SXK DOGGY STYLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I think I’ll order an SJMY one. Seems the “starter kit” is the tank and the spare tubes.

Now if only I can figure what is PMMA and acrylic. Oh well.
Here's a link that compares them - maybe info overkill, but it's something:Acrylic vs. Polycarbonate: a Quantitative and Qualitative Comparison –

And there's this from a fasttech forum:
upload_2018-3-6_12-51-24.png

But I got the polycarb, because I like clear and don't use tank cracker juices anyway. And it's what came with my SXK.:)

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Here's a link that compares them - maybe info overkill, but it's something:Acrylic vs. Polycarbonate: a Quantitative and Qualitative Comparison –

And there's this from a Fasttech forum:
View attachment 727497

But I got the polycarb, because I like clear and don't use tank cracker juices anyway. And it's what came with my SXK.:)
No mention in there about BPA and PC and that should also be considered when choosing, just so the consumer is informed:
Bisphenol A is released from polycarbonate drinking bottles and mimics the neurotoxic actions of estrogen in developing cerebellar neurons

My understanding was that juice crackers usually crack PC but not acrylic but I'm sure there are all types of combinations and chemical reactions that may occur depending on the juice.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Tmi. I’ll get pmma and buy pc extras.
I use the Acrylic now on all my doggies.They seem sturdier. I found the PC tanks fit the SXK fine but not the SJMY version. Something to bear in mind if you are ordering the SJMY. For some bizarre reason the acrylic fits both versions fine.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yeah, I'm not convinced on the dangers of BPA but with options for acrylic or glass I'll take those first if the option is there, just to be safe(r) as @Katdarling says :)

I just don't use juices that crack plastic tanks. To be safe(er). :lol: Seriously, if some component in my juice is capable of dissolving plastic, I don't want it in my lungs. ;)

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I just don't use juices that crack plastic tanks. To be safe(er). :lol: Seriously, if some component in my juice is capable of dissolving plastic, I don't want it in my lungs. ;)
I don't use juice crackers either but BPA and juice cracking are 2 separate issues.

BPA leeches out of PC regardless of the type of juice.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Yeah, I'm not convinced on the dangers of BPA but with options for acrylic or glass I'll take those first if the option is there, just to be safe(r) as @Katdarling says :)

Capital R, dahlink. ;)

And I'm with ya. I love the look of the PC, but I'll take glass first, and PmmA second.

That's a lie. I'll take what looks best any day. :lol:

Here's hoping you don't eat Subway samiches!

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
But, but, but...

Oh, nevermind.

Moving on > > >

Possibly valuable info? Tis not for me to decide.

BPA Is Just As Dangerous As It Never Was | American Council on Science and Health

This is a tough one, sweets.

"Overall, the study found "minimal effects" for the BPA-dosed groups of rodents."

I am not a rodent, nor do I play one on TV. Seriously, tho, a statement from our FDA does not courage inspire.
This one may very well be 'buyer beware' and 'better safe than sorry', tho I must admit to not knowing.

As is the case with most things that are yet unsure....... moderation. At least that's what my Gramma always said.

Okay, glad you two are getting along...last thing we need is a Kat fight in a Doggy thread!;)

Oh my!!!! I don't fight with the Other Kat! I would not dare. (she'd kick my rodential cracker)

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread