SXK DOGGY STYLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
I threw one of these tanks on a fasttech order as an afterthought due to the price. I was ordering what I really wanted: the Coppervape Skyline clone. When I got both, I set the Doggystyle aside immediately never planning to use it as the design disappointed me. Gave in and tried it a few days later...since then, the little guy has been my go to tank with all my others, including the Skyline, sitting unused. lol

The utter simplicity of the tank won me over...and the vape quality/flavour. I have a Berserker arriving shortly, so we'll see if that can knock the Doggystyle off my mod....

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Also found this ultem with top fill from a Korean custom manufacturer... about $100 to get to the states so not going to happen but would love a mass produced version LOL:
212E153458EDA61C09ADC2

275BC13858EDA634124083

2203E83858EDA637155C07

G2Custom Doggy 2k16 상부주입 울템경통 리뷰.

The company is G2Customs and they are on FB and answered my inquiry to cost.

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
Has anyone realized how long the wick are lasting in the Doggystyle? I just realized I haven't changed my wicks in about a month and they still vape great and look great also.

Mine are normal. But, I vape a tobacco that just destroys wicks. I Usually need to rewick every 1-2 days.

Rcon

Aug 11, 2016
Has anyone realized how long the wick are lasting in the Doggystyle? I just realized I haven't changed my wicks in about a month and they still vape great and look great also.

I change the wick on my four tanks pretty much every tankful, but I also vape NET tobaccos at low watts (10W) so they are quick to gunk up (it's why I have four tanks constantly in use). I have noticed that the condition of the used wicks is not too bad in the Doggy compared to the Kayfuns, but it is the coil that is the problem and I don't like the idea of vaping on a black and gunked coil even if the flavour still seems to be ok. My RY4D juice will last a lot longer than the NETs, but I still tend to swap it out every two tankfuls or so as I prefer the fresh taste anyway.

The great thing about the Doggy is that it is so quick and easy to rewick it, and I can do all four tanks in the time it takes to drink my first coffee pretty much. I used to spend ages fussing over the Kayfuns until I was happy I had nailed it.

I have 11 Kayfuns (mini v3's and 5's), all in a box at the moment. I was considering buying the new Prime but I doubt I will now as I just can't see how it can be a better tank than the Doggy for flavour and ease of use. The Doggy just nails it and such a simple design too.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
I change the wick on my four tanks pretty much every tankful, but I also vape NET tobaccos at low watts (10W) so they are quick to gunk up (it's why I have four tanks constantly in use). I have noticed that the condition of the used wicks is not too bad in the Doggy compared to the Kayfuns, but it is the coil that is the problem and I don't like the idea of vaping on a black and gunked coil even if the flavour still seems to be ok. My RY4D juice will last a lot longer than the NETs, but I still tend to swap it out every two tankfuls or so as I prefer the fresh taste anyway.

The great thing about the Doggy is that it is so quick and easy to rewick it, and I can do all four tanks in the time it takes to drink my first coffee pretty much. I used to spend ages fussing over the Kayfuns until I was happy I had nailed it.

I have 11 Kayfuns (mini v3's and 5's), all in a box at the moment. I was considering buying the new Prime but I doubt I will now as I just can't see how it can be a better tank than the Doggy for flavour and ease of use. The Doggy just nails it and such a simple design too.
Sounds the same as me. I have been using the Doggy Style exclusively for 6 months while i shelved all my 10 KF V5's. My wicks and coils last ages and my coils stay the same resistance for months. This tank is that good i have stopped looking for anything else.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I just got my SXK Doggy from FT. I can't seem to separate the metal ring (that holds the chimney in place) from the plastic bell cap. It's supposed to just lift off the plastic, right? I tried screwing in the chimney from the outside, so I could get a good grip on it, and I pulled until the plastic made little "tink! tink!" noises. I don't see any cracks in the plastic, but I was scared to pull any harder. Any ideas?

EDIT: Ah, crisis averted. It came off after a hot water bath, with a good solid tug, and the plastic looks to have made it through alright.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigbob2322

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
It's threaded... jump to 1:20 in this vid:

The metal ring threads onto the metal chimney -- the plastic bell cap is sandwiched in between them, but it stayed rather stubbornly attached to the ring, even after the threading was undone.

As noted in my edit, I was able to release it after a hot water bath by threading the chimney on from the other end (from the top, outside the tank) and giving it a good solid tug.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
The metal ring threads onto the metal chimney -- the plastic bell cap is sandwiched in between them, but it stayed rather stubbornly attached to the ring, even after the threading was undone.

As noted in my edit, I was able to release it after a hot water bath by threading the chimney on from the other end (from the top, outside the tank) and giving it a good solid tug.
Gotcha...good tip!

Reactions: bwh79

icebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
KS
Also found this ultem with top fill from a Korean custom manufacturer... about $100 to get to the states so not going to happen but would love a mass produced version LOL:

G2Custom Doggy 2k16 상부주입 울템경통 리뷰.

The company is G2Customs and they are on FB and answered my inquiry to cost.

This is amazing(minus the ultem, IMO)! How do we submit a product request to SXK? If the top fill worked with no issues on this, I would buy a bunch of these, and a bunch more of the Doggies.

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
I just came back here to express my love for the SXK Doggy 2K16 again. Got myself a second one and it´s just and awesome little MTL tank, to be honest the most hassle-free tanks I own, despite the fact that I need a tool to open it and it only holds 3 ml... it´s just so super simple and the flavour I get with my juice is top notch - MUCH better than the flavour I get from the kayfun Clones I have (V5 and Prime). The only other tank that is on par flavour wise is the Coppervape Skyline with the 3 1 mm holes ... both tanks are an absolute bargain!
I only wish somebody would manufacture a 4 ml glass or ultem tank for the 2K16 ...
K.

Last edited:

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Mine sits a little high on my Pico 75w, but they look so good together I had to make it work. They sell these delrin discs (they call them "heat insulation gaskets") at FT that would take up the gap, but I just rigged one out of something I had lying around (took the flat-bottom insert out of an old reusable shopping bag.) 9 wraps 28g SS, 3mm ID, rayon wick; vapes great (6mg 50/50, unflavored or lightly flavored DIY) at around 11.5w, or in TC I let it have up to 14w to get up to 400F. Sorry for potato:

Voqnmt1l.jpg

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Being totally compulsive about trying new rta's I ordered one of these from Fasttech today. On the weekend sale it was dirt cheap. I ordered the SJMY version as I am more of a less serious mtl vapor and it has a bit more airflow. I do love single coil tanks and flavor chasing is my thing. This forum has caused me to own more vape gear than I could ever use. I think I am a vape mail addict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread