SXK DOGGY STYLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Coil's a 26 gauge, about 8 wraps, SS, came out to about .81 resistance, it's a 2.5 diameter coil.
Rayon.

One coil, one wick. It was super easy. I haven't really tried to tighten the doggy down, but I guess at some point I'll play with it. Right now I have it wide open, but wide open is still not a super airy draw, IMO.

Anna

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
Coil's a 26 gauge, about 8 wraps, SS, came out to about .81 resistance, it's a 2.5 diameter coil.
Rayon.

One coil, one wick. It was super easy. I haven't really tried to tighten the doggy down, but I guess at some point I'll play with it. Right now I have it wide open, but wide open is still not a super airy draw, IMO.

Anna

At 2.5 id and 8 wraps your wire have to be 28 gauge not 26...to get that resistance. I never even put AF ring on on my doggy... it is terrible tight even wide open... I am even thinking about drilling bigger hole under coil :w00t:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    For more air you can get the SJMY Doggystyle , it has a bigger airflow tube.

$12.26 SJMY Doggystyle Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3.5ml / stainless steel + acrylic at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

6218200-10.jpg

Dubminer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    Yes the SXK has a 1.6mm air flow and the SJMY has a 2.3mm air flow. I use both and fully wide open. Both are great quality, i like the SJMY during the day with 20 mg nicotine then switch up to the SXK at night with 30 mg nicotine. I just ordered more, must have around 15 now.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2018
    Illinois, USA
    I don’t get it, I close mine off to 99.9% and love the draw.

I know draw is subjective, but wide open being tight is new to me!

Maybe there is something wrong with my doggy??? Wide open without AF ring it vape as tight as 1 or sometimes 2 smallest holes on my Nautilus2... and draw is not very smooth/even...flavor is also a little harsh/muted... maybe something inside is blocking air pssages... IDK... I' m stuborn and persistent person ... I tried all coils diameter with different wicking... I cleaned and blowed it couple times and still cannot get that great flavor and satisfying vape you guys rave... Despite the fact that Doggy's tiny deck is much more difficult for me to build than Siren's I would love to use this tank if draw was at least a little less tight and flavor at least closer to that Siren provide... so far one thing I love about doggy is its look and small dimension... Yes I should probably buy SMJ version but I do not like frosted glass and I thought that wide open SXK will be not tighter draw than 3 smallest holes on my nautilus.

Who knows maybe I will buy SMJ next time I will be buying something from China for now I just wonder if drilling slightly bigger hole under coil is possible.

Reactions: stols001

sk25411

ECF Veteran
    Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    @Janusz not sure there. I started with a nautilus and nautilus 2, my doggies (I’ve tested 4 of them) wide open are way looser than a wide open nautilus 2.

If I open a doggy up all the way, it feels like zero resistance on the draw at all, and I am NOT a fan. When I close it way down, I get that semi soft milkshake-esque draw, perfect.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2016
    The drip tip that comes with the sxk is very restrictive. I am going to assume that you tried different tips? I never use the supplied tip. I have both the sxk and the sjmy and while the sjmy is less restrictive they both are just fine for me. Neither is anywhere near as tight as the Berserker. You may have a defective set if you are finding it very tight using any drip tip.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Maybe there is something wrong with my doggy??? Wide open without AF ring it vape as tight as 1 or sometimes 2 smallest holes on my Nautilus2... and draw is not very smooth/even...flavor is also a little harsh/muted... maybe something inside is blocking air pssages... IDK... I' m stuborn and persistent person ... I tried all coils diameter with different wicking... I cleaned and blowed it couple times and still cannot get that great flavor and satisfying vape you guys rave... Despite the fact that Doggy's tiny deck is much more difficult for me to build than Siren's I would love to use this tank if draw was at least a little less tight and flavor at least closer to that Siren provide... so far one thing I love about doggy is its look and small dimension... Yes I should probably buy SMJ version but I do not like frosted glass and I thought that wide open SXK will be not tighter draw than 3 smallest holes on my nautilus.

Who knows maybe I will buy SMJ next time I will be buying something from China for now I just wonder if drilling slightly bigger hole under coil is possible.
    Try this , take your build out and the airflow ring off and run hot water through the airslot so that a steady stream is flowing through the airflow tube to clear whatever is blocking it, I do this from time to time and have found some debris or old built up juice inside, it always comes back to normal.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
    Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    Both of my internal battery mods died within a week of each other. I never suspected the damn USB ports would become inoperable.

Anyway, got this in the mail today, and hope to have a long, loving relationship with it!

E21B7E2D-F583-4BD5-B739-67B2D9FE9A20.jpeg

Edit. Bonus doggy in background, honestly just noticed lol.

Last edited:

Janusz

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2018
    Illinois, USA
    Try this , take your build out and the airflow ring off and run hot water through the airslot so that a steady stream is flowing through the airflow tube to clear whatever is blocking it, I do this from time to time and have found some debris or old built up juice inside, it always comes back to normal.

I did it yesterday... for a while I felt it helped tiny bit but today it is as tight as before... maybe I will soak it in vinegar for couple days... maybe some strand of cotton get inside... not in the tiny "chimney" because I used needle to poke in it but under it... I think sooner or later I will buy another doggy but this time I will choose SJMY version... can I replace tank beetween sxk and sjmy ?

Reactions: stols001

Chodi

ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2016
    I did it yesterday... for a while I felt it helped tiny bit but today it is as tight as before... maybe I will soak it in vinegar for couple days... maybe some strand of cotton get inside... not in the tiny "chimney" because I used needle to poke in it but under it... I think sooner or later I will buy another doggy but this time I will choose SJMY version... can I replace tank beetween sxk and sjmy ?
    It seems very likely that you got a defective tank. At the price this is not hard to understand. No you cannot change the tanks from sxk to sjmy they fit differently.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    It seems very likely that you got a defective tank. At the price this is not hard to understand. No you cannot change the tanks from sxk to sjmy they fit differently.
    You are right the tanks are not interchangeable but if you order the spare acrylic ones bizarrely they are interchangeable.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Most people find if fairly easy. I will not mention the tale of my "first" doggy style, LOL, don't want you to think it's hard, it's not that hard. I sincerely think my first one was cursed.

However, I decided not to accept defeat, and my second one was crazy easy. Either my build skills have progressed, or my first one was cursed (I sincerely think both may have been true.)

My second one took me about 10 minutes to build and wick and it's an awesome flavor atomizer. This thread is full of tips and tricks, and a couple build videos from youtube, which may be helpful to watch.

But I didn't have a hard time with my second one, and I did almost immediately order a couple more. LOL.

Anna

bwh79

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    You are right the tanks are not interchangeable but if you order the spare acrylic ones bizarrely they are interchangeable.
    How does that even work? A few months ago, I had occasion to have two Broadside (clone) mech mods in my possession at the same time. The top-cap and switch housing from "A" fit on "B" just fine, and vice-versa. The top-cap fit into the switch housing (both its own, and the one from the other mod) just fine. When I tried to stack them one atop the other, mod A fit on top of mod B, but mod B wouldn't screw onto mod A. I don't get it. It fits the part, which fits the other part, but the parts don't fit each other. A == B, B == C, but somehow, A != C. It don't make no sense...

Last edited:

bwh79

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    Just ordered one offa fasttech. For a complete newbie to rebuildables, how easy is the sxk to start on?
    For a first rebuildable, people often recommend a dripper rather than a tank atomizer, simply because it's easier to open up and see what's going on. But as far as rebuildable tanks go, the Doggy is not a bad first choice, since at least you can open it up and access the coil without dumping the tank like you'd have to do on some older RTA tanks (KFL+, for example, which many considered "King" until it was toppled by the Doggystyle). It's just not quite as easy as pulling the top-cap off a dripper and peeking down inside.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2018
    Illinois, USA
    Most people find if fairly easy. I will not mention the tale of my "first" doggy style, LOL, don't want you to think it's hard, it's not that hard. I sincerely think my first one was cursed.

However, I decided not to accept defeat, and my second one was crazy easy. Either my build skills have progressed, or my first one was cursed (I sincerely think both may have been true.)

My second one took me about 10 minutes to build and wick and it's an awesome flavor atomizer. This thread is full of tips and tricks, and a couple build videos from youtube, which may be helpful to watch.

But I didn't have a hard time with my second one, and I did almost immediately order a couple more. LOL.

Anna

Most people find if fairly easy... yeah...:w00t::):).... those are the same people who have half dozen doggies plus couple sirens , areses, berserkers, kayfuns and some RDAs ... if you ask them if there is any RTA difficult to build they will claim that all are equally easy... as long as you know how to wrap wire around screw... I did probably dozen successful builds on my doggy... and some took me less than 10 minutes... but I will insist that for me... building on very tiny doggy deck is much, much more difficult than on Siren's or Wasp Nano... despite the fact that I know how to wrap wire around screw... hey I can even use screw and wrap over it 7 -8 times making perfectly spaced coil...

On a way from China to my home there is another RTA... and this is not Doggie... but I expect it will beat doggie not only in regard of easiness of build but flavor also... I expect it to be even easier build than Siren... will have air hole (under coil)choices of 1.5mm, 2.0mm, 2.5 or fully open 3.1mm....It will have tanks that I can change from 2 ml to 3.5ml to 5ml and will have two choices of e-juice wicking openings (small round and bigger oval)... I will not disclose tank name... till I will get it... but "most people will find it fairly easy which tank I ordered "... of course it is clone...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread