Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Not even the time out? It hasn't been a MAJOR flaw to me, but preference....

The time out hasn't bothered me. I switch off on to another mod after a few puffs, so it may be about an hour before I get back to it, then it's just a matter of the quick clicks, and it's just automatic already.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The time out hasn't bothered me. I switch off on to another mod after a few puffs, so it may be about an hour before I get back to it, then it's just a matter of the quick clicks, and it's just automatic already.

"Minor annoyance" to me. Not nearly enough to take it out of play. I think we're all aligned in this regard.

Psihoza

Jun 8, 2018
Croatia
Got my first SXK Doggy this morning :) Nice little atty. Real easy to build (although honestly I haven't found any hard ones yet for me), real forgiving and easy to wick) and real nice flavor. I used 8 wraps of 2mm with 28ga ss316l wire, 0.72 ohm, in TC on Pico. Wicked with Cotton Bacon. Flow can be closed enough for me (Kayfun Prime on position 3 is what i like).

What might be better is:
- too small and slippery flow control ring.
- driptip with it is full metal. Too hot. And too short. Something longer needed here or I end up kissing the plastic tank :)

Showstopper for me is plastic tank. Cracking possibility, bisfenol possibility, really a cheap feel to it too. BTW I asked SXK why they don't consider making SS tanks but their reply is basically asking me to do it for them and order a large number so it is worth while for them. I might even invest in 1000 pieces, Im sure it would sell, but Im also sure they would start selling it for 2$ as soon as my order comes through :)

For last, comparison with my favorite SXK Kayfun Prime:
PRO:
- smaller and lighter
- simpler to disassemble, clean (less parts)
- easier and forgiving wicking

CON:
- much less quality feel to it. Prime just feels rock solid. Mostly because of plastic tank.
- airflow is smoother on Kayfun. Quieter too Id say. It feels better
- I often accidentaly close airflow with my figer
- im affraid to screw/unscrew it from the mod, if i screw to tight im affraid for plastic threads to break and not really possible to hold it by airflow ring.
- requires longer driptip. Also, not a fan of flat top of the tank with relatively sharp edge. Doesn't feel comfortable and not sure if longer drip tip will help
- a bit less flavor

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!

Psihoza

Jun 8, 2018
Croatia

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Already did, together with atty, but was out of stock ans will arrive in a week.
However, it resolves only part of the problem
Yes, only resolves BPA concern. To resolve completely don't use cracking juices in this atty. Save those for Prime :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I still can't get over the flavor and how unthirsty my tanks are. I guess it's airflow, but it's like the berserker (in that way, maybe not in other ways) they're non juice drinkers. I do have the wattage low and could probably raise it, but I think I'm on my 4th refill in weeks with my first tank but like, I still seem to be getting good vapor production despite its unthirstyness. Heh. I don't know how tis stuff works but I am A OK with it.

I am going to agree that you can chain vape it! LOL, with rayon, well, next time I reopen it (weeks from now) I'm going to change the wick, just because. I don't think it needs it, but you only get SO MANY chances to refill per length of time, etc.

Anna

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I still can't get over the flavor and how unthirsty my tanks are. I guess it's airflow, but it's like the berserker (in that way, maybe not in other ways) they're non juice drinkers. I do have the wattage low and could probably raise it, but I think I'm on my 4th refill in weeks with my first tank but like, I still seem to be getting good vapor production despite its unthirstyness. Heh. I don't know how tis stuff works but I am A OK with it.

I am going to agree that you can chain vape it! LOL, with rayon, well, next time I reopen it (weeks from now) I'm going to change the wick, just because. I don't think it needs it, but you only get SO MANY chances to refill per length of time, etc.

Anna

This has always been my main gripe with the Siren/Ares/Berserker/etc family of atties. In this climate, juice may well be my most valuable commodity. To go through it at 2-3 times the pace I could simply isn't worth it, and the associated vape doesn't justify it (to me).

I've probably got six Sirens here, all retired, and one Siren 2 (I think). I'm running exactly ONE Ares, and that's more than enough.

I guard my juice like I guard my ___________ (< Mad Libs away!). :angel:

:vapor:

Here's to da Dawgz! :toast:

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
37234362_634548893567700_8659702560447266816_n.jpg

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
@Pshihoza, just a coupla thoughts...

For the Dogz, you don't need to mess with the air flow control ring at all. Set it once, and forget it. Many of us use a tool (small screwdriver, etc.) and insert it in the AFC opening. Then just a minor turn with the tool, and you can open it by hand. This alleviates any and all possible probs with the AFC ring. The Dogz do NOT need to be tightly tightly tightly closed.

The drip tip? I've never used one of the ones that came with it! Why not just use another? :)

I actually prefer the plastic (clear) tank to the frosty, but that's of course personal preference. I've never had an eliquid to doggy battle.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
For the Dogz, you don't need to mess with the air flow control ring at all. Set it once, and forget it. Many of us use a tool (small screwdriver, etc.) and insert it in the AFC opening. Then just a minor turn with the tool, and you can open it by hand. This alleviates any and all possible probs with the AFC ring. The Dogz do NOT need to be tightly tightly tightly closed.
This <$3 investment is worth it for any owner of 22mm RTAs that are bottom fill. I use it for Doggy and several others (also has ceramic tweezers for building and smaller grip for stuck drip tips). Win/win/win!

$2.61 Ceramic + Plastic Tweezers for E-Cigarettes - straight pointed tip / 41mm long tip at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

upload_2018-3-25_7-56-34-png.731749

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
This <$3 investment is worth it for any owner of 22mm RTAs that are bottom fill. I use it for Doggy and several others (also has ceramic tweezers for building and smaller grip for stuck drip tips). Win/win/win!

$2.61 Ceramic + Plastic Tweezers for E-Cigarettes - straight pointed tip / 41mm long tip at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

upload_2018-3-25_7-56-34-png.731749

Love that, Tex, and agree.

Here's my experensive device.....

View attachment 754665

View attachment 754663

Idunno, Kat, but I think I want...

Should I order one or two? ;-)

THANKS, TT!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread