F7B08D1F-0704-4364-B618-03DE7B77D036.jpeg

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Couldn't wait until I got to the office. First impressions of the SXK version:
  • Great looking, unique tank
  • Love the short profile. This thing really holds 3.5 mil?? Looks tiny.
  • Very lightweight
  • Easy to build - wide, flat screw heads. Curious choice of flat vs. phillips, though. Did 28ga 316SS, 2.5mm, 0.67 ohm, 1.5mm above air intake,TC @ 10W/410F, .
  • Top fill would be nice, but seems easy enough so far. I do wonder about the durability of the threading on the (polycarb? acrylic?) tank.
  • Would be great to have a stop point on the AF ring.
  • Other than stray fibers potentially touching air hole (same as any atty), looks like there are no real potential leak points.
  • Not usually a fan of metal drip tips, but this is short enough that it's comfortable to rest the edge of the tank on the lower lip without accidentally hitting teeth with the tip. And surprisingly, the vape isn't too warm, even though the end of the drip tip is so close to the coil.
It's early, and my throat is typically not awake for a while, but wow - superb vape! Excellent TH & flavor, exactly what I've been looking for. This could dethrone, or at least split custody of my vape time with the KM3. I'm really liking this thing so far! I guess dawgs love their doggies!
upload_2018-2-15_7-27-51.png

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Couldn't wait until I got to the office. First impressions of the SXK version:
  • Great looking, unique tank
  • Love the short profile. This thing really holds 3.5 mil?? Looks tiny.
  • Very lightweight
  • Easy to build - wide, flat screw heads. Curious choice of flat vs. phillips, though. Did 28ga 316SS, 2.5mm, 0.67 ohm, 1.5mm above air intake,TC @ 10W/410F, .
  • Top fill would be nice, but seems easy enough so far. I do wonder about the durability of the threading on the (polycarb? acrylic?) tank.
  • Would be great to have a stop point on the AF ring.
  • Other than stray fibers potentially touching air hole (same as any atty), looks like there are no real potential leak points.
  • Not usually a fan of metal drip tips, but this is short enough that it's comfortable to rest the edge of the tank on the lower lip without accidentally hitting teeth with the tip. And surprisingly, the vape isn't too warm, even though the end of the drip tip is so close to the coil.
It's early, and my throat is typically not awake for a while, but wow - superb vape! Excellent TH & flavor, exactly what I've been looking for. This could dethrone, or at least split custody of my vape time with the KM3. I'm really liking this thing so far! I guess dawgs love their doggies!
View attachment 721263
Yes, if you want to run 'er for years to come get a .... load of backup tanks because I also suspect the threading will wear. Luckily, like the RTA itself, they are very affordable.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Yes, if you want to run 'er for years to come get a .... load of backup tanks because I also suspect the threading will wear. Luckily, like the RTA itself, they are very affordable.
You got a favorite replacement tank you'd recommend, Toolman?

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
Well... I finally jumped on the doggy bandwagon and got two with some acrylic replacement tanks.

At first I thought I broke it when I pulled the AF ring off when I tried to open it. Then I looked at a YT video and saw that I didn't.

Love the smooth and very flavorful vape. Great little MTL tank that will join my other two favorites in my daily rotation. :)

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
Finally got around to putting in my order for some SS wire to try TC for a change (and a 5 pack of replacement acrylic tanks). I have 3 Dogs, but I'm debating another purchase of a few more.

The only other tank that piques my interest right now is the Berserker Mini. But, I have the 24mm Berserker which I enjoy, so I can't see the Mini being much different...and the Doggy still beats the 24mm for my tobaccos (the only flavour profile I vape MTL).

Anywho...unless there's a major revolution in tank design and the way we vaporize eliquid, I just can't see anything beating this little tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread