Status
Not open for further replies.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I have spare acrylic tanks already, and will add more, but considering ordering a few more (have 3 now) full tanks to store away just for the bases/parts.
IMO, SXK has a reputation for producing some winners but once they are done producing they are gone.

So, if you love it, why not? Why wait? This atty is so dirt cheap you could have many, many years worth for very little investment.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    The 2mm coil in the doggy is a winner. I had a 2mm in my sjmy and 2.5mm in my sxk.

Redid my sxk to a 2mm and it made a difference with airflow and flavour - thanks for those who posted this tip here :)

Though it is fun wicking a 2mm diameter coil ;)

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2016
    I'm working up another FT order for a couple more Doggies, and some screws, insulators, and plastic tubes.
    Hope they have everything ready to ship. I had to wait on insulators and screws. Took a a few extra days before even getting on the slow boat, but now have all the spares.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    Hope they have everything ready to ship. I had to wait on insulators and screws. Took a a few extra days before even getting on the slow boat, but now have all the spares.
    Yeah, if you want something fast, fasttech (or any china site) is not your huckleberry... the name is pretty ironic LOL.

But, if you are stocking up on a fav... can't be beat.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2016
    Yeah, if you want something fast, Fasttech (or any china site) is not your huckleberry... the name is pretty ironic LOL.

But, if you are stocking up on a fav... can't be beat.
    I ordered the spares just for the purpose of upgrading my SXK Doggy's to SJMY/Animodz size airflow. The SXK was/is vaping fine, so I wasn't in any hurry. ... SJMY is vaping fine too ;)

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    I ordered the spares just for the purpose of upgrading my SXK Doggy's to SJMY/Animodz size airflow. The SXK was/is vaping fine, so I wasn't in any hurry. ... SJMY is vaping fine too ;)
    Do you run both are just the more open airflow now?

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2016
    Do you run both are just the more open airflow now?
    I have one of each in front of me right now !!! ... in fact, only two setups currently running. The SXK is on a Pico 75 and the SJMY is on a Mod 101.

The SXK (not upgraded yet) airflow is wide open and the SJMY is about 1/3-1/2 way closed but depending on what I'm doing or where I'm at or just plain want at the time ... I also run the SJMY wide open. Right now even with the SXK wide open and SJMY partially closed, the SJMY is airier. But that can be partially attributed to individual coil and wick build qualities to some degree, although the builds are "the same".

OH ... and if you order spare Doggy Posts, you will receive posts with the larger size (SJMY/Aminodz) size airflow opening. The site doesn't state that, but that's what I (and others) received. Who knows what the Chinese may have the next time the Posts are up though, ya know. And if you replace the post, don't forget the insulator while you're in there. Not 100% sure if you HAVE to replace the insulator or not but better to be safe than sorry considering the prices and expected shipping time.

EDIT: Spotted a ProVari Classic / Kabuki on the kitchen counter so I have 3 setups running ... the Doggy's kinda made me forget about it for a while ;)

Last edited:

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    OH ... and if you order spare Doggy Posts, you will receive posts with the larger size (SJMY/Aminodz) size airflow opening. The site doesn't state that, but that's what I (and others) received.
    Yeah, I read that in the discussions section a while back and never ordered it. I did grab the insulators though for down the road.

Last edited:

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
    Jun 5, 2016
    OH ... and if you order spare Doggy Posts, you will receive posts with the larger size (SJMY/Aminodz) size airflow opening....

Glad you mentioned that. I definitely don't want the larger airflow of the SJMY, or even risk it. lol.

Think I'll be better off just ordering several, or more, of the full SXK version for spares and/or parts. ;)

Promethian

Mar 3, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator:

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2016
    This afternoon for the first time, I replaced the airflow post in my SXK Doggy with one of the spare airflow posts I'd ordered. The spare airflow post has a larger airflow opening than the SXK. The larger airflow is the same as the SJMY/Original Animodz Doggy. I can verify that it is not absolutely necessary to replace the insulator at the time of the swap. Unless the insulator is somehow damaged. Unlikely in most cases since it is pretty durable. The post replacement/swap was "plug and play".

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2016
    36880698_628821437473779_3420059114657546240_n.jpg

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia