Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm the one in the box, aren't I. :facepalm:

You know what they say, sometimes you're the one in the box, sometimes you're the one sitting on top of the box. Philosophically speaking, of course. ;)

Good to see you'all again! :)

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
I just ordered my first sxk doggystyle, I feel like I’m about to join some exclusive club!

I’m all seriousness, I found a wire I LOVE, and ordered a bunch, so I figured I would add a doggy to see what all this talk is about.

I will only be able to compare it to the innokin Ares, looking forward to it!

As for wire, I’ve been using the vandyvape superfine MTL wire (it’s just a fused Clapton, 30x2, 38). Will there be any problem fitting a 3mm ID, 6 wrap in the doggy?

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Just my opinion but a 3 mm id coil is way to big for the Doggy. I recommend 2.0 id. The airflow under the coil is only 1.6 mm Any reason you need 3 mm? You will love this atty. maybe try the build you like but with a smaller id. I find you need the coil quite low in this atty, right between the screws. A 3 mm coil besides not getting enough air will be very tight for clearance. Good luck and i hope you get the pleasure from the Doggie that i do!

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
@Dubminer i actually just changed from a 2.5mm to a 3mm ID on the ares due to the incredible amount of condensation I was getting under my drip tip and around the top using a 2.5mm ID.

I have plenty of wire to try different builds. So far, I find I’m building for the atty, and not for a certain preference!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Besides, unless I'm mistaken, it's "All y'all" (more than two people). I'm no expert though... :)
No, the 'all' is already included. No need for an extra all. Y'all = all of you. All you all is redundant.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I use 2mm ID round wire 28g coils on my Doggies. The largest I can get in there is 2.25mm. It has to fit between the screws so it can sit just above the airflow. There is simply no room for anything larger. Fabulous flavor when set that way.

I also have the Ares, just got it yesterday. I am impressed so far and have had no problems once I got the o-rings properly seated. I keep reading comments about problems with the Ares but, so far, I have not seen any. I think they addressed the problems in this latest run. The condensation you speak of is not on mine. Could be a difference in the juice we are using.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I just ordered my first sxk doggystyle, I feel like I’m about to join some exclusive club!

I’m all seriousness, I found a wire I LOVE, and ordered a bunch, so I figured I would add a doggy to see what all this talk is about.

I will only be able to compare it to the Innokin Ares, looking forward to it!

As for wire, I’ve been using the vandyvape superfine MTL wire (it’s just a fused Clapton, 30x2, 38). Will there be any problem fitting a 3mm ID, 6 wrap in the doggy?
I run a 2.25 kanthal about 1.4ohms w AFC closed almost completely off, tight draw.

For your tobacco vapes, which I know you love :), I think you will love the flavor on the doggy.

The Berserker, the doggy and the GP Spheroid are all I'm running these days w almost exclusively tobacco vapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread