The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SXK DOGGY STYLE

Discussion in 'RTA' started by SKYYcamel, Jul 3, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Variety IS the spice of vaping. Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    If it's working for you, I'd not change a thing (but I guess that's kinda obvious). ;)

Mine came in a large package from FT. Yes, I am THAT lazy (of a vaper). :vapor:

Sometimes I get in the mood to twist a few up, but like once a year or sumpin'. :lol:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  2. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I've got seven running (two vapers), and no shorts yet. It's only been six months or so though, so there's still time.

I'll definitely let y'all (ALL y'all too!) know! :laugh:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Oops, long day (where is that head slap emoji?). You're right, I believe Mr. @Nailz is the one that's able to shoehorn a large exotic into a doggy!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Katdarling

Katdarling Bling Kween and spreadsheet monster. ;) Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Hi lovie dovies. I just read the last three pages.

In my dogglettes, I've got........ I HAVE NO IDEA, and they're all (yall) GREAT!

head spin.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    If I didn't use these goofy things, I'd might end up building a wick with a sock into a paper clip by mistake.

Hmmm - could start a new trend, nows that I think about it.

GoofyGlasses_20180308_195440.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    :thumbs: :lol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Nailz

Nailz Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Not large exotic clapton, just simple single clapton using thin wire, so good for MTL, tried one out a few years ago, and got hooked on them due to much better flavor, now a normal single wire coil is just muted to me.

The one downfall with using the clapton in the doggy, is it does get pretty warm when chain vaping, due to a clapton heating up more.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Dang skippy on DAT! :headbang:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. vapdivrr

vapdivrr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Yep mine are kind of similar. ..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  10. vapdivrr

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Hey guys I ordered some spare doggy tanks and I just noticed the spares don't have that metal top ring, the ring that the drip tip snaps into and that the chimney threads. Did I buy wrong ones or does that piece snap out, in which case I would have to snap it out on my working one and use it on the replacement tank? Looks like it glued in perhaps?

• Like Like x 3
  11. sk25411

sk25411 Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    After trying the clapton in my ares, I haven’t been able to vape single wire since. The flavor is THAT much better for sure.

Hoping the vandyvape wire fits in the doggy!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Katdarling

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    You are correct, Mr. divrr. The spare tanks do not come with the top ring. That ring unscrews from the chim(a)ney, and does not "pop out". It's part of the entire tank. The replacement tanks are only the tanks, nothing more.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Nailz

Nailz Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    What gauge wire is the vandyvape wire? I use 36k/28k single core Clapton wire from lightning vapes.

• Like Like x 1
  14. vapdivrr

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I'm not following kat...so if my doggy tank cracks, how would I use the replacement? Are you saying that ring unscrews from the top of the plastic tank?

• Like Like x 3
  15. Dubminer

Dubminer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    The ring unscrews from the chimney and does also come off the tank. Sometimes it is a little stuck for the first time but it does come off fine. If it is a little stuck just soak it in hot water or screw the chimney in once removed upside down from the outside of the tank. Like you were putting in the drip tip but with the chimney upside down, thread it wiggle it and it will come straight off the tank.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Katdarling

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    @Dubminer said it best, and completely. Yes, if your dog tank cracks, you'd simply use the replacement tank (sans chimney and top ring). That ring DOES unscrew from the top of the tank.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Chodi

Chodi Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 10, 2016
    I finally got my SXK Doggy today. I have 2 of the SJMY Doggies and just wanted to see the difference. They are pretty different. The SXK airflow hole is 1.6mm compared to the SJMY at 2.3mm. What that does is to make the airflow ring on the SXK superfluous. Unless you want to close it way down so that you are trying to suck a golf ball through a straw I don't see the point. You are limited to the 1.6mm airflow on the deck.

There are other differences. The SXK comes with a clear plastic tank that looks classy. The SJMY comes with a foggy tank than doesn't look so classy but is totally functional. The SJMY tank also becomes more clear with use? I have no idea why. You can close the airflow ring on the SJMY to get the same vape as the SXK. The build decks are nearly identical except for the airflow hole. The build quality of the SXK looks like it might be better overall quality (just from aesthetics and machining). I did not care for the supplied drip tip on the SXK even though I use a lot of ss driptips. That is just a personal thing. I put in one of my own.

I think overall the SXK and the SJMY are able to perform equally with a plus to the SJMY for those wanting a little more open airflow. For me, the airflow on the SXK is just about right for a good mtl draw. The SXK also will put out a lot of vapor for a 1.6mm draw (probably about the same draw as the Berserker). I also notice that the SXK has an o-ring on the deck to seal the tank where on the SJMY there is none. I have never had a leak on either of my SJMY's so I guess it is not needed there. I do not think there is any difference in flavor between these tanks with the same build. They both work well in tc if that is your thing.

I would be interested to know how either of these compare to the original? If anyone knows I would love to see your post.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. vapdivrr

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Gotcha....thanks kat

• Like Like x 2
  19. vapdivrr

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Appreciate that my friend.

• Like Like x 3
  20. sk25411

sk25411 Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    I’m not a pro at all when it comes to building, or vaping for that matter, I’m still on my first RTA. The details for the wire I’ll just copy/paste haha.

I got a 10’ spool on sale for around $2 a while back and never tried it until a few weeks ago, and now I’m hooked. I ordered 10’ off eBay in both the the SS and the ni80 for $5 ea, free shipping.

Product Features:

• SS316L Fused Clapton
      • 2.37 Ohms per Foot
      • 30ga x 2(=)+38ga
    • Ni80 Fused Clapton
      • 3.5 Ohms per foot
      • 30ga x 2(=)+38ga

• Like Like x 4