Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
:toast:
I think i am up to 12 Doggys with more and spare parts on their way from China as i type.

head tilt.GIF

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Great for opening the Dog for refill also (heads up bruteforce @DPLongo22) :)

LOL! I'm always very cautions with my rather large needle-nose pliers. It almost forces me to think about what I'm doing.

I need that. :unsure:

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
Well the dog made it in today! I threw my standard build on it and so far, I'm really impressed. Its very easy to build and fill and bone dry so far. Going to run it as is for a bit and then I'm off into the world of Temp Control. Thanks for pointing me in this direction.
Charles

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
I've also used kayfun Lites almost exclusively for years and the dog is far easier to fill and seems less prone to leak. I think I'm going to like it very much. FWIW, I've got the AF control almost completely closed to get the tight draw that I prefer. I realize it's not a "typical" MTL build, but it's what's worked for me on all my mechs for years. 26 ga Kanthal, 3.0 I.d., 7 wraps, .68 ohms. Since trying a regulated mod, on the eVic VTC, I'm running at 13.5 watts w/just about exactly what I like. That's using my own 36 mg juice.
Charles

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
I ordered a couple more this morning. The more of them I use, the more I like them. The shorty KFL's, my previous favorite, always seemed kinda finicky on wicking, but these Doggys, I wick the same way every time and no problems.

I was the same way with KFL's. Used them for years, but I always felt like they struggled slightly with wicking higher VG juices. No problems at all with the Doggies, and I've retired all my kayfuns including the v5 and mini v3. I need to order a couple more myself just to have a couple extras. I don't know if over hoarding these things is pointless though, because I'm sure sometime in the near future there will be another tank, that may just be slightly better. My wish would be tons of aftermarket options for the doggy just like there always was for the KFL's. If that was the case, I would probably order 20, and never look at another tank again honestly.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I've gotten extra tanks for the Doggy, and I should have plenty of o-rings, other than the post screws, shouldn't need anything else. I might try and find the screw size and order some better ones, with more flat area on the underside of the head.

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
It will take something mighty impressive to dethrone the Doggy from my perch. One year on and still the King of Kings.
That’s true, I’m not one to chase the latest and greatest, but if something similar came out that looked just as good, provided the same vape, had working top fill, and maybe had a slightly improved way to trap your coils I’m sure I’d give it a shot. Plus I wouldn’t want it much bigger, so that’s probably a long shot. Thought about giving the berserker mini a try, but I don’t really like the look at all, which I know sounds kinda silly but I appreciate a a good looking setup.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
And another Doggy joins the fray. 5 of em in use now. :)

Show off. LOL.

My new "approach" to the doggystyle is going to be just handing it to the husband when he's looking bored. I'm not proud, or at least not proud enough to state that I'm guessing that the husband going to be better at getting it up and running than ever will be. It certainly won't be WORSE, probably.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread