SXK Doggystyle 2k18

Status
Not open for further replies.

rifky

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2014
Indonesia
Screenshot_2018-11-03-13-04-01~2.png
New doggy style clone. It is restricted enough for MTL? Same airhole with 2016?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Interesting, but it's 13mm longer than the 2K16 and has the same 3 1/2 ml capacity. Still a bit shorter than the Aqua V2, but it's getting close. Plus the 2K16 has never leaked in my pocket and I find it very easy to refill. Unless I'm missing something I think I'm going to pass on this one.

fis1976

Jul 3, 2018
I really hope SXK will release a version of this 2K18 with the smaller 1.5 mm hole... this version is too airy for me... Still, very eager to hear your impressions on this, especially if it leaks when top filling...

Nope, SXK version also have big hole :( I don't think they'll release two versions

Buy SXK Doggystyle V2 2K18 Style RTA Silver 22mm Rebuildable Atomizer

Interesting, but it's 13mm longer than the 2K16 and has the same 3 1/2 ml capacity. Still a bit shorter than the Aqua V2, but it's getting close. Plus the 2K16 has never leaked in my pocket and I find it very easy to refill. Unless I'm missing something I think I'm going to pass on this one.

It looks like I'll pass on this too, I'm also happy with the 2K16. Looking forward for Berserker V1.5, will wait more "independent reviews" and will decide. I passed Berserker 24 and the Mini tho.

Last edited:

Rcon

Aug 11, 2016
Try as I might, I just can't understand the industrys obsession with top fill. It takes a minute to bottom fill the doggy with the added bonus that there's no flood risk to worry about. Every top fill tank I've owned bar the Kayfuns (with their awesome juice flow control) has flooded with top fill to a more or lesser extent.

We have waited a long time for a new version of the Doggy and all they add is top fill, whilst seemingly ignoring all the other little inherent annoyances like the AFC ring, wire traps, plastic tank etc.

Such a disappointment after 2 years and I'll also be skipping this version. Just as well perhaps, as I now have 14x 2k16's :w00t:

Dudeus Nordicus

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Some ways away from koala forests
Try as I might, I just can't understand the industrys obsession with top fill.

There's demand for both designs and not all top fill tanks are prone to leaking. Maybe it's my wicking but it hasn't been a problem for me. We'll find out soon enough whether the new puppy is incontinent or not.

If you like the original V1 they're not likely to go away any time soon. The new top fill V2 however is likely to entice new users to the MTL world of Doggy. If I ever need to refill on the road I'd definitely take the top fill design.

If the SXK V2 is only available with the bigger SMJY-style air hole rather than the original 1.2 mm I'd still reach for the original though.

We have waited a long time for a new version of the Doggy and all they add is top fill, whilst seemingly ignoring all the other little inherent annoyances like the AFC ring, wire traps, plastic tank etc.

While I'd like a stopper for the AFC ring and better screws (easy to replace but annoying to source), switching to a glass tank would have required redesign on the base and chimney structure. See the Gotank MTL V2 RTA for reference.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The new top fill V2 however is likely to entice new users to the MTL world of Doggy.

Yes, it might (though I do vape this puppy DL :)) and that's a good thing IMO. OTOH, it's kinda a bummer that top fill is better than a good bottom fill method. Then again, this might just be me and my particular preference.

If I ever need to refill on the road I'd definitely take the top fill design.

If top fill works well for you, go for it. The bottom fill Doggy works well enough for me that top fill in this case is pretty much irrelevant to me. But that's just me and my preferences.

Vape on my friend :thumb:

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Wonder if you can just screw the new tank and chimney portion into an old sxk base?

I can't see any reason why not from the pics of the deck. If all else fails, the center post of the sxk 2k16 (with the smaller airhole) should be able to be swapped with a 2k18 deck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread