SXK DOGGY STYLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Just ordered two more SXK Doggy's and some extra tanks. I love this RTA so much!
Yes i get you, the Doggystyle is all i use now. I use a SJMY Doggy during the day and a SXK Doggy at night.I think i now have 6 SXK's and 4 SJMY's. Also around 20 spare tanks and some Peek insulators.I plan on ordering a few more as well. Best atty ever for me!

Reactions: bigbob2322

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
Guys,
I need a bit of advice. I´ve been using my SXK Doggy mainly for vaping NETs (naturally extracted tobacco liquids 50/50) and the tank gives me a great taste, but the problem I´m having is that I need to replace the cotton after every tank I vape... it starts tasting bad (like an old filled ashtray smells) after one tank. I use a fairly simple setup: Kanthal A1 0,32 mm single wire coil with around 1,5 ohms (2,5 mm diameter) and japan organic cotton.
I know that due to the particles in the NET vaping this liquid generates residue on the coild and cotton more easily, but I guess it should last at least 2-3 tanks... Should I go for a 3 mm diameter coil? Should I shorten the ends of the cotton to not go to the bottom of the base?

Thanks for your thoughts!
K.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Reactions: Kusie

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
So I got myself some rayon (ordered via Amazon and expected a small package and received a HUGE 1 KG pack of rayon that will probably last for two vaper lives LOL ) and tried it.
It seems that the wick may last longer with rayon but the taste is off somehow ... all my nets tasted much better with cotton. Really don´t know how to go from here, will continue to use that build but might go back. We´ll see.
K.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Btw, does anyone use the Doggy in TC mode with an SS 316 coil? Does that work for you? I´ve tried it on an iStick Pico 75W and it was a desaster. I made a 3 mm microcoil with 28GA SS316 wire and 0.8 ohms. Unable to get stable results even after locking resistance.
I use 2 all day every day in TC,works perfectly. One 30 GA 2 mm 316 L at 0.91 ohms and one 28 GA 2 mm 316 L at 0.82 ohms. Both are slightly spaced and run on DNA 60 and DNA 75's.I never need to lock the resistance,very stable.I have also used on a pico without any problems.

Rcon

Aug 11, 2016
@Kusie To be honest in my experience dry burning and changing the wick every 3-5ml for NET's is not unusual as NET's (no matter how well they are initially filtered) are known to be coil gunkers, and especially so if the NET has added sweetener, deserts etc. I have tried dozens of tanks over the years and it has always been this way. So, I really don't think you are doing anything wrong at all. It's just the way it is with NET's.

I think you may get a little more wick time if you vape at higher watts than most of us MTL vapers typically do, but I've never vaped oved 15 watts so I am only guessing on that one.

I use cotton bacon v2 for NET's as it has no break in time whatsoever and the flavour is there from the first vape, which is important if you are only going to get one tankful per wick. The pouch looks small for the money but it does last quite a long time and worth the money to me for the reason stated.

The good news is that the Doggy is the simplest tank I have ever used for rebuilding and it takes but a few minutes to quickly dryburn and re-wick. I currently have 4 Doggys on the go and re-wick them every morning during my first coffee. It's a small price to pay to maintain that great natural flavour.

Vaping is so variable and ultimately subjective so everyones experiences and opinions differ with the same equipment. For this reason I stopped posting on vaping forums a long time ago, but I saw your message and just felt I had to answer. My advice though, stop worrying, change your wick every tank and continue to enjoy your NET at its best.

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
OK another question: I always struggle fixing a new coil under those two screws, the wire is going off almost every time I try to fix it with the screws. Other atomizers have little metal plates under the screw to avoid that and helping to fix/trap the wire under the screw.. would it be possible to add those from another atomizer to the doggy?

I mean something like in this picture.
Thanks,
K.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
OK another question: I always struggle fixing a new coil under those two screws, the wire is going off almost every time I try to fix it with the screws. Other atomizers have little metal plates under the screw to avoid that and helping to fix/trap the wire under the screw.. would it be possible to add those from another atomizer to the doggy?

I mean something like in this picture.
Thanks,
K.
Go to 4.50 mins. on this video,that is how i trap the wire.Really easy method.

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
I went ahead and grabbed myself a pair of these RTAs since I was ordering some other things (and they're so cheap, which is awesome), and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. I'm a noob to building my own coils, so the smaller build deck made things slightly challenging at first, but after only a few builds I feel like I've got the hang of it. It's a solid tank that has great taste, and my favorite thing about it is the size. It fits on my tiny little iStick Mini, and I can take it anywhere and no one even notices when I'm using it because the entire setup literally fits in the palm of my hand.

Thanks for the great thread y'all, you talked me into this great purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread