haven't tried the topfill. I vape NET so by the time I go through a tank I have to rebuild coil and wick. I figure if I don't need to topfill, it's just one less component to go wrong.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
    Feb 9, 2019
    New York
    So based off various helpful posts in this thread I've developed a shopping list to essentially become your own DIY SXK Doggy repair shop. For my purposes I am referring to the bottom fill version, not the top fill.

First is a generous supply of atomizers to start with: $10.79 SXK Doggystyle Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3.5ml / stainless steel + PC / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Free Shipping

Then there are the parts, some of which may or may not be lost or break down over time:

Spare tanks: $6.32 Replacement PC Tank for Doggystyle Doggy RTA Atomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack at FastTech - Free Shipping

Replacement screws: $4.25 Replacement Center Screw for Doggy RTA Atomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - stainless steel at FastTech - Free Shipping

Replacement post insulators: $4.25 Replacement Post Insulator for Doggy RTA Atomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - PEEK at FastTech - Free Shipping

Regarding o-rings, I have not measured myself, this is what I've seen from a previous post on this thread. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I chose red silicone. There are other colors/materials out there.

Airflow and deck o-rings (18*16*1mm): $2.71 Silicone O-Ring Seals for Atomizers (50-Pack) 50-pack - 18*16*1mm (OD*ID*T) at FastTech - Free Shipping

Chimney o-rings (10*8*1mm): $2.70 Silicone O-Ring Seals for Atomizers (50-Pack) 50-pack - 10*8*1mm (OD*ID*T) at FastTech - Free Shipping

SXK drip tip o-rings (8*6*1mm): $2.70 Silicone O-Ring Seals for Atomizers (50-Pack) 50-pack - 8*6*1mm (OD*ID*T) at FastTech - Free Shipping

That's all I can think of.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Doggystyles are seemingly made very well, including the poly tank. Dropped my mod and doggy 3 ft on to concrete.. still works perfectly.
    20200621_111805.jpg

Glad I bought extra doggys anyway, I love em. So simple, so easy to coil, wick, vape.. etc.

I've got the sjmy versions, but I'm guessing they are made just as well as SXK

CAAB

ECF Veteran
    Feb 9, 2019
    New York
    I have orders from Fasttech from May 4th that has not come... Not sure if they are lost or a China shipping problem???

That's too bad. I've had a few of my orders take 1-2 months ever since the new year and the whole coronavirus thing. Hope it comes soon.

There not indestructible though.

Yikes, always good to have a backup or 5.

clnire

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    Florida
    I have orders from Fasttech from May 4th that has not come... Not sure if they are lost or a China shipping problem???
    I have an order that shipped April 30, still in preparing for shipment... I think I will put in a ticket and try to findwhat is going on. I haven't worried what with what is going on, but getting worried.

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I have an order that shipped April 30, still in preparing for shipment... I think I will put in a ticket and try to findwhat is going on. I haven't worried what with what is going on, but getting worried.
    I put n a ticket and got the normal "We'll look into it", "They'll investigate it", etc... Then they told me I should have used USPS! I did!!! Now what??? But they did say they will either send it again or my money back.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread