SXK DOGGY STYLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
I've actually gotten pretty good at this! I haven't used my needle-nosed in over a week. I didn't realize we didn't need to tighten them up. :blush:

It's these little things that make me proud of myself. :D
It also saves on the threading on the tank itself if you do not tighten. Also filling this way saves your 510 threads as well.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
8450516c-5d5c-4890-8363-98ed30890c81-992cb1e1-eaa3-454d-ad52-7488a82bd040-v1.png

We ARE Vapers!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I do not need it but for those who do, new Doggy toy to open the tank. Video at the bottom of link.

DoggyToy – Noir et Rose

That is pretty dayum KOOL!

I CAN'T FIND THEM IN STOCK ANYWHERE! ;)

I need one of those in my life. :cool:

ahem. metoocoughmetoo ;)

A short video of how i fill my Doggies. (without actually filling.)

Loved that Dub. I've done my fills that way as well. One just ummm.... NEEDS to remember that it's done upside down. (how do I know this.... :facepalm: )

So a couple points. . . (<--- see what I did there?)

Not every Dogger is created equal. I've had some with easy on/easy off tank rings, and others that annoyed beyond annoyed.

Removing the base for me has been a breeze. I use the grippy and it's been easy as pie.

Lastly, for those who might own a Kabuki, the little allen tool worked a charm to use as a Doggy tool (to remove the base).

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Welp, my SS wire is waiting for me at the mailbox (and some replacement tanks). Looking forward to trying temp control. I vape at 8 watts normally with a 1.5 ohm coil, so I'm thinking I'll set my watts at 10 and temp at 350F to start...
Sounds right to me. That's almost exactly what I did, as a matter of fact, but with lower ohms. I was at 8W (28G- 2.5mm), and when I went to TC, I bumped to 10.5, and settled at a safe 410F. I used to use about 1.5 ohm, but kept working my way down to just less than 0.8 ohm. Tends to make the coil get to proper temp quicker, and keeps more of the coil directly above the air intake. But less than that just doesn't feel right somehow - not sure what it is, but less than 0.7 isn't as enjoyable. And doing it this way really helped me keep the flavor, but eliminate the priming puff.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Well now. Slight hiccup. I didn't realize it, but my main MTL mod- the Vaporesso Swag- only allows you to go as low as 30w in the temp control setting. Guess I'll dig out my slightly battered Pico 75 and give ArtiFfox a try.
Bummer. That's kind of weird, and 30W is pretty hot for mtl. I tried TC on my Aspire Zelos, but it seemed to ignore the watt settings. No matter what I put it at, it'd start really hot, and then felt like it almost just stopped when it reached temp. Not a nice vape at all, and pretty useless for TC. My Wismec Sinuous P80 is great at TC for such a low cost mod. Good luck!

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
Bummer. That's kind of weird, and 30W is pretty hot for mtl. I tried TC on my Aspire Zelos, but it seemed to ignore the watt settings. No matter what I put it at, it'd start really hot, and then felt like it almost just stopped when it reached temp. Not a nice vape at all, and pretty useless for TC. My Wismec Sinuous P80 is great at TC for such a low cost mod. Good luck!

I emailed Vaporesso (as others have according to a little google research) to suggest they update. Nothing will happen, probably, but ah well. In the process of getting ArticFox on my pico...

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
Off topic a bit, but to those with experience...

Have a 0.8ohm spaced SS in the Doggy now and articfox running on the pico. Set to 10W and 400F. I notice while vaping "protection" will come on the screen. It doesn't seem to affect the vape quality, so is this normal? In other words, is this limiting the temp like it should, or is this something else?

Need to do a little more reading/research I guess....

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL

Have a 0.8ohm spaced SS in the Doggy now and articfox running on the pico. Set to 10W and 400F. I notice while vaping "protection" will come on the screen. It doesn't seem to affect the vape quality, so is this normal? In other words, is this limiting the temp like it should, or is this something else?

I don't use AF, but on my mod, this just means that you reached the specified temp, and it's just pulsing the wattage to keep it at the 400W you set. I believe it's just letting you know it's doing its job. You can confirm by setting it much higher and lower to test.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016

That is exactly what it should do.You are fine.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Thanks, folks!

You are all right, of course...Had to read between the lines on their forums, but that's what I found. I'm sure most newbies made the same mistake. "protection" is pretty poor wording, actually. lol
So the Pico at those settings with the Doggy is working for you? I'm really used to TC now- so much better.

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
Now, on my Pico 25 (not the 75W above), the behaviour is quite different...

On the 75W it gets to the 400f quickly. On the Pico 25, it only gets as high as 250F or so...in that case, It's acting like a 10W vape in wattage mode. This is why I always found TC confusing (is it actually regulating the temp or just monitoring the temp to make sure the cotton doesn't burn..etc?)...anyway, I'll read some more and not destroy this thread further. lol

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
The secret is to just tighten them until they stop then a minute bit more.After awhile it becomes second nature.
Just rebuilt the doggy again this am, and it reminded me to thank you Dub.
You were right, of course - I think we cause ourselves trouble by worrying about leaks, and overtightening the tank to the base. There's no reason to, since it isn't holding any great pressure or anything. You only need to tighten it to the point of secure contact with oring, nothing more. Your advice made it easier to rebuild without a screwdriver in hand.:thumb:

After spending a couple of weeks with this tank, I still really do like it. In all honesty, it doesn't quite match flavor & TH of my KM3's, but very close - closer than anything else I've tried. And it is a great vape, nonetheless, as well as all the other advantages. I'm thinking of trying the SJMY version, with its slighly greater airflow, just to see if I like it that way the same or better.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
I am glad it is working out for you. I use the SJMY during the day with lower nicotine and the SXK at night with higher nicotine. If you have not tried it stick a 2.0 mm id coil in there.Seems to me to give better flavor and throat hit than anything higher.I also found i needed higher nicotine than my Kayfuns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread