SXK DOGGY STYLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Hey all, went through a tank with my clapton, so tossed in a single wire coil last night to keep testing.

I’m getting liquid build up under the drip tip with both builds. It’s not enough to cause leaking anywhere, more of an annoyance than anything. Anyone know the cause of this?

The current build is a 28g kanthal, 2mm ID, 8 wraps spaced, 1.2 ohm. vaping a @14w.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Hey all, went through a tank with my clapton, so tossed in a single wire coil last night to keep testing.

I’m getting liquid build up under the drip tip with both builds. It’s not enough to cause leaking anywhere, more of an annoyance than anything. Anyone know the cause of this?

The current build is a 28g kanthal, 2mm ID, 8 wraps spaced, 1.2 ohm. Vaping a @14w.
Are you using the stock metal drip tip it comes with? If so try a non metal one.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I have that S Body DNA75 (it is the old chip). It was amazingly cheap. You better be ready to do a complete set up using Escribe as mine came in a default mode that did not work properly at all until I did that. I own a Lost Vape DNA75 so I had some prior experience. Without that I would have been lost. I do not believe S Body does any setup on the devices before sending them out.

I should mention that the mod is fine once you get it setup. I use it in my daily rotation. Got it about 3 weeks ago. Nice build but took me hours with Escribe to get it where I wanted.

It's an older s body 40 watt. Got them maybe a couple years for about 30 dollars on sale. Great little mod, just don't drop them
aada067e565b3b0b4b0dc4aaaa9a263a.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Wow, didn't expect that kind of end overhang. Almost went with the HCigar VT75 nano, but didn't because of the fiddly battery cap, and greater length. Plus, it seemed to have more issues than S Body, but maybe because they sold a lot more.
Oh well, still doesn't look too bad, and I'm looking forward to a DNA TC vape.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Wow, didn't expect that kind of end overhang. Almost went with the HCigar VT75 nano, but didn't because of the fiddly battery cap, and greater length. Plus, it seemed to have more issues than S Body, but maybe because they sold a lot more.
Oh well, still doesn't look too bad, and I'm looking forward to a DNA TC vape.
Yes just a slight overhang on the front, but flush on sides. I think if the afc ring was removed it would be flush...I also had the vct nano and I personally like the size, weight, and feel of the sbody, but in terms of sturdyness, the vct is a much more solid mod, but it's also bigger and heavier. Maybe the sbody 75 watts are build a little better, I really don't know, but the older one I have is a bit tiny. I bought 4 a while ago and had issues with 2 of them. One the door just never snapped in properly and the other one dropped and was never right after that. The other 2 are working perfectly except for some reason I put in an 18650 that's slightly longer. If I use a vct 4 it's the perfect lenght, but a couple of my other batteries must be slightly longer and it somehow messes with the fire button. I think it's because the whole compartment area is so tight, once something applies pressure a certain way, the board moves or something. ...

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl

The current build is a 28g kanthal, 2mm ID, 8 wraps spaced, 1.2 ohm. Vaping a @14w.
In my experience it can be a couple things, one you might not have enough wicking material in the channels, or if your coil is perhaps to low and narrow. If you have a narrow coil the wick underneath , right where it exits last wrap can kind of trickle down and get into airhole. Or it can be an oring issue or the top ring, where the chimney screws into , is loose. First I would look and see if the chimney is tightened to the top ring and also check that oring out. If that's good and tight and that oring is good, check out the bottom oring and make sure you don't over tighten the tank after a refill. If all that is good, then perhaps it's the other 2 things.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
I can’t see how wicking, build or o rings in the tank will effect moisture under the drip tip. To me it is condensation caused by one of a few possibilities. Maybe a combination of metal on metal drip tip, o rings on the drip tip not being air tight allowing vape to get under the drip tip and not all exiting the tank. I had the same problem, especially with the stock ones. Now i use POM or Teflon. I think besides a better seal against metal they are cooler and way more comfortable. I also just before every fill up remove the drip tip. Then i screw up a piece of kitchen towel and clean out the place where the drip tip connects with the tank. Replace with a cleaned drip tip i am good to go. Problem solved before it has time to occur.

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL

Yeah, the bottom o-ring won't affect it at all. If it were the top o-ring, it'd flat out leak. You're creating vapor (vapor essentially is condensation) no matter what build you use. An ill-fitting drip tip would be the most likely issue. Especially if it doesn't seat all the way down on the ledge, it would give a little room for the vapor to collect under it, no way around it.

On other potential contributor: This hasn't caused issues for me, but I can see how it might. I found with the small chimney, if I use rayon and trim the top part of the wick instead of the bottom, the "short hairs" can make contact with the bell, especially if you're not careful screwing on the tank. Then if you lay the tank on its side, it'd be possible for a little juice to run up under the drip tip. Here's what mine does sometimes with top-trimmed rayon when I unscrew it:
upload_2018-3-12_9-37-52.png

You can see how it would be making contact with the chimney/bell, and give juice a path to travel up to the top, under the drip tip. Especially if you're doing a larger build. Still not a big deal to me, though. I've been using the KF Prime tip, which fits and seats completely, so there's no room underneath. And a quick wipe when filling would take care of it anyway.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
The juice is definitely condensation, it happens on my Ares as well, when I use a nautilus 2 drip tip, it just doesn’t seat perfectly. Still a great vape though.

I’m still giving the doggy a shot, gonna try some more builds. However, it’s going to be tough going against the Ares with a 3mm fused clapton. I have REALLY been enjoying the flavor from the build.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I can’t see how wicking, build or o rings in the tank will effect moisture under the drip tip. To me it is condensation caused by one of a few possibilities. Maybe a combination of metal on metal drip tip, o rings on the drip tip not being air tight allowing vape to get under the drip tip and not all exiting the tank. I had the same problem, especially with the stock ones. Now i use POM or Teflon. I think besides a better seal against metal they are cooler and way more comfortable. I also just before every fill up remove the drip tip. Then i screw up a piece of kitchen towel and clean out the place where the drip tip connects with the tank. Replace with a cleaned drip tip i am good to go. Problem solved before it has time to occur.
It depends on how much is pooling. If it's just cindensation, then just about every tank does that, but if its to a point where your getting some gurgling (which I kind of took it that way from the post) then it definitely can be wicking or oring seal. Guess I read to much into it, glad you were here to straighten it out

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
The juice is definitely condensation, it happens on my Ares as well, when I use a nautilus 2 drip tip, it just doesn’t seat perfectly. Still a great vape though.

I’m still giving the doggy a shot, gonna try some more builds. However, it’s going to be tough going against the Ares with a 3mm fused clapton. I have REALLY been enjoying the flavor from the build.
I Thought it was coming up as you vape, kind of a gurgle. If the only way you really know it's there is by removing dt, then it's simple condensation and isn't all those things I mentioned

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Has anyone here used the Doggy Style and the Nautilus 2? I'm curious how they compare in terms of flavor. I like the airflow of the N2 (0.7 coils with airflow all the way open) so I'd be going with the SJMY version.
The doggy produces better flavor. It is no contest.

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Has anyone here used the Doggy Style and the Nautilus 2? I'm curious how they compare in terms of flavor. I like the airflow of the N2 (0.7 coils with airflow all the way open) so I'd be going with the SJMY version.
Yes, Nautilus 2 was my first tank this go around. For a beginner MTL vaper, using a factory coil, it's great. But Chodi is right. Many other RTA's are better than the N2, and I think the Doggy is better than those. Worlds apart in the quality of vape, and I believe you'll find it as easy to use as any RTA.
If you don't have one, I'd recommend you get a little Coilmaster jig, some 316L 28ga, and build a 7-8 wrap 2mm id coil, with KGD, Cotton Bacon, or wick of your choice. You'll love it!

kinda

Aug 24, 2017
Yes, Nautilus 2 was my first tank this go around. For a beginner MTL vaper, using a factory coil, it's great. But Chodi is right. Many other RTA's are better than the N2, and I think the Doggy is better than those. Worlds apart in the quality of vape, and I believe you'll find it as easy to use as any RTA.
If you don't have one, I'd recommend you get a little Coilmaster jig, some 316L 28ga, and build a 7-8 wrap 2mm id coil, with KGD, Cotton Bacon, or wick of your choice. You'll love it!

Okay cool I've got most of that stuff already, except my 28g wire is Kanthal. I'm debating on getting some SS316L though, provided that my Pico with Arctic Fox will be good enough to do temp control.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Lol, I haven't even vaped mine yet the first one I got was possessed (and I have a fine motor tremor) but even without vaping it, I'm pretty certain the flavor is better than the N2 (which I have vaped).

I wouldn't call it the easiest build of all time, but to be fair, I ordered my first one pretty early in my vaping journey, and my skills have increased since then, and my main problem was the flat head screws, but I received a "special" screwdriver (the husband made it) that should solve my problem. The reviews of flavor made me feel it would be worth another go (I did try later on, only to find my build deck vanished). But, I can pretty much guarantee that it's better for flavor than then N2, I have other drop in coils that are better than the N2.

With that said, do not be scared off by my experience, my results were pretty atypical (I'm pretty sure my first tank was ;possessed) and reports were favorable enough for me to order another and hope for better results. It's also pretty inexpensive for what it delivers.

Best of luck, most people find it super easy to build, honest.

Anna

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Holy crap the doggy has been vaping incredibly the past few days.

Tossed in a vandyvape superfine MTL NI80 fused clapton, 2mm ID, 6 wrap, contact, .65 ohm.

Took a tank or so, but the flavor is freaking ON POINT! Amazing throat hit, and killer draw. Using Purilum Sweet Tobacco 7%/ FW butterscotch ripple 3%.

No sign of leaking anywhere on this bad boy. Minor condensation under the drip tip, but I’m used to that.

Loving the doggy!

PS. Where do you guys buy spare orings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread