ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

Kusie

ECF Veteran
    Jun 21, 2017
    Germany
    Its probably not a glass. Many people doubt glass can handle suchafine threading.

But there is discussion about glass and Doggy earlier in this thread. Somebody even ordered "glass" tanks for testing. We're waiting for it to arrive and test :)

Yeah that was me ... unfortunately the AliExpress seller was not able to transfer my (correct) delivery address to the shipping provider NL Post so while it arrived quickly here in Germany around the corner it was then sent back to China because they could not deliver the package... *sigh* Recieved a full paypal refund.
    Reading all the comments on FT about this version NOT being glass I´n not to sad I didn´t get it, I would have opened a dispute anyway when I had found that it was plastic...
    K.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I think this might've been discussed earlier in the thread- but I just got an SJMY doggy, and there's no o-ring on the base where the tank makes connection. So I guess the Acrylic SJMY doesn't need it?
    upload_2018-8-14_18-31-9.png

Dubminer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    I think this might've been discussed earlier in the thread- but I just got an SJMY doggy, and there's no o-ring on the base where the tank makes connection. So I guess the Acrylic SJMY doesn't need it?
    View attachment 760661
    Yes the SJMY does not have or need the o ring.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
    Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    Not really doggy related, but it’s all I vape on, soooooo.

Is it me, or does 1 less wrap gunk up coils slower?

I have used 8 spaced wraps with 28g SS for a while, and just tried 7 for a few tanks. Used a pretty gunky juice, and noticed much less build up on the coil. Usually I change every 10ml or so on the super bad juices, but feel like I could go longer with 7 wraps?

I don’t know, just a thought. Also, I can’t really taste the difference between 7 and 8 wraps.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Although I have never made an 8 wrap coil ever, (I feel 6 to be my sweet spot) it is possible that the less wrapped coil is heating more efficient with your particular vaping style and wattage, thus not leaving as much residue.
    Not really doggy related, but it’s all I vape on, soooooo.

Is it me, or does 1 less wrap gunk up coils slower?

I have used 8 spaced wraps with 28g SS for a while, and just tried 7 for a few tanks. Used a pretty gunky juice, and noticed much less build up on the coil. Usually I change every 10ml or so on the super bad juices, but feel like I could go longer with 7 wraps?

I don’t know, just a thought. Also, I can’t really taste the difference between 7 and 8 wraps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    View attachment 760661

I had this question - actually ended up taking the o-ring off my sxk as it seems to make unscrewing easier. No problem with leaks :)

Rcon

Aug 11, 2016
    It's Go time for GoTank v2! I actually typed out a big review for the GoTank thread but I have decided not to post it as I am not a reviewer and well, I am feeling too dissapointed.

All I am going to say is this. The GoTank v2 is a solid well machined tank. As suspected it is very similar to the Doggy in most design aspects and every quality of life upgrade we hoped for is here and actually works, including a leak/gurgle free topfill.

It is however sadly let down by a 2.0mm airflow hole (at least) and the AFC, which it is way too airy (for me anyway). The AFC has 7 holes and I have to close it off completely and then open it slowly to barely show a tiny part of the first of 7 holes to get what I consider a MTL vape from it. I can also vape on it with the AFC completely closed, which says it all I think. Vape quality wise, I'd say it vapes more like an Ares (not that I kept mine for long). Yep, built like a Doggy, vapes like an Ares!

It's a solid tank though and your mileage may vary. For me, the search continues :(

Janusz

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2018
    Illinois, USA
    It's Go time for GoTank v2! I actually typed out a big review for the GoTank thread but I have decided not to post it as I am not a reviewer and well, I am feeling too dissapointed.

All I am going to say is this. The GoTank v2 is a solid well machined tank. As suspected it is very similar to the Doggy in most design aspects and every quality of life upgrade we hoped for is here and actually works, including a leak/gurgle free topfill.

It is however sadly let down by a 2.0mm airflow hole (at least) and the AFC, which it is way too airy (for me anyway). The AFC has 7 holes and I have to close it off completely and then open it slowly to barely show a tiny part of the first of 7 holes to get what I consider a MTL vape from it. I can also vape on it with the AFC completely closed, which says it all I think. Vape quality wise, I'd say it vapes more like an Ares (not that I kept mine for long). Yep, built like a Doggy, vapes like an Ares!
    :(

Thank you for review. For me it looks like "ultimate perfect doggy".... but I love "fake MTL"... 2 mm is absolute minimum I have to have under coil... If you like "true/proper MTL" I recommend Vapefly Galaxies.... no other tank can give you as tight draw as Galaxies... even wide open is as tight as SXK Doggy... but if you install smaller hole inserts and close AF holes ( with one or two gear control wheels ) draw can be much tighter than that of Berserker at smallest hole open. I have Vapefly Galaxies and gladly exchange it for your too airy GoTank v2 or even for any cheapest doggy ( I can drill SXK hole to 2mm without problem but with galaxies it is impossible) :D

Reactions: stols001

sk25411

ECF Veteran
    Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    I can honestly say, I never knew what a “dry hit” tasted like, the doggy is that good.

Well, tonight, I was deeply involved in some Dad style video gaming (Hearthstone), and I vaped my tank ENTIRELY DRY while lost in my own world.

I now know what a dry hit tastes like.

Back to a nice clean tank of VERY aged SOHO, and I’m back happy!

Rcon

Aug 11, 2016
    Re the GoTank v2. Just to add to what I said yesterday for anyone still considering this tank. It sat overnight with no leaks at all, no gurgling either, and considering this was my first build that's a good sign. With fresh tastebuds this morning I can say the flavour output is definitely up there with the Doggy, but it is a juice guzzler and I emptied the tank at an alarming rate compared to the Doggy - almost twice as fast I'd say.

Having sat all night and with the airflow all but closed I did get a decent vape out of it this morning. I really do like the Doggy design and build quality of it, so I will mess around some more with it this weekend I think.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2018
    Illinois, USA
    Re the GoTank v2. Just to add to what I said yesterday for anyone still considering this tank. It sat overnight with no leaks at all, no gurgling either, and considering this was my first build that's a good sign. With fresh tastebuds this morning I can say the flavour output is definitely up there with the Doggy, but it is a juice guzzler and I emptied the tank at an alarming rate compared to the Doggy - almost twice as fast I'd say.

Having sat all night and with the airflow all but closed I did get a decent vape out of it this morning. I really do like the Doggy design and build quality of it, so I will mess around some more with it this weekend I think.

Why to settle for decent vape ??? Why to be forced to mess around some more??? :evil:

Just trade with me for Vapefly Galaxies RTA... See Vaping with Vick You Tube video... he raves about Galaxies... he claims Galaxies is best TRUE and PROPER MTL with flavor that is even better than Berserker's...:shock: I cannot confirm it because my taste buds are old and destroyed by 43 years of smoking...:( but I am sure you will have no problem with getting tight draw...as tight as you can dream of...:sneaky:

Verification process on this forum is very slow (I am waiting already 2 weeks and still am not verified) and is required to access classifieds... so start your verification process as soon as possible and after couple of months we will be able to make a a wonderful trade...:D:D:D

Rcon

Aug 11, 2016
    GoTank v2 final thoughts. This will be my last post on this tank here as it is the Doggy thread after all. I've only posted about it here as the design is so close to the Doggy and I know some of you will be interested in this tank because of that.

I dropped the coil a lot closer to the deck in my second build, so much so the top of the coil ended up below the top of the post screw heads. I also upped the density of my wicking a bit (although I had to thin the tails out due to the reduced wicking chanels compared to the Doggy). This resulted in a tighter draw and I'm now finding the first hole on the AFC is working well for me. It's now producing a fuller vape similar to a Beserker Mini, but dare I say it with more flavour.

My opinion has changed since I tried it first and I do like this tank - boy it really pushes out the flavour, but at the considerable cost of guzzling juice. Top fill works very nicely too, they have really nailed that (I had a little bit of juice come out of the AFC after the second build but this is due to how low the coil is and once I'd flipped the tank and blew it out (KFL style) there's not been a drip since).

Only time will tell if it's a Doggy beater (for me), but IMO it's definitely worth a try if any of you are looking to take a punt on something new, especially if top fill is something you value.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    GoTank v2 final thoughts. This will be my last post on this tank here as it is the Doggy thread after all. I've only posted about it here as the design is so close to the Doggy and I know some of you will be interested in this tank because of that.

I dropped the coil a lot closer to the deck in my second build, so much so the top of the coil ended up below the top of the post screw heads. I also upped the density of my wicking a bit (although I had to thin the tails out due to the reduced wicking chanels compared to the Doggy). This resulted in a tighter draw and I'm now finding the first hole on the AFC is working well for me. It's now producing a fuller vape similar to a Beserker Mini, but dare I say it with more flavour.

My opinion has changed since I tried it first and I do like this tank - boy it really pushes out the flavour, but at the considerable cost of guzzling juice. Top fill works very nicely too, they have really nailed that (I had a little bit of juice come out of the AFC after the second build but this is due to how low the coil is and once I'd flipped the tank and blew it out (KFL style) there's not been a drip since).

Only time will tell if it's a Doggy beater (for me), but IMO it's definitely worth a try if any of you are looking to take a punt on something new, especially if top fill is something you value.

Rcon, your info, invaluable. I am anxious to give this gas guzzler a spin around the block. :D

< Two. :D

Dubminer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 10, 2016
    It is kinda weird, all i used at first were SXK doggies. Then i went a year with an SXK and a SJMY doggie in daily rotation. For the last few months all i use are the SJMY versions. Same juice and coil etc. For some reason i now prefer a very restricted DTL vape.

On the plus side i am still so happy with my doggies. I have no plans to even try anything else.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread