Status
Not open for further replies.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Well darn I clicked the order button for 3 gold ones this morning. At least I also ordered 3 of the standard SXK doggy's as well. Can you tell me what problems you have experienced with a plated deck, and what I should look out for?
Basically, for me, I don't want any paint, coating, plastic, etc. Close to where the coil is. Just don't like the idea of paint being that close to that level of heat.

You could potentially sand off the paint or coating.

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
I'm not Toolman (but maybe when I grow up!;)).
But as I recall, there was interest, and it seemed a few recommended against it because it was a no-name clone, and some had fear of the coatings. I don't believe anyone ever mentioned actually ordering it in this thread.

At the time, there was only one gold one, and now there are 2. One reviewer said, and I quote:
"хорошая база нормальная тугая затяжка покрытие винты"
So take that for what it's worth.

Actually, there's 3 positive reviews on one, and one on the other. But hey, for about a sawbuck....If you like gold, I'd say it's worth a try!
"хорошая база нормальная тугая затяжка покрытие винты", according to Google, translates as "good base normal tight tightening cover screws". Words to live by... :facepalm:

I figure it will be some time, like a considerable amount of time before I have those little golden doggy's in hand, but I'll post my experience with them. There are surprisingly few YouTube videos on this tank (in any color) in native english. Seems to get little exposure with the vaping "community" overall. I would not even have heard of it except for this forum.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I use these,been great for over a year.Just make sure whatever you get to only use them for cutting your wicks.

https://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-5-In...rd_wg=ASD6v&psc=1&refRID=TFV5BVHFPQE8ZGD961BE

These are the preslicely ones I use, and I love 'em. GMTA, Dubz.

@Celt1, @Katdarling, @Brewdawg1181 - here was our orig conversation on it:

SXK DOGGY STYLE
SXK DOGGY STYLE
SXK DOGGY STYLE

Basically, the coating on the deck is the issue... deck and chimney need to be SS for me, I won't use any atty that has coating on the deck or in the chimney.

Thank you, T Tex! yep yep yep - the plating.

(but the Gold IS really nice looking!)

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Here is something I ran across on another forum:
Pocket.jpg

I thought I would take one for all of us Dog lovers. You will notice the paw print. This is a SXK clone of a tank produced by an Asian company not the same as the original Doggy producer in France. I thought it interesting that it had the Paw print. I watched a video on this and then ordered one just because I am compulsive and a true Dog lover. I wonder if anyone else has seen or had this tank? Full disclosure I ordered from 3F Vape where they have it on a crazy sale.
SXK Pocket Style RTA Silver 316SS 3ml 22mm Rebuildable Tank Atomizer

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
That´s in fact not a clone of the Animodz doggy, but more of the Yellowkiss Pico V2 rta which is another 200 USD original. You can get the SXK clone at Fasttech too. Some very mixed review there about it, some reports about gurgling and lreaking when not wicked correctly... not really MTL since the air port below the coil is quite large in diameter. The glass tank is tempting, though...

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
That´s in fact not a clone of the Animodz doggy, but more of the Yellowkiss Pico V2 rta which is another 200 USD original. You can get the SXK clone at Fasttech too. Some very mixed review there about it, some reports about gurgling and lreaking when not wicked correctly... not really MTL since the air port below the coil is quite large in diameter. The glass tank is tempting, though...
Built properly, the pico is an incredible RTA... although, it's a complete pita and an all around stupid design. The hassle was avoidable and the end result doesn't quite justify the means..... IMO

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
For 8 bucks I just had to give it a try. Top fill and glass tank caught my attention along with the paw print. I have become very fond of my doggies.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
That is actually a clone of the Pocket RTA by Crafter's Den and not the Yellowkiss Pico V2.
The Pocket RTA from Crafters Den

Pico V2 clone here:
SXK Pico V2 Style RTA Silver 316SS 3ml 22mm Rebuildable Tank Atomizer

The design is similar on both but Pico has a plastic chimney.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Settled on a build and the doggys have been pretty much exclusive for the past week. Great little attys. Battery life is phenomenal and my juice consumption is down 75%. Upped my nic to 10mg and I'm a happy vaper.
Wow- down 75%....wondering what atty you were using before?

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Wow- down 75%....wondering what atty you were using before?
If it was a tank, hurricane v1.3 wide open, but usually I was using mechanical squonkers with NarDAs or NarCAs. All dtl, all with the same build....6 wraps of 24ga SS spaced. I made a change to MTL and 27ga kanthal...

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Welp, aside from the paw print, I didn't really see the likelihood that this is/was a dogger clone, @Chodi.

Top fill? 3 a/f holes? Doesn't really look like it? Do let us know your thoughts on it, and if it does kompare/kontrast.

Thank you for the subsequent info, guys.

Happy Bow Wows all around~

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Oops pressed the red X by mistake! Wish that was at the end! I was trying to Like or Agree because that’s what I’ve been using.

I've always kinda liked the red X's. Kat and I had a contest going for a while, for who could collect the most.

True story, and I won. :lol:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I've always kinda liked the red X's. Kat and I had a contest going for a while, for who could collect the most.

True story, and I won. :lol:

Lol! I like it too except when I press it by accident which happens A LOT especially when using my phone grrrr

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Lol! I like it too except when I press it by accident which happens A LOT especially when using my phone grrrr

It happens to me too. I know people get funny so I go back and change them.

The Age of Sensitivity is (sadly) upon us. Me? I choose to :lol: instead.

"RED-X ME, BAYBEES!" :banana::thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread